1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

tune up

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by scrapman, Feb 9, 2012.

1. scrapman

scrapman Active Member

dos any one know where i could get a tune up kit for a SMK B2, thanks

2. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

No why would anyone do it?

3. PAUL1986

PAUL1986 Big Poster

I think a new rifle would be cheaper.

4. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned BANNED

A tune up kit for a B2....?

[​IMG]

5. keeprightontilltheendoftheroad

keeprightontilltheendoftheroad Big Poster

Angle grinder!

Sent from somewhere on this planet on some electronic device.

6. knighthawk

knighthawk Posting Addict

hahahaha love it...

7. CJB

CJB Engaging Member

You could de-burr and re-lube, and Woodfield GCP do a nylon piston replacement. It's never going to be anything but a cheap plinker though.....

8. scrapman

scrapman Active Member

thanks for helping, whitch is more than the other coments did, i dont mind if you want to tack the p**s, i bet you have not got a gun that you have payd less than £700 for and you still carnt shoot straght

9. mattyts

mattyts Donator

welsh willy do piston seals,other than than,strip,de burr and polish the piston,lube up everything
    Sand the stock down and re stain

10. Tmaxxjj

Tmaxxjj Busy Member

Welsh willy does a tuning kit for one not just a new seal :)
    I bought a B2 to learn how to strip and tune a rifle. Not bad plinkers after a tune to be honest.
    Polish the sear up and use a pen spring to make the trigger a bit crisper too :)

11. PNEFC Danny

PNEFC Danny Well-Known Member

Nice rational response.

12. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned BANNED

13. kentkami

kentkami Engaging Member

Hi,
    You tell em ;).You asked a question and you get those replies{and there aint any gun snobs on this forum my left b*****k}.
    Take care

14. Dunkman

Dunkman Posting Addict

Well said :up:

15. PAUL1986

PAUL1986 Big Poster

why bother spending money tuning a b2 rifle when you have a TX200HC and a falcon FN12?
    as has been said, it will never be anything more than a cheap back yard plinker that you have spent too much money on.

16. Tmaxxjj

Tmaxxjj Busy Member

£30-£40 is not too much to spend on a rifle to learn how to strip and tune them. If I'm not mistaken Paul, you're too afraid to do such a thing. Why not by a B2 and learn. In the end it could save you hundreds that you're not having to give to gunsmiths to do the same job.

17. scrapman

scrapman Active Member

THANK YOU, to the 3 of you that have helped, i knew that not every one on her was a pi$$ taker,

18. T 20

T 20 Busy Member

Spot on Tmaxxjj but there's no need to spend that much on a b2 to tune it. ;)

The b2 is a very good gun to practice tuning on as it has the same swept volume as an early HW77 so it has plenty of potential.

I've just tuned two in .22" (one for me and one for a mate) by machining up and fitting an O ring piston head.

[​IMG]

I also sleeved the transfer port down from 4mm to 2.5mm using a brass bush I'd machined up, this reduces the transfer port's lost volume and raises the gun's static compression ratio.

[​IMG]

The one I did for my mate ended up giving 580 fps with Superdomes using the original b2 spring.

I used a cut down Titan XS Meteor spring in mine and at present it's running at 595fps with Superdomes.

I was so impressed with the b2 action after tuning it I've fitted it into a nicer stock.

[​IMG]

I've just got to fit a scope rail to it now and then I can have a play with it. :)

I need to get it finished as I was got this out of a hedge the other day and can't wait to get stuck in. :D

[​IMG]

All the best Mick

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  19. PAUL1986

PAUL1986 Big Poster

since when is a b2 the same as a 97K? my rifle is new and still under warranty, so why risk damaging it when I can send it to be sorted for me?

20. scrapman

scrapman Active Member

it is my grandsons gun, hes prutty good with it, well he kiled a crow at 30 yards with a head shot, i mean some would pay £700- £1500 for a gun and still not be abale to hit a cow at that range, so i dont think they that bad for somone who has just started shooting, and if he lerns haw to strip it down and re-builed it so mutch better, and if he stuffs it up he has not lost mutch,,,,