1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

This wait is killing me!

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by mbison, Apr 22, 2014.

1. mbison

mbison Busy Member

Come on Firearms License Department, I want to knowwww!

Its been around 4 weeks now, only 4 more to go, ey? :(

2. neiled

neiled Donator

Mine took 8 weeks in total but my FEO went on holiday for a week after telling me I'd got it so I had to wait another week for him to get back and deliver it to me........worth it in the end though :up:

3. larro1

larro1 Engaging Member

Well I handed my FAC and Shotgun application in myself (as I pass the Firearms department on the way to work) at the end of October and still not received my licence. I have spent £150 on membership to the shooting club and only shot four times as I am always having to zero the clubs rifles. I am at the point of giving up on the FAC side to be honest. It's bonkers how it can take so long.

4. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

Have you not even had a visit yet?

If you give them a ring they are able to say yes there is a delay we are currently doing applications from xxxxx month and renewals from xxxxxx month. Or if you have had a visit, it's in printing, waiting to be signed etc. Then you know where you are.

Give them a ring, they can mess up paperwork just like any government department.
    Good luck with the application.
    Andy

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. neiled

neiled Donator

I've just had mine done through North Wales and found them spot on so you surprise me. Before I put in for my licence I spoke to the firearms dept at BASC (they're only 2 miles from me) and he told me North Wales was one of the best regions for dealing with FAC so have you called them to check up on what's happening and if there are any problems?

Give them a call tomorrow on 01745 539394 (10:00 - 14:00 Monday to Friday) and I'm sure you'll find them very helpful.

Neil

6. mbison

mbison Busy Member

I rang last week, they said it's just going through the motions. She reckons it's anywhere up to 3 month! I had my house visit within 2 weeks of submitting my application.

7. neiled

neiled Donator

Well I am surprised. Was the FEO Los that came for the house visit if so give him a call direct if he left his card with his mobile on as he's a really nice guy.

8. mbison

mbison Busy Member

No, the feo didn't leave a card with a mobile number. Maybe it's cos my shar pei left a drool mark on his shoulder?

9. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

your not the only one, the wait is killing me its been nearly 4 weeks.
    i was told it will take about a month so any time now hopefully.

i know what gun im going to buy i have the cash just need the certificate!!! arhhhhhhhhhh haha

10. EULA1965

EULA1965 Engaging Member

mines now 5 months and counting, its a great way of discouraging people, i have been very close to telling them not to bother. good old hampshire police, used to take a week years ago.

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Aye, this is why I haven't applied for fac, too much time and stuff. I'd imagine with redundancies becoming more often. Less people are there to deal with it.

12. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

yes it here!
    took around 6 weeks in total from sending the application off to receiving the certificate.
    happy happy happy

13. neiled

neiled Donator

Congrats mate, now what you going to buy then :D

14. larro1

larro1 Engaging Member

6 WEEKS it's been 6 months so far and still nothing. FEO has let me down long story not happy with him at all. Anyway glad you are sorted.

15. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

Going for a anschutz 1517 and maybe a Browning T-Bolt .22LR.

Be straight down my local rfd tomorrow morning to make the purchase.

:)

16. mattgriff88

mattgriff88 Busy Member

Why is it taking so long then?

I waited until monday this week and sent a email to them, sent me a email back straight away saying its waiting to be signed and that I will have it the end of this week.