1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

TX200 v HW97

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ejd2006, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ejd2006

ejd2006 Member

I know there are those who favour each rifle but I have read a lot about how the TX200 mk1 and 2 are "Better" than the mk3. So does this mean that the mk3 is not the equal of the HW 97 or is it still and the mk1 and 2 were better than the HW97? This is a genuine question not just trying to open can of worms.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  2. bundyk

bundyk Engaging Member

Out of the box I think mk3 is still better than the 97 but the 97 can be had for less than 250 quid new so its about 40% cheaper than the tx

3. richardscar

richardscar Donator

Hi Ejd , I had a HW97(26mm piston) which had been tuned and that was great. Many moons ago I had a HW77 with 25mm piston and that was superb . I have recently got a TX200hc MK3 and I am struggling a little with it ? Maybe the piston seal is poor or breech seals , I am working on that and going to shoot it tomorrow . I love the TX but just wish I could shoot it a little better .
    You may have noticed I am in Formby too !
    Seriously, no problem if you want to pop around to have a look/go .
    atb, rich.

4. c96

c96 Donator

I have a 97 k/t stainless synthethic. It was tunded by Welsh Willi for me and is one of my real faves. I find the 97 very easy to shot. I have had a few shots with a TX and did own a TXSR which was something special.. I allso own a BAM 40 thats a clone of the TX:eek:. Mine came via LYN Lewington aka Venoman and came originally from Venom has it had been Steve Popes so its a very good example of its type. On its very first outing at my club it propmted a member of the Air Arms team and Welsh F/T team to state it was one of the best .22 TX,s he had ever used:D. Imagine his face when I told him what it really was:eek:. To be fair mind he stands by his findings has do I if you can find one there a very good buy and I can see why Air Arms threw a fit with them coming in to UK:eek:. there a real good copy.:up:

5. In-exile

In-exile Donator

Walther LGU should be in there too
    http
    ://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/tests/test-walther-lgu/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  6. richardscar

richardscar Donator

Absolutely ! , I had one and it was the easiest and to shoot accurately, by far .

7. Dead eye kai

Dead eye kai Busy Member

97 for me. I've had two the first I swapped for a pcp and instantly regretted it so sold the pcp and bought another 97 for the reasons below
    - I prefer the stock on the 97kt as the drop down pistol grip I feel gives me better trigger control.
    It - I don't like the clack, clack, clack of the anti-beartrap on the tx and the fact you have to push the button in to return the underlever.
    - The loading port on the 97 goes right across the cylinder through 180 degrees. You only get a 90 degree cut out on the tx. All tx owners will say it isn't an issue. I just like having more room for my short, fat fingers.
    -The rekord trigger some say is the industry standard on a sporting rifle and I think it just pips the cd unit on the tx.
    These are of course my own opinions.
    In all honesty you won't go wrong with either rifles. They are both great and will only come down to personal preference. Try and get to a club and shoulder and shoot both. Either way it'll be money well spent.

8. gordy p

gordy p Busy Member

I had a 97 untill recently and now have a tx and walther lgu. all 3 are very good guns but out the box the walther is by far the easiest to be accurate with and its got the nicest firing cycle. That said you wont go far wrong with any of the 3

9. hairyarms

hairyarms .

I have got a .177 TX and a .22 97, its hard to compare them really because the TX has a short stroke nose in it and the 97's a .22. I think most people who have owned both will go for a tuned 97.I dont know where they sell them new for £250 though?

10. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

where? i paid over £500 for mine with bag and scope.....then another £80 for the bits to tune it

11. Barni

Barni Donator

97k here. Cant fault it to be honest. Not shot a TX so i couldnt really say. Did shoulder one and it did seem very nice :)

12. bundyk

bundyk Engaging Member

I bought one a few weeks ago, paid 232 quid plus about a tenner postage from sportwaffen schneider.de. It was delivered directly to my door in 4 days. It came in at half the legal power though. If ya not gonna have it tuned so want it at just shy of the legal limit then they are about 260 quid delivered to your door from holland. If ya type in "holland" on the forum search bar, you will find the name of the shop that most people use. On my phone sorry or would do it myself

13. bundyk

bundyk Engaging Member

14. hairyarms

hairyarms .

15. bundyk

bundyk Engaging Member

Yeah, better from abroad for me cos I like having it delivered to my house as my nearest rfd is miles away. They all speak perfect english so no problem to deal with

16. richardscar

richardscar Donator

I must admit, I always chuckle when I hear mention of shitesport/sheitesport . Probably sounds a lot better translated into English ..:)

17. Gollum

Gollum Donator

Never shot a 97 but absolutely love Richards ^^ TX200HC, tho the light trigger kept suprising me:)

18. arthur john smithsplease

arthur john smithsplease Busy Member

The only downside to the LGU (I do have one and have had the TX and 97 in the past) is the trigger which, though perfectly usable, is not as good as the Rekord or AA units.

It is however much nicer and more accurate to shoot with than the others, both of which need work doing to them, IMHO. Not quite as appealing to look at as the TX, but better finished than the Weihrauch.

A little heavier than the TX full length but with a more neutral balance.

Much easier to strip than the HW, and you don't need to remove the barrel to get the compression tube out. Just two pins to knock out, and not too much preload.

19. Fenman1980

Fenman1980 Well-Known Member

Any import tax on that

20. richardscar

richardscar Donator

it surprised me too......................seeing you looking surprised . lol