1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

TX TBT kitted

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by chevin, Sep 19, 2014.

1. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

This afternoon I fitted the TBT kit in the TX200, please note have never stripped a gun before having watched a couple of vids and info from this forum thought Its time to have a go, took it all apart gave everything a good clean went steady with the grease and carefully put back together, left out the power washers to see what the chrono said.
    Into the garden over the chrono 12 shots giving around 11.3 to 11.45 with AA fields 4.52, cocking smooth and not so twangy so very happy, give it a good test the weekend.

I did make a piston sleeve but did not fit it, I think the priority was to see if I could get it back together, so maybe a job for another day, in your opinion does a sleeve make much of an improvement.
    Thanks to those for the advice, also any more would be most welcome.

2. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

What did you use to make the sleeve? Have you fitted it yet or do you find the TBT kit sufficient now? There's another thread recently ( search Sleeve) where someone had a problem with a TX and a sleeve stopping them cocking their rifle.
    I wonder how many peeps do have them on their TX's?
    atb
    Dag

3. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

I've just done a review of a TbT kit on the AAOC.
    Sleeves for the TX and PS range will be difficult with standard springs because there's so little room between spring and piston wall, I measured mine at 0.35mm so acetate sheet would need to be 0.15mm or less and still risk binding.

4. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

Crikey!:eek:

I'd best to look then.......

5. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, interesting thread, my first springer was a chinese under lever after many years of not using air rifles from 15 years old now 6?:rolleyes: and i did not have much savvy on these, (wish i had joined the forum then) anyway i had it sleeved and lasted 5 minuites before it crunched up, done by a gunsmith!!!!!!! through an oxford gun shop, many years on with now PCPs and 1 X a .22 CZ 634 just using the odd hunting day, i would like to get that tuned but i still think the original spring is sufficiant and have looked on a few web sites about a piston sleeve, most are just some sheeting cut to size and place over spring but there is still the problem of it is not a true round as the cut and needs to be exact size or there is the possability of it catching the internals, so a tight fit against the internal wall of the spring chamber and over spring without being to tight to stop spring from being compressed or fired , OK for those more savvy on springers why cant some thin wall tubing be used ???????????? DELRIN? or ??? CARBINE FIBRE?? EVEN STEEL OR ALLY, tube. what you think chaps

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  6. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

What I would like to see is a properly made nylon sleeve bonded into a piston as a permanent fixture.

7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Ive heard Nick G is the man for custom tx pistons give him a shout

8. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Am I rite in thinking the TX piston is a solid tube (no slot) cos the cocking lever actuates via the comp tube, therefore the only purpose of a piston sleeve would be to reduce spring vibration so if it's "vibe free" without the sleeve then the top hat and spring guide will do just fine !...:up:

A piston sleeve has two purposes, 1-to reduce spring vibe and 2-to stop surplus spring grease from entering the compression tube via the piston slot !...:up:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  9. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

He sure is, im having one fitted to my Field Target TX200 MK3 very soon hopefully:cool:

10. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Let me no the results mate not spoke to him myself jst keep hearing of his work and sounds very impressive ;)

11. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

12. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, would there not be the spring problem to??? what i asked on this thread re spring sleeves am sure someone could say if possable.

13. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The internal dia could be opend out to accomidate a nylon sleeve ect

14. 177

177 Donator

Why no just red rubber grease the spring and forget about a sleeve ?

15. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Because if new things were never tested we would still be watching black and white tvs if new things arnt tested things cant be improved me personally am happy as larry with my vmach tx mk2 but nick g is getting a lot of hype from serious target shooters with his test pistons progress can only be a good thing if he can improve on a vmached tx then all power him id like to see it even better shoot it ;) atvb dave g

16. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Boring out the piston to a larger ID seems to be taking a step backwards and modifying existing parts to fit new ones.

I would do what Barry suggested and either go for thick grease,or a smaller OD spring or just a really thin liner.

17. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

I don't bother with a sleeve in the TX. The top hat stops the twang and I see a sleeves main purpose as stopping the migration of lubes, so pointless in a sealed piston. I use a generic instruction sheet for all the kits, I think maybe I need a TX specific one to avoid confusion.

I had a go with NickG's TX at Micks bash. Very impressive indeed!

18. 177

177 Donator

I am all for experiments, however, unless you have copious amounts of free time then there is plenty of information readily available without reinventing the wheel.

A narrower mainspring can be useful on some guns but I wouldn't necessarily fool with one only to fit a piston liner.

I'd be happy to fit one for various other reasons though.

This is where I get pedantic though. Most of us tinker, few of us tune. Making or heavily modifying components is worlds apart from the spit and polish most of us do.

19. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Hi guys I had a good go with the TX at the range last Sunday and it was just magic, so smooth and really quiet for a springer, zeroed it at 35yds and so accurate people commented on how smooth it was.
    I will not bother fitting a sleeve it's shooting so well I dont think I could improve on it, so a big thank you for your help and advice guy's also nick for a quality product.
    ATB.

20. Nickg

Nickg Posting Addict

I am Happy to let anyone shoot my guns, I have two levels of tune One for the HC, and the ultimate for the full length, I am at the Greyhound on a regular basis.