1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

tricky one

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by sharp shooter, Jul 25, 2007.

1. sharp shooter

sharp shooter Member

hi has any body inported a gamo hunter extreme or a beeman goldfinger if so would like any info regarding shipping costs also any comments about either of these two rifles seriously thinking of getting one of them cheers

2. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Goldfinger my arse

Hi SS, the Beeman Goldfinger is the same gun as a Weirauch 95k,the original. The Yanks don't like to buy German.It's a bit like Vauxhall and Opel cars where the Germans didn't like to buy British cars.
    An American import Beeman would also exeed the UK power limit.
    I've got a 95k it's a good airgun.

3. sharp shooter

sharp shooter Member

quite right 95k is a good gun , had one for a year now just fancied the extra power,as i have a fac it wouldnt be a problem, cheers anyway.ss

4. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

FAC

Hi SS, Try a HW80 and tune it up yourself.They're great guns:)

5. sharp shooter

sharp shooter Member

might try that , what would suggest for tuning a hw 80 my dad has one its getting a bit tired now ,could do with a few more ft pound, any suggestions. cheers ss

6. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Basic tune

Hi SS,I gave my old 80 a revamp.I fitted a T R Robb spring guide,polished everything to a mirror finish and then really worked in Moly Z powder. Fitted PTFE bearings to rear of piston, new standard spring which I cut and polished by hand,that takes some time!(you won't need to cut)fitted plastic spring sleeve,new standard mainseal and breach seal then lubed the whole lot with Molycote 33. Now it's smooth as a baby's.
    Avoid after market PTFE mainseals as they're rarley real PTFE and they often don't fit the piston properly allowing it to contact the cylinder wall.
    Fit a Theoben Zephyr piston crown if you must have every inch of power.
    That's about it:).

7. sharp shooter

sharp shooter Member

:)sounds like a bit of graft,but im sure its worth it ,cheers, nice to talk to someone who knows apples for a change. ss

8. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

I forgot

I forgot to mention to replace the barrel shims and axis pin.
    Cheap as chips and worth doing as a matter of coarse every time you dissassemble it for spring replacment