1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

tv licence funding perverts

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by scottroutledge, Jul 7, 2014.

1. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

Am I the only person who thinks that we should all boycott the TV licence? We are the only country in the world that has to pay this ridiculous tax to watch the BBC buy yet we can go to anywhere else we can watch BBC channels. Also if you look back and have paid this for years don't you feel as though we have been paying for the likes of jimmy Saville and rolf harris to go around ruining young girls lives. I personally don't think that we should have to pay for such vile people to have a living!!

2. Barni

Barni Donator

I just think that most of TV is utter crap these days. Its probably just me getting old and cynical ! I only ever seem to watch repeats of Only Fools and Horses or Last of the Summer Wine you know the old comedys that still make me laugh to this day :)

I did watch Dr Who for a bit so i guess that was fairly new so im up to date :)

3. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Stop moaning.

If you do not wish to pay it don't. Get rid of your tv and watch everything on you iPad or laptop, many people do. Then I suppose you don't like BT because they hold you to ransome over your internet line.

Life sucks some times and it to late now many of these people are dead, hardly blame the bbc for that.

Andrew

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  4. scottroutledge

You're still supposed to pay a TV licence if you watch any TV programme on a laptop or ipad do I was told when they knocked at my door!!

5. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

I do believe that not so long ago there was a report on sky I was watch about the amount of people watching BBC I player over the net and not having a tv licence or tv. Turns out its a loop hole and they are loosing millions because of it.

Andrew

6. scottroutledge

Good I'm pleased they're loosing millions it's less money for them to pay dirty perverts wages with!
    Scott

7. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

i agree and one must not forget the obscene amounts they pay to the so called stars like jeremy clarkson 11 million for 3 years work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then are we in a minority scott?

8. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

The loop hole is you don't have to pay as long as you don't watch any live/current programs, which means if you watch them an hour later on IPlayer or the likes then they can't make you pay.

9. scottroutledge

We must be. I still think everyone in the country should boycott the payment of tv licences and as for Clarkson no doubt he will be getting dragged up into court just like the others that we would never have suspected would or could be capable of such vile and sick shenanigans!!

10. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

Not true have a look here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

You do not need a TV licence if you only watch content after it's been shown on television. This includes TV programmes downloaded or streamed after broadcast using a catch-up service.

12. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

13. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Thing is, if you don't watch live TV and therefore don't subsequently need a licence they will still knock on your door hounding you, have a look at the videos posted on YouTube about the licencing teams videoed harassing people!

14. scottroutledge

Can I just say I dont mind paying my tv licence I just dont agree with the fact that the money we pay to watch our tv has been paying the wages of dirty perverted nonces!!

15. Jfrwhite

Jfrwhite Posting Addict

I don't think the BBC or any other organisation has purposefully set out to employ any 'dirty perverted nonces'. The problem is now that our tax is being spent on feeding and housing them in prisons (once they are sent down of course).

16. sqwiffy

sqwiffy Engaging Member

I recon about £50 PA would be a fair sum for the spoon fed, fluffy rubbish the BBC produces.

17. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

I don't mind paying a fee, its the extortionate amounts they pay to some of the celebrities that are so bad they should be thankful they even have a job.

18. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

North Bristol, South Gloucestershire (Thornbury)
    Only pay for a black and white license. When the man eventually comes to check (if he ever does) tell him to wait outside and then go and turn the colour/contrast etc.. Right down on your tele. Only costs £45 a year that way.

19. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

Although if you choose not to pay, and he turns up you can tell him that you are denying him rights of access to your property meaning he cannot stand anywhere on your property without trespassing. If he comes back with a policeman (and no warrant) you can formally request he be arrested for trespassing and harrassment. Lots of YouTube videos of this.

20. Robhalex

Robhalex Engaging Member

Although personally I would rather the license fee be included somewhere in the £80 virgin takes each month for the cable I get. Virgin supplies me with the channels so they should pay the fee.

If you take the law at it's meaning, anyone who owns a laptop, PC, smartphone, tv etc... Must pay regardless if they use it for watching tv on. It only has to be "capable of receiving live tv" which I think is the biggest con