1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Treating myself

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by fletcher1004, Aug 23, 2012.

1. fletcher1004

fletcher1004 Engaging Member

I will soon be returning home after a 6 month deployment in afghanistan, the up side of being out here is that ive managed to save up a few quid so i think i deserve to treat myself to a new gun.I know i want a PCPI know i want a .22So thats two of the major talking points out of the way before we begin.Right now there are 2 guns im intrested in, the Daystate Air Ranger and the Daystate huntsman clasic (might stretch to a Wingmaster) Any body have any preferance over the two? And have you ever tried to fill either with a stirrup pump? Ive already got a pump but would invest in a cylinder if pumping is going to be a nightmare! I appreciate id go for longer between refills on the Air Ranger which is why im drawn to it and its going to weigh a lot less than what ive been carrying every day out here......

2. andy46

andy46 Donator

iv got a ranger in .22,and all i can say is its the best rifle iv ever shot,i use a bottle to fill as a pump would take to much hard work to get it up to pressure,plus would it be even possible to fill a ranger with a pump,if i didnt have the ranger i would have the huntsman,both are very good rifles,plus using a pump on the huntsman would be alot easier,if you wasnt so far away i would let you have a shoot of mine,go and try both out if possible to see which one suits you best,i went for the ranger because of the high shot count.

3. Alexdermietzel

Alexdermietzel Keyboard Hero

Both are endlessly accurate, it's just a matter of preference, buddy bottle or cylinder?.

4. fletcher1004

Thanks great advice, im going tobevisiting family in Nottingham in a few weeks so i will pop into Drapers as they are a Daystate dealer so ican try each of hem for fit etc..... Anybody know if they have a range there?

5. splat

splat Donator

Yes..drapers have range in cellar. Dont try saturdays though. They wont take you downstairs if its busy day.. :frusty:

6. fletcher1004

Cheers splat thanks for the tip!

7. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

i have a ranger and think there a good rifle but so is the huntsman....think its what you prefer .wingmaster is nice but have you seen the buckmaster atb

8. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

I have an air ranger and chose it over the huntsman purely because it fit me better. You need shoulder both.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  9. steve_lincs

steve_lincs Busy Member

hi mate, if youre going to drapers just give them a ring and see whats the best time, i was there 3 afternoons before deciding on my set up, they couldnt of been more helpfull, the range in cellars only about 15 metres long tops and rebounds are regular lol, if i was you i would make sure i have 2 hours + spare and handle both guns to see whats best for you, i had my heart set on a huntsman but once i held it in various stances i found it had an annoying bit that dug in my palm and also because i had a shoulder operation i couldnt even cock it, so was a no go for me.... customer srvice there was brilliant even though some people have had a bad time there, for me cupboards was left open, cup of tea and left alone laying on floor, swinging rifle round ....although being a daystate and me wanting huntsman they brought forward hw100 kt fsb and told me the price difference between them and turned out the hw100 was cheaper, fitted me better and 3 afternoons of being there thats what i walked out with, which surprised me as like you said they are daystate dealers but wasnt pushy on selling me one, only letting my try everything that was there to suit my purpose, im not saying get a hw100, but maybe have a fun afternoon there drooling and getting confused handling all the rifles in your price range thats there, all the best in whichever you choose steve

10. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Iv got a 177 air ranger its silly accurate , its not reccomended to fill with a pump as bottled air is gaurenteed dry and clean , only problem with the ranger over the huntsman is its bldy heavy although it has a huge shot count so i just take mine to the gunshop to get filled every now and then

11. andy46

andy46 Donator

i dont find the ranger heavy at all,then i was use to throwing a AA TX 200 around for a while,not as heavy as hw 100 i tried.

12. fletcher1004

I have to say the advice i have recieved has been more than i expected thanks a lot guys! Im going to go to the shop and deliberatly leave my cash and bank card at home forcing me to sleep on it! I do far too much on impulse and when spending this ammount of money i want something im totally happy with! Like everyone says the "fit" has to be perfect! Im so excited about going there these next few weeks cant go fast enough! Im not concerned by the weight of the range master as i carry something FAR heavier on a daily basis but for me the look of the Huntsman is timeless!!

13. Brightey666

Brightey666 Engaging Member

Hi Fletcher,
    I took a 2 1/2hr round trip to get to Drapers after phoning nearly every (so called) stockist near me. They were fantastic, I went wanting an Airwolf tactical, but after shouldering the range the Mk4 felt better, they opened boxes to find a discontinued IS stock I showed them a photo of and swapped it to make the rifle I wanted in the calibre I wanted.
    Nothing was too much trouble even though they were very busy. The tea's nice and it's quite handy chucking a few pellets through downstairs too.
    I've since had to send the rifle back due to a small air leak. Drapers sent it to Daystate on a Tuesday and it was posted back to my house fixed the following Thursday. If you compare this with the 6 weeks it took AirArms and another RFD to detune my s410 then I can't recommend them enough mate. Also it makes a change to see a very attractive girl working behind the counter of an RFD ;).
    Hope you find what your looking for mate.
    cheers
    Ally

14. p45ton

p45ton Busy Member

Don't shoulder the mk4 or you'll want one..:)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  15. steve_lincs

steve_lincs Busy Member

what day did you go? all i got was 2 cavemen lol

16. fletcher1004

Ive not really considered the mk4 to be honest but i will have a look at it and try one out.... And if its a pretty girl behind the counter then thats a reason to keep going back.....

17. mojo73

mojo73 Member

When you pick the mk4is s up you will buy it its fantastic. i been lookin for some time now... Soon as i look at the mk4 omg its a gem of a gun ...Then i had the chance to have a play with the daystate panther now i need to save another £200 . Thats the gun for me the stock is FANTASTIC

18. Brightey666

Both days were on a Saturday, if I lived around the corner I'd be there every week.
    Fletcher, if you do go, go as soon as they open, they get really busy by lunchtime.

19. Brightey666

I'm a chippy and the Mk4Is is the sexiest piece of tree I've seen on any rifle ;)

20. Mad Marine

Mad Marine Banned

Air ranger is superb, accurate, big buddy bottle huge shot count.
    I went for the RWS 500+ wich is is basicly a air ranger only different name and cheaper, same gun made by daystate.

i see spelling is ok today lol