1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Good news Total 2018 hunting tally

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by The Robin, Jan 1, 2018.

1. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Here we are again with a new year so it all begins again, happy new year guys/girls, get your hunting trip pics and stories in here. There great to see and read, they just seem to get better and better :hunting:

Last years hunting tally thread was the most popular one to date so let's try beat it this time around :up:

2. the hillbilly

the hillbilly Well-Known Member

Well I'm planning on getting out for an hr or three on new years day, Will post if I do:):)

3. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I look forward to seeing what you get upto :up:

4. Racing Snake

Racing Snake Donator

Well, technically only one's a 2018 fox.

Had planned to get out last night, but rain scuppered that, so decided to spend the New Year in the great outdoors and went out tonight instead. Planned to visit a couple of farms and the quarry, hoping to maybe get my first fox for 2018. Got to the first farm around 9pm, geared up, through the yard, over a gate, scan with thermal and there's 2 foxes at the bottom of the field - as quick as that! Got the gun on the sticks and took an easy 100 yard shot on the first fox. Couldn't get a safe shot on the second as he'd bolted through the fence and was on the brow of the next field. He looked like he was in no hurry to get away so I kind of suspected it was the dog and I'd dropped the vixen. I also reckoned he'd be back. Re-positioned myself at a different angle and sat and waited him out. Sure enough after 30/40 minutes I see him coming along the hedge of the field on my left, he must have tried to get around me to wind me, but the wind wasn't in his favour. Let him come through the hedge about 120 yards to the left and then drop him. 2 in the bag but still before midnight!

[​IMG]

Didn't see another fox for 5 hours! Fireworks at midnight certainly didn't help, and despite a spell on the big hill running the caller, and a walk along the top edge, nothing seen. Had resigned myself to not getting off the mark as planned as I made my way back down the hill. Getting on for 2:00 so thought I'd call it a night. Got down to the track at the bottom and made my way to the car. About 100 yards before where I park there's a gap in the trees which allows views along the bank of the stream and first field back up the hill. A quick scan before heading to the car.....nothing.....just about to switch the thermal off when I spot a sheep bolt up from the bottom of the field by the stream. Could have just been a bit jumpy, but I could see it looking back so it was enough to convince me to just hang on a few minutes. Then another 2 sheep leg it, so I was now sure charlie was on his way up. Got the gun on the wall and switched the scope on, back on the thermal and sure enough he's walking along the bank of the stream. Get him in the scope, give him a shout to stop him, and take the shot. I saw him drop in the scope but he disappeared from sight almost immediately. Didn't think he was a runner so reckoned he's just rolled down a bit. I made my way down to where he was and fished him out of the stream. A bit bedraggled but a good size dog fox. 107 for 2017, and off the mark for 2018.

[​IMG]

5. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

Well in Racing Snake!!!!

6. Racing Snake

Racing Snake Donator

Cheers Pellet pinger, and a happy new year to you. :)

7. rabbitwrecker

rabbitwrecker The Tree Hunter

Good start, Snake... :up:

8. the hillbilly

the hillbilly Well-Known Member

yes a good start. Well at the moment it's not looking good for me to get out, it's pi..ing it down here!

9. Pete236

Pete236 Keyboard Hero

Heading out shortly to have a mooch around. Don't expect there to be much, but it's better than staying in.
    On the plus side, the farmer has let me have a little corner of one of the shed to keep some gear in! So time to clear out my store at my old place of work, movenit to the farm and have a fresh start for the year.
    Catch you all laters.

10. themadspread

themadspread Donator

I,ll be doing my bit to do a good few entries throughout the year:D

11. Pete236

Pete236 Keyboard Hero

Not a great start, 1 woodie and 1 rat. I've never known the place so dead and devoid of life.

12. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Still a result mate, well done.

I did notice the lack of woodies when i was out last week

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

13. Pete236

Pete236 Keyboard Hero

Cheers.
    I think back to my 1st visit there just over a year ago - a mixed bag of woodies, ferals, doves and a squizzer. I guess that means I'm doing my bit.

I need to get some hides set up near some sitty trees, the trouble is the farm is beautifully tidy with no overgrown hedges or rubbish piles or anything to build into.

14. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

Shook the hangover off and started this years Rat campaign tonight, it wasn’t rigid as I expected it to be, maybe the shutter door making an almighty bang as the wind battered against it unsettled them, you can hear it on the first rat in the vid. Called it a night after 8 mags so over 100 to get the tally chart up and running.
    [video=youtube_share;uMzII-oDPRw]https://youtu.be/uMzII-oDPRw[/video]

15. ukglyn

ukglyn Keyboard Hero

Just got back in from a few hours bunny bashing, only managed the 4 tonight, but at least i am up & running with the 2018 count.:up:

View attachment 172402

16. Samuelsong

Samuelsong Well-Known Member

did you take a bite out of one of those before taking the picture...? What did ya shoot it with!?

17. Samuelsong

Samuelsong Well-Known Member

Enjoying the calm after the storm

3 rabbits and 5 rats to add to the tally. Beautiful night after those huge winds all day, huge moon and a tranquil air.

Was surprised to see so many fleas etc on some of the rabbits, thought the cold would of taken care of that this time of year.

18. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

They've been paunched :up:

19. rizla1

rizla1 Donator

Bloody hell theres some big old rats in that rubbish. Well done

20. bigal

bigal Donator

Action still on in the new year,