1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

This is why I'm here

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by jamescarr, Dec 14, 2008.

1. jamescarr

jamescarr Member

Hello everybody, my name is Tara and I'm affraid I don't know anything about these pellet gun things and this is my problem.
    My Works Manager has done an exceptionally good job this year and I know he would like one. I need some advice as to what to get him as a Christmas Bonus. I've seen these pump up ones, the ones that use tanks like my scuba gear, are these good? I'm wanting to spend around £1000, but this needs to be for everything he'll need, not just the gun. Hope you can help me.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  2. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Loads on here will try to help you, Lara, (Croft??), sorry, some of us have a funny sense of humour,...
    Which part of the country are you from?? And has the lucky chap ever had an air rifle before??? (i.e. does he need a beginners set-up, or something a bit more sophisticated?? )
    Cheers, hope Santa fills his stocking,... Fred

3. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

If I had got a grand, to spend...1st I'd go for a Air wolf or Air ranger, but that's just for the airgun 2nd... if its the whole thing included in the grand, I'd go...S410 in .177 classic with a harris bi-pod, an a decent scope and a 7Ltr tank....more advice will follow;):D

4. jamescarr

jamescarr Member

Silly Fred, it's Tara not Lara :wave:

5. norris

norris Engaging Member

Question

Is this thread for real? A female calling herself Tara/Jamescarr and flies daddy's helicopter.:confused:

Or a sad transexual/transvestite living in a fanasty world?

How many employers do you know that give a £1000 present to one of their work force?,especially in these hard economic times.

What about the poor old dog bodies who do the work?

Besides all the energineering firms have closed down.;)

Why would you want a bipod? something for the wrabbits to laugh at?

When I'm out shooting I walk round and stalk a rabbit.Have not got time to hit the deck and get my belly all wet or have a nice roll in the mud.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  6. jamescarr

jamescarr Member

What a sad world you must live in norris, so sceptical and misinformed. Without Michael this year I wouldn't have a company and my 52 other employees wouldn't have jobs either, so he's well worth the Christmas treat I have planned and as for the "dog bodies" that do all the work, they're all getting bonuses too. Anyway, to get back to my dilema. Thank you andyhawx3, it seems you were wrong though about more help arriving, seems more like just hinderences and I suppose I'll just have to go to the shop and throw myself on their mercies. Merry Christmas everybody.

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

I'd go Air Arms S410 in .22 with a harris bi-pod, an a decent scope and a 7Ltr tank....more advice will follow;):D

8. norris

norris Engaging Member

The world I live in is same as everyone else on here!

£1000 gives you a lot of chioce Theoben,Daytate,Wiehrauch,BSA,Falcon and Air Arms.
    I would spend it just on a gun.

Personal choice would be to forget a precharged air rifles and purchase a Theoben gas ram air rifle. However there is another option that I would consider- speak very nicely to Carl at Airtech to build one of his air rifles.

One type/model of gun is not going to suit everybody,even if you try it out and think it is the one to buy,it might turn out to be the wrong choice.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  9. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I'd like to come and work for you :) if that's what you get for a bonus and i'll give airgun advice free in return.
    How about branching out in to airguns, parts or accessories all these other company's can't seem to make enough to keep up with demand.
    Don't forget my bonus for that idea. ;)

10. Frenchie

Frenchie Engaging Member

Well spoken! It's good to see that someone is not only doing well during this recession and they are happy to show their appreciation to their employees for doing a good job. It's a shame that someone has asked for help and that they have received comments that are not very helpful at all, it's not what I thought this forum was about!
    I don't think that I have enough knowledge to advise but I do agree that a Theoben Gas Ram might be a good start if it is going to be his first gun. It is an excellent gun and with that budget you could include a good quality slip, pellets, targets and everything else that a beginner might need.
    With the attitude that you have to your staff you deserve to do well!

11. jamescarr

jamescarr Member

Thanks Frenchie. When people come across the likes of me they immediately think "spoiled brat", without even knowing me or what I've done. Yes I've been lucky in that my family has money, but it's not inherited wealth, it's been worked hard for. Before daddy would allow me even near the engineering business he insisted I get qualified and I can honestly say that there isn't a single job on the firm that I couldn't do, infact I hold the highest paper qualifications of anybody in the company, I just lack the "hands on experience".

Anyway, just to let you know, I have done the deed and gone to the shop daddy uses for his shotgun needs. They were very helpful and so were several customers who were there too. I've spent far too much actually, way more than my original budget, but I'm pretty sure Michael will be very pleased with the outfit.
    I've gone for the Weihrauch 100KT with silencer, a 7 ltr 300 bar tank, an AGS swat scope (what ever that is), a Harris swivel bipod and sling (which they are fitting for me), a camoflage rifle slip, 3 extra magazines and 2000 ftt pellets, plus some other little bits and pieces.
    They are assembling the whole lot for me and setting it up, to be collected this weekend. It did go nearly £500 over budget, but then he is worth it.

Tara X

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  12. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

I'm sure Michael will be pleased with the Weihrauch, those germans make good guns.
    PS: Is Michael the boyfriend as well as an employee. ????

13. Frenchie

Frenchie Engaging Member

Good for you! I'm sure your staff will appreciate the fact that you recognise and are thankful for their efforts.
    Have a good Christmas!

14. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

:eek:...Didn't I give good advice:confused:

15. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I hope Michael is very happy,why not take him for a "Buzz" in your helicoptor.

Happy Christmas to you both :)

16. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Nice choice, Tara, you really spoilt that man, (it will be very difficult for him to upgrade to anything much better, IMO,... )

Yes, I shoot a HW100!!! Warn him, it may need a few pellets through it for it to 'settle in,...' and then he should be able to help Lara on her next 'jaunt,.....'

Oh, you DID get the .177 calibre, didn't you!!!
    Merry Christmas,...
    Fred

17. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

I'm sure you will enjoy "Buzzing" about ;)

18. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Your Engineering business must be cutting edge technology, seeing has you pay very good bonuses, and helicopters don't come cheap do they, don't know bet your talk-in about, £6m...unless you buy a small one :rolleyes::D.

19. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I think Tara would prefer a big chopper :up:

20. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

well tell her to give the rock a bell