1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Titan XS Spring

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by ukstevengill, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ukstevengill

ukstevengill Member

I've good reports about the Titan XS Spring (although it looks very much like the dreaded OX to me!)

I have an old TX200SR which is firing well below par (I’ve not chrono'ed, I can just tell by performance). Would anyone recommend sticking a Titan spring in it? I’ve been looking at the V-Mach kit, but due to the age and condition of the gun, I would be reluctant to spend too much on it!

I've just got a HW100T, but my friend who is on a budget wants to use the TX when we go hunting, which I would be happy to do if I could guarantee a clean kill.

Could anyone recommend a cheap but reliable tuning kit for this rifle?

Cheers

Steve

2. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

They look nothing like an OX spring.

3. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

Titan springs

Titans are very good. Don't put the XS one in though. Well over the 12ft. lb. limit!

4. springboy

springboy Engaging Member

:eek:Are you mad! Don't worry about spending too much money on your SR they are exellent guns and deserve nothing but the best.You should go for the V-Mach kit or sandwell tune,what ever you do DON'T put a titan or anything that has a square section spring in you SR,it will be like putting a diesel engine in a porche.Even if you spend £70-90 getting it running right it will be money well spent.If you do decide to sell it there isn't a fixed asking price for one of these they go on condition,and with a decent tune you could ask top money for it.They will become collecters items in the futre.

Safe shooting

5. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Titan XS isn't square section, it's round and teflon coated.
    I put a Titan XS number 8 in my Edgar Brothers model 60 and it chronoed at 18 ft/lb with H&N FTT pellets. It was exactly the same o/d and length as the standard spring, just 0.002" bigger wire diameter under the teflon coating (.010" over the teflon).
    I've reduced the length by 3/4" and got it down to a consistant 11.6 ft/lbs, it's got less recoil than it had as standard and quieter too. If I lube the pellets it goes right up to the limit.

6. springboy

springboy Engaging Member

I stand corrected!

7. Buzz

Buzz Banned

No need to apologise, it's an easy mistake to make !!!