1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Thunderbolt pellets!!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jay5488, Mar 31, 2014.

1. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

It's just morbid curiosity but does anyone have any in a .177??
    Just been having a trawl through past threads and I'm just curious for trying some,

Cheers

Jamie

2. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

Hi
    I did try them not great groupings in my gun
    you do need to clean the barrel first
    I think results have been mixed but may work for you give it a go

cheers
    si

3. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I have some Defiants in .177 if you fancy giving those a go Jay,in my Hatsan they were on par with JSBs & Superdomes.

4. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Not had much to do with those Matty, I just wondered about thUnderBOLT claims of over 1000fps also wondered about how much power they carry down the field!!!
    I'll try anything, just fancied having a look at some if the more comedic pellets around..... I think it's just boredom sat at home.... Lol.....

5. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Ooooo yeah, just done a google of those, they look like fun!!!!!

6. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I think it's because they are so light,that's what some manufacturers use to pump out the ridiculous numbers for power

7. Stokie99

Stokie99 Busy Member

hi guys sorry to burst everyone's bubble but thunderbolts are absolute Censored, over expensive gimmick crap I have tried them is 6 different guns and they are the most inaccurate pellet I have ever used and binned them with disgust and a hole in my bank account .:eek::down::down::down:

8. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

I heard they were crisp but just wanted a laugh having a try myself.... ;-)

9. Stokie99

Stokie99 Busy Member

£12-£13 a go I found them hilarious :eek:

10. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Didn't realise they were that expensive!!!!!!!
    I'll see if I can find something cheaper to have a mess with , I'm sure I saw some zombie pellets somewhere......

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

The Gamo ones, the glow in the dark tip is on the front so they're useless :rolleyes:

Match heads in hollow points are fun,did it with a B2 a while ago shooting at a large brick wall at night :D

12. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

I've a bunch of "comedic" .177 that I bought from Pellet Perfect for a laugh, cost me a fortune but I was fresh back from the pub. Seemed a good idea at the time... :D

You're welcome to the lot of 'em if you PM me your addy, as I could see the squirreling from most of 'em through my scope. I'm keeping the wee plastic doodahs, as the co2 pistols seem to love them. I'll stick with my Exacts, thank you very much. There's a few non-lead and hyper-velocity numbers in there too if you're interested.

Mick.

13. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

I won a tub at the autum meet still haven tried them they are in my car will look them out and see what flavor thay are.

14. Stokie99

Stokie99 Busy Member

ye really pricey and I think that was for 400:eek:

15. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

To replicate the effects of shooting ThUnderbolts without buying any, do the following:

1. Turn out lights.
    2. Stab wildly with screwdriver at target.
    3. Turn lights back on.
    4. Set fire to a twenty pound note.
    5. Go back to your normal pellets and forget it ever happened.

16. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

Sound advice. Take me up on my offer and reap the benefits with the lights on! (Without burning £20)...

Screwdriver optional (may improve accuracy).

17. macker71165

macker71165 Donator

18. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

19. Dag

Dag Pro Poster

20. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

It's all about having fun in this sport, I can't wait to fire some truly horrendous pellets and have folk at the club taking the pi$$...... As I say just curious, I mean, how bad can they be???? I'll gather up some and do my very own Nigel Allen review!!!!!!