1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Tramadol

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Lev Levvin, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Major Poster

doc prescribed me Tramadol pain killers Friday...

This cellulitis in left leg is dragging on and absolute blinding agony

It’s like a raw blister size of a saucer on my left shin... not healing and stinks like a dead badger when dressings are changed every 3 days...

It’s NOT an ulcer thankfully
    Yet :(

It’s got an infection going on again so back on antibiotics again

Because of the screaming pain waking me up like clockwork every morning at 04.30 the doc has put me on 2x tramadol capsules and 2x codine tablets...

Never used them before

I’m falling asleep sat in kitchen !!
    Is this normal?

They’re working well to ease the hurt but I’m SO tired!!:oops:

2. EastmidsHD

EastmidsHD Keep pullin' that trigger..

Had them prescribed when my back was fooked after a patient put it out , didn't last long on them as they monged me out and left me practically comatose :down:

foxtrott and Lev Levvin like this.
  3. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Sounds like the usual effect of Tramadol Lev ... when I broke a few ribs after I came off riding one of my nags I took it for three days, but stopped soon after as it turned me into a vegetable. The doc then prescribed me amitriptyline, but that monged me out even more and had no effect on the pain - talked again to my GP and he said it could take upto 6 weeks for it to have an effect, so changed to paracetamol and codeine which dulled things down to the odd 'Fek' every hour or so when the bones grated together.

4. bucketboy

bucketboy Big Poster

About 12 years ago I developed an allergy to pain killers, everything from aspirin, paracetamol, codeine even muscle rubs cause an allergic reaction. A couple of operations, a tooth extraction and numerous injuries have all been interesting to say the least.

Bb

Denzle, Jukebox and Lev Levvin like this.
  5. norman

norman Donator

Just be thankful you didn't have a tooth out Lev...:facepalm:

Hope you get some recourse from the pain matey..:up:

6. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

i took them once... 2 of them had me spaced out for over 16 hours

7. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

I have a couple every morning about an hour before i get up,used them for sciatica but kept them on for my back pain
    see for some reason they dont mong me out,totally the other way.they give me a canny buzz,bit like speed or so im told
    lol

8. Hopalong

Hopalong Busy Member

I've been on Tramadol for several years, apart from a very brief journey into MST morphine and Oramorph, now they made me seriously rough, l was on the point of a one way ticket to Switzerland. Back on the Tramadol and apart from some days when I'm really pained, I'm happy with them. I went through the "monged" stage when l first started, but within weeks, it stopped. Until something better shows up, I'm sticking with them.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Lev Levvin likes this.
  9. Grey Man

Grey Man Busy Member

I was prescribed tramadol for postoperative pain. Spaced me out too much. Binned.

10. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

My Gloria had Tramadol during her Breast Removal and treatment for Cancer, they proved to be too much for her, sorry to hear that your in pain :(

Ray

Lev Levvin likes this.
  11. KeithJ23

KeithJ23 Posting Addict

Knocked the bejesus out of me when I was on them years back. Codeine was worse though, makes me bloody ill! Lol

Lev Levvin likes this.
  12. td_boy

td_boy Donator

They don't affect me that way...
    Apart from the pain relief, the effects seem to be that things slow down a bit and my skin gets a little itchy.
    But I try not to use them as I believe they can get a little 'moreish..'

Lev Levvin likes this.
  13. 2506sendero

2506sendero Legend in his own mind & living on the edge.

My mate has to have a brace of Tramadol with his Cornflakes for his back or he would be in bed all day - someone told me that it was only one notch down the potency list from morphine, but don't know how true this is.
    Get well soon anyway :thumb:

Lev Levvin likes this.
  14. GeeTee

GeeTee Busy Member

I had an accident whilst on holiday on the Isle of Lewis in 2008,i fell of a cliff!!, i was airlifted to Glasgow Southern General Spinal unit & amongst many of the injuries i sustained,bay far the most serious was 2 crushed vertebrae in my lower back & due to the proximity of the break very close to the spinal cord they couldn't operate,subsequently i spent 6 weeks flat on my back whilst the bone healed itself, the subsequent pain i had was so severe they recommended Tramadol 100 mg which to took the edge of the pain,but made me sick & very light headed & i kept falling asleep,not good when driving!!

So after a few different pain killer trial's i have settled on 50mg Tramadol up to 8 per day {the max dosage} depending on the strength of the pain and i have been on them ever since & have done so for the last 10 years, i cannot get thru a single day without them. i know i am addicted to them,but severe back pain 365days/24hours a day is not my idea of fun.

A couple of years ago,i decided i would try & wean myself of them,went the usual route reducing them steadily over a couple of months,even went cold turkey!!, i lasted 1 day!! & was back on them straight away

Tramadol is my best friend:thumb:

Hopalong and Lev Levvin like this.
  15. 2506sendero

You seem to hear a more of this as well, AFAIK Amitriptyline is primarily used as an antidepressant, but seems to get prescribed a lot as a pain killer and sleeping aid, and it all makes you wonder if the quacks are just dishing these things out like bloody Smarties, a bit scary IMO.

Lev Levvin likes this.
  16. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Major Poster

Codeine make me puke, can't take'm...

I suffer from tension headaches when I get tired (which is most of the time at the moment) and they can last up to 3 or 4 days sometimes, the only thing that stops them is 2x ibuprofen + 2x paracetamol at the same time...

Worked a treat when I buggered me back to, got meself on the floor and then couldn't get back up again so the same remedy and 20 minutes or so and I was able to get back upright again, spent the next 4wks sleeping an hour at a time whilst sitting bolt upright on the sofa though...

Not good...

17. Patton

Patton Jack Reacher's big brother

I feel your angst. I was put on amitriptyline a few weeks ago, and that can be similarly nasty. First few days I was shaky and light headed, then Mrs P reckons I was getting up in the night and walking into things, then I had 2 days where my legs were so rubbery they barely took my weight. Suffice to say my shooting went to sheet during this time. Luckily I'm through all that now and just feel a bit tired, but I'm hoping that'll pass too.

TORNADOS7 likes this.
  18. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin Major Poster

I’m not feeling monged out on the tramadol....
    My brain is sharp as a pin...

But my GOD I’m SOOOO tired

Nodded off in my kitchen chair a few times this afternoon

At least the screaming burning agony in my left leg has reduced to just a constant itch

19. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Pro Poster

I hear some people crush them and inject.

TORNADOS7 likes this.
  20. 2506sendero

I have been on 2 X 30-500's (codeine + paracetamol) and 2 X ibuprofen for chronic shoulder arthritis (shooting, rugby, heavy draw compound bows :facepalm:) for bloody yonks.
    First shoulder replacement was done 3 years ago, 2nd one 10 days ago, and fortunately (for an old b@stard) my recovery this time has been pretty spectacular, so hopefully, in a few weeks i will be bowling for the local cricket team., and binning all the pain killers :thumb:

Lev Levvin likes this.