1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Time Waster

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Dan J B, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan J B

Dan J B Member

Hi All,

Just a word of warning about a time waster on here (Edge) and Airgun *** (Camcoll) called Keith. I have now had three emails from this guy in response to my wanted posts (for a Sheridan C9A) offering a Silver Streak (this was back in 2012 - see below), a boxed Sheridan and this week a mint C9A. I offered the asking price for the Silver Steak only for him to ignore me, I asked about the second for him to tell me he had changed his mind and the most recent exchange he is trying to back out saying he has lost the rear sight of the C9A. I only realised he was the same person whilst going through my old emails. Please be aware that this guy is just a time waster! Cheers.

Dan

I am taking it by your lack of replying to my emails of yesterday that you no longer wish to sell your rifle to me. That is fine but would be nice if you could let me know that it is the case. Cheers.

Dan
    Your take on it is probably correct!.

For £280 shipped and insure you have a deal. If you can send me your bank details (Name, Number and Sort Code) I can wire the money this morning. Cheers.

Dan

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Edge

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Dan J B

Hi Keith - Had a long think today and done some more research - does your rifle look like the rifles in this link?:-

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574...treak+For+Sale

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...temnum=7751291

If so I would like to make you an offer. Would you take £260 shipped? If that is acceptable I can wire the money directly into you account. Please let my know. Cheers.

Dan

Sorry If I dont get the £280 ( less my post cost) I will definitely keep it ----It can ONLY increase in value regards Keith

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

I cannot coment on your situation, could be a bit delicate, as for time wasters they are unfortunatly a sign of the times these days, I've had my share of them on gumtree.

3. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Probably better to just chalk it down to experience and avoid the member rather than muddying the forum.

These kind of scenarios often end in embarrassing slanging matches.:facepalm:

4. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

I don't know if your right or wrong, but to be going back to 2012 because the guy changed his mind/had second thoughts - a bit harsh to openly publish this on the web as him being a timewaster?

I've bought/sold/replied to and advertised, and there are often thing which put me off/just don't like or even simply change my mind - do I think I'm wasting peoples time? Well, you could always ask the people I have sold to or bought from? none of us have ever had a bad deal, but I have had people walk away, and I've done it myself.

I hope you get sorted, I'm sure this post is out of frustration, it's not like he has ripped you off in some way?

James

5. Geordie

Geordie Donator

If I had a quid for every PM / email that Ive replied to at length, only to get no response back what so ever I'd be on me jollies. I fully understand how bloody irritating and down right bad mannered it is, but I'd just recommend you walk away and ignore the **** in future.

6. norman

norman Donator

Hi Dan,

This guy has been "at it" for years ..he's well known in the collectors scene..Keith P./Camcoll/Hodson on the other Airgunforum(net)...where Ray seems to accommodate him despite being advised what he was like..:facepalm:... I know half a dozen collector friends who all advise...avoid at all costs....sooo many people can't be wrong as you will find on other threads you have posted regarding the same...put it down to (a bad) experience & move on..ATB,Chris.

PS this guy is nothing to do with Cam on here....he's a thoroughly nice fella...:thumb:

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. andy46

andy46 Donator

there will always be a few no matter what forum your on,i would just avoid said member in future,and put it down to experience(bad),threads like this get locked when members start to bad mouth each other,it doesn't look good on the open forum,i would just pm one of the mods or admin if it was me,each to there own though.

8. Coesglec

Coesglec Donator

On the subject of time wasters try working in retail especially when the customers are mainly old people. I'm fighting the urge to visit some of them at home when countdown is on just to p**s them off for a laugh :D

9. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    One day you will be old and watching a countdown

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Big Poster

I am old, but if I start watching that program, it's time for me to be put down.

11. Coesglec

Coesglec Donator

I will probably break my neck going down hill on my MTB way before then.

12. norman

norman Donator

Seems they have caught up with him on your other thread....:claping:

13. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Don't worry about it mate there's loads of time wasters about just let him jog on and avoid him. You might have something he wants one day and you can do the same to him atb

14. Dan J B

Dan J B Member

Thanks Norman - I only posted on here to warn people that this guy gets in touch with you offering you what you were after, only to be a total time waster. I only bought up the 2012 example as that is what I had saved in my emails on this Forum. The other two incidence were in the last month and the most recent this week. Looks like I am not alone in my experience though. Cheers.

Dan

15. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Seems like you now have the answers to issues away from this forum, thread now :closed_2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.