1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Twinmaser DIY Power mods

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Peter B, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Peter B

Peter B Well-Known Member

My recently acquired Rohm CO2 Twinmaster was averaging around only 2ft lb over a mag of 8 checked with a Combro 625 using RWS Meisterkugeln 7grn pellets.

So I sent an email order to Nick Hulme at Magic 9 Design for the Twinmaster power upgrade kit but got no response. I phoned Nick at Magic 9, no reply, texted him, no reply and with no reply to a couple more emails I had to assume either that Magic 9 Design is no longer trading or that Nick is on long-term absence for some reason. Anyone know what's happened to Magic 9?

So I decided to do a power upgrade on the Twinmaster myself.

First of all I put a 5mm preload spacer on the trigger spring, picture 1. This lifted the power to an average of 2.3ft lb over a mag of 8.

I then opened out the gas ports in the exhaust valve using 0.040” abrasive cord, picture 2. I was very careful not to nick the rim of the seal on the valve because that would have done for it completely.

I looked at making a hammer weight but I haven’t really got the tools and equipment to make one and I think the hammer on the Twinmaster is made of phosphor bronze and I didn’t fancy trying to drill into that to attach a weight.

So that was all I could do at home.

After opening out the valve ports I reattached the Combro and fired the pistol expecting the power to have increased..........but it hadn't. The Combro read exactly the same as after the preload mod and before the valve port opening, around 2.3 ft lb. So the valve port mod had no effect whatsoever and I was disappointed that the mod didn't do what it is reported to do and increase the power.

Any suggestion for other power improvement mods on this pistol would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Think Nick went out of business, I know he was very often very late getting work done for customers, and hard to reach.

3. Nobbi1977

Nobbi1977 Donator

4. Peter B

Yes, I posted on that thread and as I said there my Twinmaster is CO2 powered, not precharged air, very different power control systems.

My pistol works by the CO2 expanding explosively and massively from its liquid state in the CO2 capsule to its gaseous state when the exhaust valve is opened by the hammer strike.

Totally different from compressed air.

5. kyle2

kyle2 Member

Contact ryboytastic in this forum. He services and mods Rohms's. About to send him one of my Twinmaster Trainers to upgade.

6. Peter B

Thanks, I've just done that.

7. kyle2

kyle2 Member

Cool, he knows what he's doing.

Under no circumstances use Magic 9. He wont respond to my requests to return a Twinmaster Sport I sent him in early March (!) for modifying. Last 4 digits of the serial number are 5172 if you come across it. I'll catch up with the POS some day.

If you are still after a manual one of mine came with an Action manual which is a similar model. Do you want a photo copy?

8. Peter B

Hmm, that's not good news about Magic 9. It's one thing going out of business but to do so with people's property still on your books and not return them is not right, and probably illegal. I think there are some web sites which will get you an address from a mobile phone number but I don't know what's involved.

I'm OK for a manual now thanks. I've stripped the pistol several times now so I know pretty much how its put togther and how it works. I came across this drawing on one web site which I found very useful and using an on-line translater was able to identify the parts from the associated parts lists. The item 470 on the drawing is listed as 'Flachdichtring' part No 898780. This translates as 'flat seal ring' but I haven't got that item fitted on my Twinmaster exhaust valve an I'm wondering if this is the problem with mine.

Anyway, I look forward to a reply from ryboytastic and thaks again for the link to him.

9. lmt

lmt clapped out aviator

Did some work on my air powered version of this, it is highly sensetive to barrel gap. I gained 100fps by reducing this.

If you want to set this, the 8 shot mags are thinner than the single shot tray, I set mine to about 1.5 thou using my thinnest feeler guage.

10. Peter B

Saw your excellent post on the other thread about this and noted the point about the barrel gap. You're in good company with that advice because ryboytastic replied to my PM for advice and also suggested looking at the barrel gap by closing it until the magazine just doesn't go in and backing it off until it just does. Haven't done that yet but definitely will.

There's something very odd going on though with the spares drawing I posted above. According to that drawing there was an O ring missing from my Twinmaster exhaust valve. Luckily I found one here: http://www.airgunspares.com/store/product/8283/Rohm-Valve-Nose-O-Ring-Seal-Part-No.-ROS233113/ Same part number as on the drawing but when I fitted it in the position shown on the drawing the valve leaked like a basket and wasted the CO2 cylinder. Very strange.

I think at this point I give up and give ryboytastic a shout in the new year to do a job on this pistol for me.

Thanks for your help and advice anyway everyone and have a great Christmas.

11. monty47

monty47 Engaging Member

Is there a how to for this my mags are quite loose

12. lmt

lmt clapped out aviator

Hi Monty.

There is a cylindrical nut that locks the barrel into the frame. It has a castellated top that needs a tool to undo it.

I didn't have this so I used a piece of thick rubber pipe and mole grips to loosen it, a piece of belt leather may also work.

Once loose the barrel is threaded into the frame so it's just a case of turning the barrel to achieve the required gap.

As I mentioned, I set mine as tight as I could get it using the single shot tray, the 8 shot magazines are slightly thinner.

Once you get the gap adjusted, you just have to tighten the lock nut again.

monty47 likes this.
  13. PhatMan

PhatMan Posting Addict

Hello to All,

I had a dreadful experience with Magic 9 Designs & Mr. Hulme, and never used him again :(

His excuses were laughable :(

Have fun :)

Best regards

Russ

14. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

I don't think Nick has gone out of business. As far as I can tell, he's just lost interest and can't be bothered to reply to anyone.

15. monty47

monty47 Engaging Member

I've been in touch with him regards a weaver rail, it's been a few weeks since I last heard from him