1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Titan XS Spring

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ukstevengill, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ukstevengill

ukstevengill Member

I've good reports about the Titan XS Spring (although it looks very much like the dreaded OX to me!)

I have an old TX200SR which is firing well below par (I’ve not chrono'ed, I can just tell by performance). Would anyone recommend sticking a Titan spring in it? I’ve been looking at the V-Mach kit, but due to the age and condition of the gun, I would be reluctant to spend too much on it!

I've just got a HW100T, but my friend who is on a budget wants to use the TX when we go hunting, which I would be happy to do if I could guarantee a clean kill.

Could anyone recommend a cheap but reliable tuning kit for this rifle?

Cheers

Steve

2. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Cheap tuning kit

Hi Steve, Buy a standard spring,1 tin of Brasso,a couple of sheets of 2400 wet+dry and the best quality lube you can find.
    Elbow grease comes free.:D
    Cheers

3. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Steve, I've already posted my experience with a Titan XS spring in my rifle. It's only a crappy Edgar Brothers model 60, but it was also down on power and I wanted to see if I could spice it up a bit. I took the old spring out and fitted a Titan XS number 8. It was exactly the same o/d and length, just slightly thicker wire diameter, but it chronographed at just under 18 ft/lbs after fitting and if left the gun would have destroyed its self in a matter of a few shots. The recoil and noise was horrendous. I've had to shorten the spring by 3/4" to get it back legal, but it shoots very nice now. Low recoil, but with plenty of punch and much less noise.

4. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Cheap tuning

Hi, As long as the gun isn't worn out, fitting a quality custom spring guide can transform a rifle.
    (I havn't had a great deal of experience with later TX's so couldn't recomend one)