1. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of buying a Theoben rapid mk2

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by l4mbert, Aug 28, 2007.

1. l4mbert

l4mbert Member

Hello, ive been shooting for a few years now but am thinking of going into precharged rifles but have a few questions. After hours of research i have decided the best one for me would be the theoben rapid mk2 because of the reviews ive read and that i can upgrade it to a FAC at a later date if needed.

Anyway to cut a long story short, ive been looking at the refill kits and was just wondering how many times i can refill the rapid mk 2 with a 7 litre 300 bar kit?

Also the cheapest i have found the rapid mk2 is for £795 new and was wondering if anyone else knows of a cheaper place?

Thanks Alot

l4mbert

2. topcat

topcat Post Whore

mk11

the mk11 is a great gun especialy if you want to go fac but the s type is better it comes with a 19 inch barrel as standed and most probably be cheaper to up grade i would try and get 12 litre 300 bar bottle lot more refils with the 7 litre you will be running back and forward to get it refiled remember the buddy bottles for fac would be 400cc or half litre they require a lot of air

3. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Buying such an expensive rifle isn't worth it unless you get it in FAC, it won't be any better then something costing half as much if it's at 12 ft/lbs

4. topcat

topcat Post Whore

rapids

believe me m8 the extra money is well worth it i have owned most pcp on the maket but keep going back to rapids i own an s type in 177 at the moment and have to say its the best airifle ive owned huge shot capacity the 19 inch barrel for better long range accuracy build quality second to none i can keep going on but i think you no where im coming from 177 stype the king

5. l4mbert

l4mbert Member

Thanks alot for the reply, i was thinking of getting a .22 cal but i you say you have a .177 cal. are there any advantages of the .177 over the .22?

Also where would be the best place to buy this gun?

thanks again

l4mbert

6. topcat

topcat Post Whore

rapid

177 gives me at least 10to 15 yarrd advantage over 22 thats running just below 12 fpe flatter trajectory less afected by wind but if you are definetly going fac 22 might be better for you personally if i was going fac i would still have 177 tried my mates rapid 177 23 fpe with bisley mags fantastic flat as a chinamans bum

7. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Any air rifle is only as accurate as a 95k so why bother buying any other gun??

The same reason we don't all have nissan micras. :rolleyes:

8. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi, I wouldn't have spent £1400+ on my HW100 combo if it wasn't going to be any more accurate than a 95k!!!!!
    Rapids are cool,and have v.high power potential(they're just a bit ugly:D)

9. l4mbert

l4mbert Member

Im not worried about looks at all, im looking for performance, a quality build, plenty of shots from one fill and the possibility to upgrade it to FAC in the future.

Thanks topcat for the info you have helped me alot, i think i will stick to the .22 as thats always what ive used.

Thanks everyone

l4mbert

10. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

What is in this high priced combo??

11. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi,
    1x Stage 1 Venom tuned HW100 +a few custom bits
    1x Hawke Titanium 3-12x52.
    1x Daylight laser
    4x Lightweight Venom/FX air cylinders.
    HW Silencer,mounts,4 extra mags.
    Thats about it (so far)

12. len lowther

len lowther Newbie

theoben rapid 7/14

Hi I have one of these which has been used twice and I will sell it for a fair price. I work abroad and will not be back to the UK for a couple of weeks. If you are interested you can reply here, Thanks Len

13. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

If going FAC get the longer barrel and bigger tank. Also stick to .22 as it shifts less air than .177 which gets important at FAC levels and .22 pellets give better trajectory when starting out at the same speed due to superior ballistics. Your chances of selling a .22 FAC are fairly slim but selling a .177 FAC is 10x as hard as very few have slots for them - always need to consider resale when you buy.
    A longer barrel is 100% no more accurate than a short one but you'll need a 19 incher for FAC power levels. It's probably worth getting something-else in 12 ft/lb though and then buying a secondhand FAC gun if you get the ticket. Secondhand FAC airguns are worth very little compared to their 12 ft/lb counterparts

14. len lowther

len lowther Newbie

I have one for you

Hi If you want a theoben I have one whats only been used a couple of times in my garden. Call me 07921618617. Cheers Len

15. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

I would take up Len on his offer, i was going to suggest you look for a second hand rapid as they are available a fair site cheaper than new!
    These rifles are bombproof, and provided it hasn't been deliberately abused (tinkering!), you should do ok.

These things are mustard at FAc power levels, i've built and tuned more FAC Rapids than probably any other type of rifle and own 3 myself.
    In .22cal they will perform superbly upto and beyond 50ft/lbs - the wabbits really don't like 'em! ;)