1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Tv Licensing Again

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Carlos76, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Carlos76

Carlos76 Big Poster

Bought a new tv last week tv licensing at the door today.You havnt a licence sir didn't even ask who i was i have a licence but like winding them up.i said you have warrent ?she says no I said good buy shut door then she left

themadspread, SteveO, cbrdave and 2 others like this.
  2. Akita177

Akita177 Very Active

My strategy is i dont talk to them, i now dont answer the door without before hand shouting who is it, then when they tell i usually reply go away!

themadspread and cbrdave like this.
  3. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i had them at the door last week, telling me i didnt have one... (my mrs does pay by direct debit against my wishes) i said how do you know? the bloke said well your'e not miss ******* **** are you i said nope! he said well you dont have one then..i said to him to jog on cos as far as i was aware its each property has one not each person, then i did my usual trick and followed him to his car and noted his reg number and he asked what i was doing i said ill bet thats your personal vehicle and he said yes and i told him i was going to report him to police for not having business insurance..his face went pale and he sped off up the road.

ive done this before and the guys car got impounded and it cost him a bundle to get it back + 3 points on his license for driving uninsured, its a trick i realised i could use after my mrs got done for delivering for the local takeaway without business insurance!

4. Carlos76

Carlos76 Big Poster

Good stuff Carl

monsta41 likes this.
  5. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

Just don't talk to them, nada, nothing, look straight through them like they are thin air.

They have no more authority than a double glazing salesman - unless you start giving them ammo to use against you, they are just there to empty your wallet by any means including lies and fabrication. If you verbally abuse them, chase them down the street or give them ANY information, you can guarantee you will be put on the 'special attention list'.

Say nothing
    Sign nothing
    Close the door.

It's as simple as that - unless you like the drama!

Tron and DRAGONBAIT666 like this.
  6. kt83

kt83 Post Whore

Give any post code and your favourite door number when buying a new TV.

It is a known fact that some of Londons largest multi cultural estates do not ever get a visit from Captita staff who work on behalf of the BBC.

I can't say I blame them, there are much easier, softer targets like a pensioner who struggles to make it from one year to the next:rolleyes:

When working at a Battersea estate some year's back I were told by a resident that a TV license goon was waylaid by his car by a couple of lads and given a hiding.

He was never seen again on that estate nor anybody else knocking on doors hassling people for that matter.

themadspread likes this.
  7. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

The requirement to inform TV Licencing by a store when you purchase a new TV was cancelled a number of years ago, some of the main retailers still grass you up when you buy a TV, Argos are one of the main snitches - Tell them you won't give your details, even if you pay on a card it doesn't mean you are buying it for yourself.

themadspread likes this.
  8. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Well whether you agree or not with the principle of a TV licence and whether you choose to watch live television with or without a licence is purely a personal matter but a thread which has an underlying tone of breaking the law is probably not a good idea on an open shooting forum.It may and i only say may give the impression that some of us are prepared to break the law in other respects possibly where our shooting is involved.

9. SteveO

SteveO Organ Donator

For Christs sake Patrick,

Every time someone mentions the TV licence and not paying the tax you always come out with the same old tired wibble about evasion and breaking the law.

Are you SO brainwashed that you are blind to the fact that people are ditching it by the thousands and do not want their services any longer? Most Millenials don't watch TV choosing to use subscription streaming services instead - me included!

If we don't want to watch TV, we don't need a licence, nobody is suggesting breaking the law or any unlawful evasion, wind your neck in will you for God's sake!

If you watch it, pay your tax and let others lead the life they wish.... please. :rolleyes:

10. kt83

kt83 Post Whore

Oh in that case I'd pay cash and tell them my name is Mr Carr first name, Wayne.

11. themadspread

themadspread Donator

my fav is------ can I have your name sir------yes by all means its nunya----is that your surname sir----no its my Christian name-------well I need your surname sir------that's fu@@ing business followed by foxtrot Oscar----I love the look on there mugs as you shut the door.no £20 commission earnt at my door they soon get the message and don't bother coming back.the threat letters go straight in the bin (unopened) never make any form of contact with them.jobs a good un:D

12. kt83

kt83 Post Whore

Patrick, what has been discussed is 1: to refuse to divulge personal details at Argos; a fundemental right and 2: TV licensing thugs operating on behalf of a thoroughly morally corrupt government organisation causing unnecessary stress and strain to ordinary people who just to be left alone.

There wasn't in any way on gods earth that this jovial discussion be connected to firearm wrong doing, and wouldn't of done till you mentioned it.

SteveO likes this.
  13. Gary1973

Gary1973 Well-Known Member

Funny one this.....My old man and me have always had a license. Last week he was kicking off saying that the license fee was a rip off and he hates paying for a censored left wing news service. Any that its just a big BBC/Government scam. I totally agreed.

I think we will both be stopping payment and they can whistle.

SteveO likes this.
  14. ChrisKz

ChrisKz Busy Member

Makes me laugh , people whine and cry about paying a TV license , yet pay £60 a month for sky .

DRAGONBAIT666, kt83 and Patrick like this.
  15. Gary1973

Gary1973 Well-Known Member

I don't mind the cash its the principle. Talk about a mouthpiece of the Government and left wing elites.

16. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

By not having to buy a TV licence I use the money to have both Netflix and Amazon Prime. Nothing on TV worth watching anyway unless you have an IQ under 60 or are a football supporter. :p

SteveO, DRAGONBAIT666 and Gary1973 like this.
  17. ChrisKz

ChrisKz Busy Member

With the amount of repeats on TV , they should pay you to watch the (swear word)

Patrick likes this.
  18. hughlle

hughlle Big Poster

You could make the same type of argument about people who do not use their full name for forum registration, and have all of their details in their profile. If you're not dealing the law then why the desire for a nickname? :) Always knew this forum was populated by a bunch of scallywags :p it would take a hell of an imagination to figure that should so!some possibly not pay their TV license, they're probably not above armed trespass either :D

On topic though, letters go in the bin, door doesn't get answered. I kinda want to go and buy a TV now though, because my new flat is on the top floor, which they can't get to, and there is no doorbell either :D

19. kt83

kt83 Post Whore

Yeah, I see what you are saying but subscibing to Sky isn't a legal requirement is it.

Sky likes this.
  20. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I really couldn't give a toss what you or any other person chooses to watch on their television but the simple fact is that if any household watches live television broadcast they are required by law to have a TV licence,fact, it's as simple as that. If they choose to flout the law and watch live TV without a licence then that's their choice and i really don't give damn and care even less if they get caught.
    As for the principle of having a TV licence and whether its fair or not is an entirely separate issue but if anyone feels strongly about it and that it's wrong then they'd probably be better employed starting a petition to get it abolished rather than whinging on here about it.
    As for the tactics employed by Capita i have no experience of that as i've never had the dubious pleasure of a visit from them and never will.
    Just for the record in case you're under any misunderstanding as did happen before I'm not suggesting that you watch live TV without a licence.
    In my previous post I just offered an opinion and not one i hold myself but what some,though mistakenly, might think.