1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Travel To Europe

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by CJP26, Jun 13, 2018.

1. CJP26

CJP26 Newbie

Thinking about driving down to Spain for the winter. Could anyone tell me if it is legal to take my air rifle with me ? Also can I legally take the compressed air bottle through Eurotunnel?
    CJP26

2. Fusty Fieldcrafter

Fusty Fieldcrafter Engaging Member

That's a tough one. I wouldn't have a clue. Seems like you might have to do a bit research yourself. You might be best getting it posted out to yourself once you are there. I wouldn't want to drive though France, they're a bit funny about air rifles aren't they?

CJP26 likes this.
  3. louisvanhovell

louisvanhovell Engaging Member

This is info that I copied from an excellent Dutch airgun shop's website (www.airguns.nl). Please don't hold me responsible if it contains errors :D But I believe it is accurate info.

Energie/energy - grens/levels;
    France: 20J max. 12 fpe = 16j so you're ok
    Spain: 24J max. So you're ok
    Netherlands: no power limit (this is true :up::up::up:) but copies of firearms are forbidden
    Belgium: rifles no power limits, pistols 7,5J max.
    Bulgaria no power limits
    Cyprus(Turkish par) no power limits for .177. All other calibers forbidden for airguns
    Germany: 7,5J. max.
    Italy: 7,5J max.
    Sweden: 10J max.
    Portugal: 5,5J max.
    Czech Republic: 7,5J max.
    Poland: 17J max.
    Austria: no power limits, but you need to report to the police if the caliber is 6mm or larger
    Norway: you need to report to the police if the caliber is larger than .177
    Switzerland: 7,5J max.
    Denmark only .177

4. Nobbi1977

Nobbi1977 Engaging Member

5. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

I'd say its best to lift the phone and have a chat to euro tunnel.
    My guess is that after explanation / understanding you'll be fine as i can't believe that delivery companies dont use the tunnel to bring weihrauch and walther product to the UK from Germany.
    You may however want to also check the legislation for keeping and using air rifles in Spain to ensure you comply.

CJP26 likes this.
  6. general_piffle

general_piffle Well-Known Member

If you discover that it is legally OK to do this make sure you print out and keep any supporting documents you need with the rifle to prove it is acceptable. If you don't you 'might' fall foul of an official who isn't as well informed as you are and wants to play it safe.