1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Todays Tinkering - The Thing That Everybody Said Could Not Be Made...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Halinfax, Jan 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Halinfax

Halinfax Full time tinkerer and general all round nice guy

Gentlemen....

Please allow me to indulge your senses and take you to a world of deep inner imaginations that you could ONLY imagine... Technological breakthroughs on a level that can ONLY be conceived in the mind of THOSE PEOPLE who throw away the rule books, tear up the "old way of thinking" and allow their innermost thought processes to break free upon an un-suspecting world.....

From the "Machinations of a mad moderator makers" imagination, his engineering acumen and his Gift for the absolutely impractical and absurd......comes the Pièce de Résistance .....

Made from a discarded box of parts, that alone served no purpose... BUT when skilfully articulated and amalgamated together in a fusion of "off the wall" conceptual design and real life practicality... this piece of art stands alone in the higher echelon of human capabilities and ground breaking design.

Aesthetic and ground breaking in its appearance (I can see many a Gym Bunny wanting to own this as an extension to his physical prowess), multi functional (it can double up as a muzzle mass as well as a 2 finger workout aid) and it is made from 100% recycled parts...

Gentlemen..... I give you...... The Db Mod.....

Designed with practicality and multi functional use mind and called the Db Mod... its name could imply so many things.

Db - Double (expansion chamber)
    Db - Dumb bell
    Db - Double baffled
    Db - Diffused blast
    Db - Distinctly barmy

"Why the Db mod" I hear you cry, what the fudge is so special about that piece of rubbish....!!!!!

Once you see the radical form, its functions and technological marvellry of this item you will be in do doubt of its conception and thought provoking capabilities......

Is he mad???? ... or is he a Genius???? Within here.... lies the fine line !!!!!

Gentlemen, dear reader... please allow me to embellish... to enlighten.. and to enthral you.. in this UNIQUE Conceptual Item and piece of engineering WONDERMENT.........

We start here... with a box of discarded parts....
    20210113_170022.jpg

An then we give life to the delrin and aluminium.... carefully checking the concentricity of each part .. to run within ever exacting parameters.....
    20210113_174436.jpg 20210113_181346.jpg 20210113_183847.jpg 20210113_191049.jpg

We semi assemble some of the components and then add a little Carbon Fibre for the noise attenuation and "futuristic appearance".....
    20210113_195836.jpg 20210113_195857.jpg

We then continue with the machining of the delrin and aluminium...
    20210114_102728.jpg 20210114_103724.jpg 20210114_103851.jpg

We then take a step back and look at the concept... and NOW... the magic begins.....
    20210114_140211.jpg

Next, the beating heart of the unit..... the Db (double baffle) tube... Holes of a specicic bore are made in a hyper-bariatric parabola design to maximise EVERY zephyr of air dispersal from within the internal vortices.

CAVEAT- Unfortunately dear reader... I CANNOT embellish more on the actual INTERNALS of this part as they are SO REVOLUTIONARY ... BUT needless to say, within THIS tube, there are 2 Air Strippers, 3 baffle chambers and a combination of Db (Diffusement Baffles) and noise dampening materials , which I MUST keep strictly secret...

20210114_141054.jpg

The unit is now finish assembled and EVERY fixing tightened up to its respective torque figure...
    Once completed I decided to try it on my garden plinking rifle.... the QB78 HPA in .22 flavour, along with an overhead dichromatic illuminator (because it is dark)... The results of the shooting and he test card follows momentarily...
    20210115_174616.jpg 20210115_174624.jpg 20210115_174631.jpg 20210115_174649.jpg

So Gentlemen... here is the finished item....
    20210115_175059.jpg 20210115_175117.jpg 20210115_175126.jpg

And here is the test shot card taken at 11 yards, in the dark (with the rifle illuminator fitted), 10 shots using JSB Hades and the scope has NOT been set from the existing set up.. All I have had to do is allow 1/2 mil dot up to get the results below....(including the 2 flyers..)

20210115_174922.jpg

Gentlemen..... be amazed, be in awe and be in NO doubt... that THIS,,, could be the future of noise suppression in the future...

More work and technological design is being deployed as we speak.. BUT.. I need to get a bigger tub of scrap bits and some "other materials".....

This is NOT the end dear reader... it is merely... a new CONCEPTUAL beginning....

... and they say that I... am mad!!!!!

The closeted fools...

Thank you...

2. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

If you need a Guinee Pig then I have a 78 that that needs hushing
    IMG_20201109_144302.jpg

3. Pedro2504

Pedro2504 Engaging Member

The wordsmanship and the workmanship of a genius if I may say so Mr Halinfax,
    Another excellent read Sir ! ............................As usual :thumb:

Halinfax and joe average like this.
  4. TalinMoracius

TalinMoracius Arch nemesis of Colonel Heinz

Amazing!

Halinfax likes this.
  5. Blue BSA

Blue BSA Very Active

That stock! Tellz me about that stock, pleeze.

Halinfax and willo1962 like this.
  6. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Great job, one thing i wish i could do is metal work.
    Atb
    Mart

Halinfax likes this.
  7. Kj1

Kj1 Posting Addict

:cool::thumb:

Halinfax likes this.
  8. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

custom made by porkyyorky off the UKCAGF. its a PR1 stock modified
    2.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG 4.JPG 8.JPG PCR1 stocks.jpg

9. Chouchin66

Chouchin66 Top Poster

Very forward thinking...Nice work sir!

Halinfax likes this.
  10. marflow

marflow Posting Addict

it is an interesting idea but why not just put it all in one tube
    1 can would be easier then 2
    and how did that rifle shoot at 33 ft without it and at what power was the scope set at
    well nice looking

Pete2 and Halinfax like this.
  11. td_boy

td_boy Donator

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...:D

lee71, John Harrigan, jesim1 and 3 others like this.
  12. IanDB

IanDB Donator

Noice!! :cool::cool:

Halinfax likes this.
  13. Aston_Shooter

Aston_Shooter Posting Addict

Nice one, Hal. Any bloke that makes his contraptions on a wooden lathe is a-ok in my book, mate :p:thumb:

ped, Halinfax and Bozz like this.
  14. stanimal

stanimal I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not so sure?!

Nice work Hal, you silver tongued devil :thumb:

Halinfax likes this.
  15. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Pffft , Pop , Twang , Bang

I got to the end and was like :

6784ED3B-98CF-4526-A74D-BF4E6341D8F1.gif

Good work Hal :D , keep it up !

lee71, Autodidact and Halinfax like this.
  16. Halinfax

Heyup @Blue BSA.. the stock is one I made from Wickes Laminate board.. I wanted summat a bit different so I made it..

Got it all shaped and sanded... then did some Shou Sugi Ban (basically burn the surface of the finished article) on it.... then sanded it down and applied a couple of coats of oil...

SIMPLES...

20191015_170435.jpg 20191015_194818.jpg 20191016_140110.jpg 20191021_140153.jpg 20191024_161018.jpg 20191024_162919.jpg 20191026_085313.jpg 20191026_085815.jpg 20191026_085859.jpg 20191026_085916.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  17. Halinfax

Heyup Mart... NO metal work there mate, except cutting the tube and making sure the faces are square.. Its ALL delrin and carbon internally.... (and 12 off M3 x 10mm grub screws to hold it all in place...):thumb::thumb::thumb:

mmamonster and mojomike like this.
  18. Halinfax

Heyup Willo, but you have a "standard" mod on there.. is it NOT quiet enough?????

willo1962 likes this.
  19. mmamonster

mmamonster Pro Poster

Hi mate,
    I meant the machining aspect, looks real good.
    Atb
    Mart

Halinfax likes this.
  20. Blackmax

Blackmax Rebel!

An engineering masterpiece Hal!

ped, gedfinn and Halinfax like this.