1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Tonight's Findings...

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Gary Jones, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

Well took "that" tx200hc to the range tonight...

I put my 3-9x40 airmax on top and I had a selection of .22 pellets for it. FTTs, exact jumbo and diabolo fields. Out of the 3 it likes the diabolo fields, followed by the jumbos and lastly the FTT

To be honest I quite liked shooting it and it was accurate. I had fun hitting the spinners out to 45 yards and was amazed at the loopy trajectory of the .22

After an hour or so I got out my 97k which to me sets the benchmark of accuracy. After about 20 or 30 shots the 97 went back in the slip for a few reasons.....
    Reason 1. I like the ergonomics of the tx better
    Reason 2. The tiny .177 pellets were getting on my nerves a bit
    Reason 3. Compared to the airmax the mountmaster on the 97k was absolutely crap. Thick horrid ret. Murky glass. No fun whatsoever.

So back out came the tx200hc, after all the heart ache last week I actually enjoyed shooting it.

As some will know I had the tx apart and put on a new piston seal and also replaced both breech seals. But I chrono'd the rifle at the range and it was shooting low 10fpe. Will the power rise once the new piston seal bends in or do I need to look at adding preload or renewing the spring to get it up a touch?

I also took the opportunity to chrono the 97 which I fitted a vmach drop in kit into last year, this was also shooting low 10fpe which surprised me as it's got the 2 preload washers already installed. This has only had probably a tin of pellets through since installing the kit, so could this too be just a case of bedding the piston seal in?

20190614_175048.jpg 20190614_184653.jpg

Thanks in advance folks

Gary

2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

Nice one Gary, so the TX is hopefully a keeper

Gary Jones likes this.
  3. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

It was a lot better than I was expecting. I was half expecting the barrel to be bodged, bent, twisted and falling off. Had it condemned before I give it a chance. So yeah it's looking promising for it. :up:

4. ibo7

ibo7 Post Whore

I'm glad the rifle is shooting well for you, the tx200 is a lovely looking rifle and I'd love to try one. I just love my hw77 too much, it would feel like cheating:rofl:

Gary Jones likes this.
  5. Flying wombat

Flying wombat I sense a dark force on the forum

Get some lead through the pair of them Gary after having the 2 in bits and the upgrades you've done give em time then run em through the chrony again
    Glad to hear your liking the TX mate :thumb:

Gary Jones likes this.
  6. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

My personal experience of V mach was a snappy but quick cycle that initially produced power easily but dropped low very quickly, adding washers to bring it up made it coilbound. Your TX is a beautiful rifle, it really is in another league as you're finding out.
    Try lightweight pellets and enjoy it!

Gary Jones likes this.
  7. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

Just look at the pics! Trabant versus Bentley!

Gary Jones likes this.
  8. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

Cheers mate, yeah I've been after JSB rs been to the 4 local RFD and nowhere stocks them. Have to order some online. :up:

9. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

I can live with them at the power they're at. Just really surprised at the vmach power. Its shooting nice and accurate so I'll leave it alone for now and chrono it again in a tins time :up:

Flying wombat likes this.
  10. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

Haha a mistress wont do you any harm. I thought the anti bear trap would keep catching me out but it never, definitely try one mate. I didn't think I'd find a comfier gun than my 97 but the tx is slightly ahead for me. :eek:

ibo7 likes this.
  11. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

Haha I know what you mean but the silver line 97 has its charms too I think.

12. timmytree

timmytree Big Poster

I can't deny that but your post has proved the point. :D

Gary Jones likes this.
  13. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

The walnut tx is beautiful to look at though. First time I seen one I knew one day I'd have to get one.

Gary

14. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

Looks like Leigh Gary...:thumb:

Your likely to get a slight increase once everything beds in G.

10.5-8 is a sweet place to be. I reckon your going to find that TX a keeper...:D

Gary Jones likes this.
  15. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

I am genuinely glad to hear that you are now enjoying owning this gun. From what you said I thought you would when it eventually blew over.
    Thanks for the pm earlier. It was good to clear the air.

Gary Jones and Mr wolf like this.
  16. Gary Jones

Gary Jones Post Whore

It certainly was Leigh. It was dead in there tonight mate. Time flies in there. :up:

Jagdwaffen likes this.
  17. rellum

rellum Post Whore

Alls well that ends well Gary glad the TX is shooting well give it time bud

Gary Jones likes this.
  18. keithy

keithy Post Whore

Hi EVERY seal kit i have fitted has gone up in power after i have fitted it. The v mach kit in particular went up a lot. Just shoot it and crono after a couple of tins your likely to have a pleasant surprise. Dont try to size the seal your self you will never get perfectly round. It will seem ok at first but it will likely be egg shaped and lose pressure quickly. For a perfect fit the best method is time!! It may take more than two tins to reach peak power so monitor it every month if its near the limit.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019