1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Tx200 hc under power after clean up

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by mattybugeye, Jan 28, 2014.

1. mattybugeye

mattybugeye Engaging Member

After picking up a tx200 at a bargin price off another forum member other day I set to work getting it up to scratch on my day off today.*Cocking was gritty and harsh after a strip down quickly found the cocking shoe was clean snapped in half.and all internals covered in metal filings/shards (see pics)A trip to aaron wheelers this morning picked up a new shoe and thaught while its in bits will give a good clean polish and re lube .Inside was a sorry state very dirty grease and gritty as hell I cleaned spring took piston from compression chamber and degresed with scotch pad then polished up with lig oil came up really nice. removed the piston derlin rings cleaned and re lubed underneath and refit lubing as I went using abbey lt2 grease on everything then cleaned all the bore of compression chamber it has some light swirling on but nothing too bad (well as far as I'm aware no expert at all) the bottom spring guide has some deep scoring on so will eventually be replaced . I used some fine wet and dry to clean up the top and bottom of spring so smoother twisting on cocking there was 2 washers below the top hat it was chronod at 9.5 when bought so tried adding another 2 washers but later had to remove 1 as wouldn't cock properly with 4 in!*Managed to get everything cleaned greased up and back toghether today so had it chronod again now 8.6 !!!Put around 50 pellets through it before taking for chrono was pretty accurate at 25 yd with odd drop in consistancy*But cocking nice and smooth now*Also cleaned all trigger mech up as was full of metal filings ?? seems really bizar thaught a good clean / re lube extra washer would improve not reduce power has anyone had simular problem or any advice??? Bit stumped!!*Think maybe a new spring in order any recommendations of any that worked well in your tx ? Only looking for 11ft lbs really .Few pics of what I done today will follow...*Thanks . Matt*

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. mattybugeye

[quote name="mattybugeye" post="3526397" timestamp="1390929627"]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
  3. mattybugeye

There was 2 thin washers in to start with I added another today about as thick as them two that was in. I forgot to add I checked the piston seal had loads of pressure with finger over end and stopped me from pushing any further at all.The breech seal looked fine too? Thanks*Back to topQuoteMultiQuote

4. danlightbulb

danlightbulb Engaging Member

Is it a mk3? I ask because the spring is different to mine. See here:

[​IMG]

Your spring is square section coils. Mine is round. It could be you have an non-standard spring in? I'm just guessing?

5. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Matty's looks like a nasty ox spring...

MarcShaw likes this.
  6. mattybugeye

Yep thaught crossed my mind nasty spring! !! Anyone used the welsh willy kit with titan spring?
    I originally thaught it was a mk1 but its anti bear trap so maybe mk2?? Unsure bud

7. danlightbulb

If it has the 3 cutouts in the compression tube body (see my pic) then its a mk3. Ive heard the welsh willy ones are the best, if I was buying one myself thats what id be going for.

8. mattybugeye

Didn't think was mk3 as thaught they had the fishplate engraving on stock ? Mmmm dunno now lol

9. danlightbulb

The early mk3's had the older stock. Thats what I have. Mine was made in 2004 and has the same stock as yours, but its definitely a mk3.

Your stock looks to have been stripped and redone at some point as well, as the standard finish is a shiny laquer.

10. mattybugeye

Ah cool cheers least I know now lol . It's bit odd I did a major clean up re lube added a washer and lost power though! But still shoots quite nice juat slight inconsistency (odd flyer) ill add pics of groups. ....

11. mattybugeye

The groups it was getting after clean up ...
    [​IMG]
    There is around 10 pellets in each group as can see was improving but odd few completely out of the groups guessing was dropping in consistancy started in middle then bottom then top groups were much beter

12. mattybugeye

Yea stock been re done (not v well) so that's on list and needs re blue tbh but gives me something to do just want to get it shooting nice and consistent around 11ft lbs 1st

13. danlightbulb

I changed the breech seals in mine on advice from here. Definitely worth a try as they wear out, and only cheap.

14. mattybugeye

I had a look today did look ok but I have a box full of decent quality o rings so will change that nxt week working next 6 days so pushed for time now think ww kit a worth while purchase then? If so where do I order from ? Does the etching on bore and piston need rubbing down or is it manufactured like that ??

15. danlightbulb

If your referring to the circular etching then no, it doesn't contact the compression tube because of the delrin rings anyway. I did polish the outside of the compression tube on mine just with some autosol and a rag, but no need to touch the piston metal or the inside of the compression tube.

If I had to replace my spring I'd have gone for a WW kit, I think it comes with a fitted spring guide and tophat as well so should reduce twang if you have any.

16. mattybugeye

Thanks bud that's great . Any idea where I order a ww kit??

17. danlightbulb

18. mattybugeye

Tbh I'm not sure what mk it is bud any way of confirming it?

19. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Well yours has the bear trap so that rules out a mk1' ....so big question, is the barrel shrouded?? If so it's a mk3...if not it's a mk2... That simple really..mk3 stocks were fish scaled , but stocks can get replaced..so the barrel is the easy way to tell..

20. danlightbulb

Early mk3's had the older stock. If the comp tube has the 3 notches like in my pic then its a mk3, also the shrouded barrel as lee says.