1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Trigger Stick Shooting Rests

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by steevie dan, Mar 8, 2018.

1. steevie dan

steevie dan Keyboard Hero

Anyone using one of the above? How do you rate it in use?

2. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i use one with the dual rest... 10/10

3. Zubar

Zubar Engaging Member

I have just got the Primos Gen 3 tripod one. It is very good. Well made and should last a long time. Because of that it has some weight to it, think camera tripod not walking stick, but not a hinderance. It adjusts well as is expected, folding out the legs can be a bit awkward in grass as the grippy feet catch but one set up it’s very nifty and with some practice should prove an invaluable piece of kit. Shire it’s £100 but I don’t feel cheated.
    Hope this helps.

Jonny86 and steevie dan like this.
  4. neiled

neiled Donator

I've used the Primos Gen 2 trigger sticks tripod for about 3 years now and it's superb for stalking and seated ambush shooting.

I also bought the above duel rest to fit on it but sold it as I found it useless when stalking (a pain to carry the trigger sticks with it fitted) and I also found it unstable to use when seated.

steevie dan, gasman and Bilbobaggins like this.
  5. Bilbobaggins

Bilbobaggins Engaging Member

Same as above, Gen 2 however I have recently reverted to light fighting order (rifle and rangefinder ) as I was starting to cart far too much stuff around.

steevie dan likes this.
  6. gasman

gasman Has a Massive member

Use
    have to say the same thing to much messing around with the holder thing on as well, I mostly use my trigger sticks for sitting shots and I use quads for stalking and walking

steevie dan likes this.
  7. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I had the Primos Gen 2 and sold them to buy the Gen 3 when they came out.

Gen 2 I'd give 9/10 and the Gen 3 10/10. Extra point for the Gen 3 because the legs lock and won't slide out on a hard surface - it is also a little sturdier.

I had the 2 point rest with the Gen 2 and found it very good, but I used it only for seated shooting and can see how it would be a PITA to carry around a field.

Jonny86 and steevie dan like this.
  8. steevie dan

Thanks guys very helpful.

9. Farty

Farty Totty GURU

Simply brilliant especially with a PCP and night vision

10. Jonny86

Jonny86 Engaging Member

Steevie, I got one of the attached for a tenner. It extends to your required height and is extremely light weight. I used it last night to see if I could get used to lugging around a stick and found it to be a great bit of kit as there's nothing to it. Definitly increased my accuracy and gives your arms a rest. I was about to buy the primos gen 3 tripod but I thought I'd invest a tenner to see if any kind of stick would fit my shooting needs (as 99% of the time I'm on foot and covering a lot of ground/ on the move). To be honest I'm not sure if the primos would suit me. Hands down its a great bit of kit but even with my cheapo one it took me a while to work out a way in which I could carry it, scan and shoot etc.

If you search 'camo shooting stick' on Amazon you can find them.

Attached Files:

11. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

my old man bought me one of these last year... i couldnt get on with it, i found it moved around too much, for me it wasnt much better than shooting freehand, the primos on the other hand is great, its more stable than my bipod with the dual rest on top

Jonny86 likes this.
  12. Sky

Sky Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I found the same Carl - wobbled all over the place. I tried the bipod version too that was just as bad unless I was sat down.

They're both sat in my shed waiting for someone to say 'I'll have that'. ;)

13. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

hey trevor...ill have that lol, pop it in the raffle at the meet and ill put mine in as well

Sky likes this.
  14. steevie dan

Thanks Farty that is what I wanted to hear mate. Thanks for all your replies guys. The Idleback chair is excellent for the sitting down shooting bit, but just want something I can cart around the the rest of the site.

15. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

this is the video that made my mind up to buy a set.. i got the dual rest head on mine though

16. Jonny86

Jonny86 Engaging Member

Yeah true, you still get the wobble from side to side. Do you do a lot of walking about on your perms? How do you find it lugging the primos tripod about? Looking at the video you posted you can see how light they actually are

17. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i did before i lost it bud, but i use it at the range as well the primos is not that heavy just tie a bit of cord onto it and sling it over a shoulder :up:

18. Jonny86

Jonny86 Engaging Member

Now that's an idea.......gen 4 primos with an integrated sling

19. Jonny86

Jonny86 Engaging Member

Oh (swear word) you lost your perm! Thought you meant you lost the primos!

20. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

it was petes airgun farm before he introduce tests and fees to hunt there