1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Time wasters!

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by engraver, Aug 27, 2014.

1. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Got a shotgun for sale at the moment its not cheap but worth every penny of what im asking.

Had a bloke ring last night the first ten minutes of the call he spent telling me what I had owned was crap and then he went on to tell me his gamba he already owns has shot 150, 000 cartridges trouble free.

I thought he must be rich to have spent about £150k on shells I thought ummm right o old boy rubbed my chin a few times.

He then went on to tell me miroku designed browing, I tried to tell him he had got it the wtong way round but got nowhere.

Then I got cut off so I phoned him back and said it must be a bad line, anyway I was on the phone 56mins by this time past ten pm.

He then offered a px on a gun he owned he had just told me was given to him by a farmer, he wanted to px it against my cased £4500 browning mint, and he priced his gun about £2000 worth when he told me it had been siezed in a barn for 20yrs.

At the end of the call he said he would think about it!

Jeez I should have hung up on him straight away when he was trying to tell me how crap ceasar guerinis were because I said I had owned one of the first in the uk.

I informed him I know what makes a good shotgun and it was probably the best finished shotgun I had owned for the money, he then told me they were available 20yrs ago despite me knowing full well the factory is very recent about 7yrs old when I got mine.

Regardless of what facts you have on good grounds why do people decide to phone about guns they have no intention of buying and try to educate you with babble.

At the end of the day when they are bored they must go down the classified ads just phoning random adds to p*ss people off because in fact they are simply p*ssed off they cant afford them, and if they could they wouldn't know what they were buying anyway!

2. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Got to love old people!

They used to be a rare breed, but not any more. Far to many with far to much time.

Andrew

3. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Tiger King

I hope it won't annoy you Elliot but he will probably be telling everyone he meets for the next fortnight about the idiot he had on the phone and how he had to put you right on so much you knew wrong!

You should have told him on the phone that he had driven you to suicide, then fired your gun in the air, dropped the phone on the floor and quietly listened to the receiver. My money says he would just have carried on talking.

4. lone wolf

lone wolf Major Poster

Im sorry mate i never ment it to come across like that was just lonely and had no one to talk to

What a lizard!

Gaz

5. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

He was trying to tell me about the gun I was selling! I tried to tell him there was a waiting list he said there isnt, I said "was a waiting list"as browning initially planned to do 100 pieces per year I have it here in black un white, he said rubbish! So I explianed its because browning stock these particular guns and keep them in storage for a year to let the wood settle, they are then the few manufacturers that gurantee their wood along with the machanicals, he then told me that wasnt ....on this model it is...no it isnt.....oh well phone browning then...agggggrrr!

I nearly said do you want to come hear and swap places with me? Then you can sell it to me.

From what he was talking like I don't think he had ever owned a shotgun he had paid more than a few hundred quid for, so why start phoning about 4.5k guns I have no idea.

I think every shotgun ive ever owned has been new and over or at least around the 2 grand mark, after handling some of the best over and under shotgun in the world costing 100k upwards i have high standards and I think im pretty qualified to say whats good and whats not, but it still dont stop some cabbages trying to tell you something they have never owned is crap...with no education on the matter whatsoever.

At the end of the day.........it gets dark........then they pick up the phones..

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  6. Trampilot

Trampilot Big Poster

Why did you phone him back?! :)

7. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

As above ... you must have the patience of a saint

8. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

I totally get it.

I've sold a couple of guns lately and some of the calls I got were just a waste of time, but you don't want to offend a potential buyer:eek:

I come off the phone sometimes wondering - "just why did he call?" - An African gent from Kent was asking me all sorts of crap, telling me he was definitely having it, and then asked me how much the train fair was to Wigan? - How the hell should I know, I've never got a train from Kent to Wigan, it's not like it's the normal thing I do!

The world is full of wannabes and tyre kickers, but you don't know who has the readies and who is just wasting your time.

On the shotgun subject, I respect your view after having read several of you posts over the past year or so. I've had a couple of cheapish ones, nice for what I could afford, but I'm not even close to having a clue what I'm talking about after basic bar chat! ;)

James

9. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

I've had the same thing when my house was up for sale, people coming to have a look at what they could never afford but just being nosey ....totally wasting my time!

10. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 bell target champion

things could have been worse...he could of started heavy breathing :D

11. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Go for the double bluff - when they bore you - you start the heavy breathing on them! :p

James

12. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Busy Member

Market Bosworth, Warwickshire\Leicestershire
    I feel your pain! working in a shop approx 25% of the people i deal with are either just looking or have no idea ( or the wrong idea! ) what they are talking about.

13. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I honestly have no idea why I phoned him back, he was telling a story and I got cut off so I didn't want him to think I had hung up on him, as I really didn't know how the call was going to end up I thought maybe he may be a serious buyer, you never know.

But I got my calculations wrong with the price of shells, if his gun had really shot 150k shells that equates to around him spending £27 grand on cartridges lol

Unless his surname was Digweed I think not! :D

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  14. landymick

landymick Very Active

I guess you still have it then.:rolleyes:

15. Greg1983

Greg1983 Busy Member

Maybe it was a part of the bored old codgers plan? Hes decided to ring some one at random from a gun ad to babble on and pass some time spouting his crap but not only is he after wasting your time! He's then decided to hang up in the middle of a story so you feel guilty and ring him back so that he can not only waste your time! But also waste your credit... Damn that old codgers a a pro troll!

16. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Probably mate.

He definitely got the last laugh, I was only thinking about it today and remembered he even admitted to this gun he had having a pit in one of the bores lol,

So he paid nothing for it, its got rust in the bore, he said a dealer offered him £800 for it and he wants to part ex it for my £4500 boxed gun that is mint and fired very little.

:rolleyes: Doh!