1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Tight Pellets

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by joemitch, Aug 12, 2018 at 9:24 PM.

1. joemitch

joemitch Newbie

I bought an SMK Victory CP2 .22 for my lad to plink with and I've tried H&N FTT's, Accupells, Superdomes and JSB Exacts Jumbo RS and they are all really tight when going in to the breach, are there any pellets out there with smaller skirts that will fit better?

2. plinkerton

plinkerton Engaging Member

Seek and you will find decent pellets have a label with size tolerance printed on them.

Failing that a gun problem

3. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Major Poster

Welcome mate.

I’d try some simple Hobby pellets

4. dancza

dancza Donator

To be fair I thought that FTT's had pretty narrow skirts.. can you feel any stiffness/resistance from the bolt when dry firing the CP2?

5. shauny

shauny Pro Poster

wouldnt worry too much,as the pellets will be "sized" as you push the bolt forward.
    although they may feel tight as you push the bolt in,they will all be nicely seated
    before you fire. you could just get a bigger knob :eek: for the handle to make it a bit
    easier to load.

6. bucketboy

bucketboy Post Whore

Try marksman pellets in the yellow box, so soft you could push a .22 into a .177 barrel no problem :D

Bb

foxtrott and shauny like this.
  7. joemitch

joemitch Newbie

That's exactly what its like, on some you push the the probe and its like you've hit a wall before it pushes the pellet in

8. Scubashot

Scubashot Engaging Member

Try some Weihrauch F&T Sport which are a 5.51mm version of the "normal" 5.53 mm H&N FTT and are noticeably easier to push into the breech of my HW77.
    They also offer a 5.51 mm version of the JSB Exact Jumbo under the Weihrauch FT-Exact Jumbo name, which also work well in my rifles.

9. Baldalot

Baldalot Busy Member

I'm no expert, but Air Arms pellets seem to have a soft skirt, so should move into the breech easily.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :wave:

10. john harris

john harris Engaging Member

some owners drilled out the breach (first 1/4" or so). Seemed a bit drastic to me, so I round filed the first bit gently. Fine/no problem now

11. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Donator

Try sizing some pellets with a sizer...

12. dancza

dancza Donator

It might be worth trying some of the pellets that the guys have mentioned but if you're still not having any luck with it and it's in warranty then don't be afraid to send it back to your RFD for repairs/replacement. :up: