1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Thinking Of Px'ing My Hw45....

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Wofty, Nov 9, 2019 at 5:34 PM.

1. Wofty

Wofty Cleverer than the average bear Booboo!

Been having thoughts on a new pistol. To be fair they are just a sideline for me but I quite enjoy them indoors when it's raining or those winter nights.
    Anyway, I'm hardly at home due to work so every time I do pick up my 45 I have to relearn it's foibles. I had some extended leave the other year and got quite reasonably proficient with it. But that was last year....
    So as mine is a Silver Star complete with box and tags I'm tempted to go up the shop during my xmas hol and px it for something different and recoiless.
    Not sure if I want a Peacemaker or CP88. One is just a nice piece of kit to play with occasionally and the other would be quite satisfying for targets on those odd nights.
    Of course theirs CP2's and PP700's, I won't really know till I hold the one I like.
    Enough ramble. The point being a month after px'ing a 45 am I going to suffer the common 45 remorse? It's nice enough and I love its solid, chunky build and the smell of victory each shot.
    It's just sat there unused and there and I don't feel the need for multiple pistols........

2. Samobaggins

Samobaggins Keyboard Hero

you may as well give it away for what they would give you on a px.
    Or sell it.

garryt likes this.
  3. Wofty

I can't be arsed to try selling a 45 here at the moment. Easier to just go to the shop and come back with a different flavour of shiny.

Wild Bill likes this.
  4. Samobaggins

Samobaggins Keyboard Hero

Fair enough.

5. waisted skirt

waisted skirt Donator

Cant be arsed, oh well. I guess international fluffing must pay better than I thought:).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 10:16 PM
  6. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Engaging Member

I've sold an HW45 and a CP88 and I deeply regret getting shot of the 45, the 88 was just a temporary plaything, it's forgotten

7. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast and voice of reason

I have had a couple of HW45's my last one was a keeper until it wasn't. :DGot bored with it. Just a blunderbus of a pistol. Glad I got rid.

DSCF4439.JPG

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019 at 7:56 PM
  8. mikehill

mikehill Engaging Member

What you shooting now ? Never tried a 45 myself yet.

9. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast and voice of reason

I shoot allsorts. :thumb:

10. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

45s are great guns and very accurate but if you like that build but recoiless surely an HW75 is on the cards????

11. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

= you never got anywhere near getting the hang of it in the first place. If you have to relearn it every time you pick it up that is a shame. I reckon you should sell it.
    I reckon eventually people who buy 45s but get bored/give up easily means that people like me will eventually be able to get them cheap and have a few to play with. Wishful thinking I know.
    Anyway. Sell it. Or give it to me. You will never like it anyway. If you ask the question you already know the answer.

12. Wofty

I'd disagree with that. Bear in mind I've only been able to use it about twice this year.
    One of the features of the 45 is its dual power capability. Now on half power on my indoor range I can get groups I'm pleased with after a warm up.
    If I go to the range on full power everything changes.
    This is the crux in that I just don't have time to learn both power levels to enjoy the benefits. Rifle target shooting always gets priority.
    So being realistic about my pistol shooting I'd rather get something more pleasing.. ie a 6 shooter or something that's easier to pick up and use consistently. Like a PP700.
    Like I said I won't know until I get to the shop. To have something that rarely gets used it has to have that ownership appeal to warrant keeping. For me that's something that when I'm home I can pop out, smash out a few targets and come in with a smile.

Reevo17 likes this.
  13. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

Must admit, I've never liked the look of these. They just look really out of proportion and ungainly.

14. Wofty

So many replicas so little time!
    I've been having fun watching AAR and thoroughly enjoying seeing what's on offer.
    Having thought long and hard about why I don't use my pistols much, it's really down to range. 5m in the garage gets old quick but is ok if it's a winters night.
    My range is 20m but I'm in cover between garage and house. 10m is on the lawn and I feel exposed. Strange but it buts a downer on my enjoyment worrying about neighbours.
    So I'm thinking a PP700 and for my inner child an Umarex cowboy rifle. Both capable of 20m fun. Definitely way more than a trade in 45 but it will take the edge off enough to convince me I absolutely need these toys in lieu of any crap crimbo pressies.:D

Wild Bill and Reevo17 like this.
  15. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging led me'..

Yup something about my Hw45.. Bit of a hand cannon but very satisfying and rewarding spring pistol. A keeper 4 sure.. :thumb:

Reevo17 likes this.
  16. Reevo17

Reevo17 Big Poster

I’ve just bought my third... keep coming back to them. If I were you pop it in a drawer and save it for another day.

If you can afford to buy the new ones do but a 45 has some magic

17. Wofty

That's what would worry me.
    I'll see what the shop offer. If it was a Blackstar I'd deffo keep. I'm indifferent on the Silverstar colour.

Reevo17 likes this.
  18. Wofty

Jobs a good 'un.
    A rather nice Webley mk VI is on its way thanks to this wonderful forum.
    Now........
    Let's see about a leather holster and lanyard just to Walt it up. Maybe a Sam Browne belt is a bit much but I'm tempted:D

PBaz Barrett and Reevo17 like this.