1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

thinking of buying a BSA R10 VC any thoughts

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by 177man, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 177man

177man Engaging Member

Hi All
    Well iv'e just purchased another tx200 two weeks ago but the
    Bsa r10 vc in .177 has caught my eye .Has anyone shot one and how do you find it
    thanks in advance Si

2. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

very poor quality control at BSA bud...lots have had problems...very much a lottery i think wether you get a good one or bad.

3. Lee67

Lee67 Posting Addict

Not really true....ive had my scorpion nearly a year..and it's used everyweek in all weathers, and hasn't missed a beat!!!

4. simes222

simes222 Donator

Just get a HW100 instead, best gun you will ever own.

5. rattus

rattus Donator

ive got a bsa mk2 r10 and a bsa scorpion, ive had no problems with either rifle. I'd agree that the mk1 r10 had problems because they rushed the launch of it. for the money the r10 is one of the best pcp's out there but like any mass produced product you do get rogue rifles that get through, and that's the case whether its bsa, air arms, daystate. ect....

6. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

Bsa r10's r lovely.ive got one and it's great.its a mk2 that I had some work done on by xtx.dont write them off,plenty of people race on about the hw100 but believe me they have problems too.i sold one on here that I hadn't even used yet and it had problems.had to step up and pay for a service for the fella.and mine was not the first hw100 I've heard of that's had problems.ive also got 2 scorpion t10's,1 in.25 and 1 in .177,they are a quality gun despite all the slagging off.

7. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

Spend your cash on a daystate

8. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    totally agree. am an air arms man myself, but if funds allow, a tactical r10 would be winging it my way. what i would suggest tho, is to buy used - that way, with the money saved, you could send it away to xtx air or mr john bowkett - for the price of a brand new one, you will have one better that will last forever - a totally different rifle from standard.
    yes, they have had problems, but the r10 is one of the best selling rifles of recent years, so the dodgy ones may be in relation to the vast sales

9. trumpetier

trumpetier Pro Poster

you got a good one then :D

10. Stevenb

Stevenb Donator

Not slagging off daystates in anyway and believe me I've had my fair share.mk3,huntsman,air wolf,air ranger and red ranger to name but a few but I would still choose the r10 all day long.much more pointable than any of the buddy bottle daystates.

11. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Haven't heard of any QC issues at BSA,I have an Ultra and know many happy owners with little complaints.

12. walker

walker Busy Member

ive had two mk2 r10's. first one had problems with the reg sold it.
    second one was a .177 vc. had it xtx tuned and it shot like a laser. did have a leak though turned out to be valve as it was leaking down the barrel?
    dave1962 on here has had one for ages and hes had no trouble with his. I do think they are a bit hit and miss though.

13. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

Not true
    I have had my little ultra for over 2 years and it has not missed a beat
    Only complaint is the low shot count
    I have had a play with many R10's and they have been lovely to shoot and such a pretty rifle
    If i did not have so many in my collection i would buy an R10 tomorrow
    In fact i am trying to sell a couple of mine so i can finally get an R10 as i have been after one for years

14. BlackSniper

BlackSniper Engaging Member

As said there have been some bad reports about them but me and my mate have 177 wood stock and both are spot on out the box and my other mate has got the black tactical in 177 and again is spot on straight out the box. So I personally would recommend one.

15. stanimal

stanimal Donator

I've got an r10 mk2 vc in .22 myself and its a pleasure to shoot and looks fantastic imho :)

16. spooks1982

spooks1982 Well-Known Member

My opinion, I own an R10 VC. Bought December 2013, not impressed with the QC and rubbish .177 BSA barrel. I can only speak from my experiences but so far I've had a Bowkett tune which improved things, however now replacing the barrel with a Lothar Walther one because the BSA one wasn't up to my standards. Depends how much budget you have but I'd be getting the Daystate Wolverine B if I had my choice again. I'm probably going to buy one of those as well to be honest.

17. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

ive had my r10 vc a few months now (7000 pellets through it now) and its spectacular and hasnt missed a beat so much so that even though ive got to have the daystate wolverine im keeping my mk2 as its just a fantastic gun with pinpoint accuracy that also has the stunning looks not many can match

get one and get one now lol , you'll love it :up:

18. milek

milek Honorary Member

I have three regrets in airgun ownership.

1. Selling my R-10
    2. Selling my second R-10
    3. Expecting my Daystate MK4 to be better than the R-10

There are some concerns around the R-10 quality control that is in no doubt but to think that spending a lot more money ensures a higher quality is misplaced.

19. Jonnyovy

Jonnyovy Very Active

What about in comparison to your hw100? I did have one on order in .20, but when it turned up, the stock was horrible, was putting out under 10ft/lbs and the dealer added over £130 onto the price we had agreed as he had seen other selling them for this price online. It was a good enough excuse to pull out and say i couldn't afford it. I felt let down by this dealer adding a price on after a done deal so might still order one else where when i come home. Also on my list was the mk4is and r10, just wondering your thoughts after owning all 3.

20. milek

milek Honorary Member

The HW100 is better than both on an engineering level which is readily evident when you use the cocking lever and magazines or single shot tray. The accuracy of all three are on a par, however the HW100 achieves this with both single shot loader and the magazine. The others were only as accurate when fed single shots. If the cheek-piece on the HW100 was a little higher then it could compare with the stock on the R-10 but it is a bit on the low-side from the factory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.