1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking Of A Multi Shot Co2 Pistol (cp99?)

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Bigjimknickers, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Bigjimknickers

Bigjimknickers Busy Member

hiya all, im considering adding a pistol to the collection, I did research the cp-1 but then I thought reloading all the time would annoy me, so I found a review of the cp99, looks good is it? any others that I should consider for this budget, its only for plinking & at the range, nothing too serious!
    budget up to £150?

2. DRAGONBAIT666

DRAGONBAIT666 Donator

Just bought cp2. It not too bad. One that converts between pistol n rifle. Bought mainly for my ten yr old grandson to use. Pretty accurate to 30yards. In rifle format i put my Nikko sterling 3-9x40 on it. Not reslly used it as pistol but just now put shorter barrel on it n plan go club tomoz n try it out down there. Well quiet with the moderator on it too. .177.

3. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Engaging Member

I too have the cp2. Originally bought for my wife as 'her rifle'., but not really up to the job. However, as a plinker it's great fun! I put a little scope on for rifle format and a little red dot for pistol. As for reloading, we find it as easy to use single shot, as it can be a faff to load the mags. I usually load the mags while she shoots single then we blow a mag each and so on.

4. Rob-ontarget

Rob-ontarget Keyboard Hero

You would be better off getting a cp88.. Same sort of action but better made and no platic grip.. Theres plenty of good ones second hand for less than your budget.

Bigjimknickers likes this.
  5. IanCZ

IanCZ Active Member

6. Bigjimknickers

Thanks, I’ve read that, interesting! Still a lot to choose from!

7. Haselsh1

Haselsh1 Well-Known Member

I have used quite a few CO2 pistols over the last ten years or so and love the ones by Umarex but I have to say that the best all round one I ever had was a Sig Sauer C226 replica. Really nice solid metal pistol with a good feel to it. One thing though is that I have always been slightly disappointed by their power output. When I tried a Weihrauch HW45 as a comparison, the difference was truly astonishing though maybe overkill for the back garden. Wasn't sure about the neighbours, still aren't. Second best for me was the Beretta M92FS by Umarex but wasn't really impressed by the trigger action. Really heavy well made pistol possibly actually worth the money. All the best.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  8. peter9

peter9 Engaging Member

umarex morph,great pistol,30 shots and you get about 150 to 200 shots per co2, you can turn the power up as well via a screw but shot count drops but its bloody powerful, dead easy to load at the side as well. mine converts to rifle,carbine etc hence the name but you can just buy the pistol,if i could only own one gun this would be it

9. IanCZ

IanCZ Active Member

I think the RP5 is the "replacement" for the Morph, does pellets as well.

10. Genstab

Genstab Active Member

Personally I would recommend choosing a Umarex 8 shot pistol with a hammer, like the CP88. You can then move effortlessly between single and double action. The CP99 has an internal hammer, but to cock it you need to use your other hand and it is quite hard. The HK P30 also has a hammer, but I am currently having some tech problems with it. You won’t go far wrong with a CP88.

Rob-ontarget and Bigjimknickers like this.
  11. Bigjimknickers

I want the Cp88 but my budget screams CP99 !! Lol.

12. Bigjimknickers

I really like the Sig 226, the low power puts me off a bit!

13. IanCZ

IanCZ Active Member

You could try the Beretta Px4 Storm, it has blowback and single action, takes pellets and B B s, and comes with a double 8 shot magazine, and I've seen it for as low as £105.

Rob-ontarget and Bigjimknickers like this.
  14. Haselsh1

Haselsh1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the C226 is so well made but doesn't feel or sound very powerful. The best I have used for slam is the Umarex Desert Eagle with full blow back. Huge amounts of noise and power but sadly awful plastic feel to the whole thing. Of course though it cocks ready for the next shot which is brill.

15. Rob-ontarget

They arent a bad little pistol..
    I accuired one today for £65 in brand new condition..

37BF9258-52DE-4F10-B186-B223E799032B.jpeg

16. Bigjimknickers

Ok so here is my short list so far:

Sig 226
    Umarex 1911
    CP99
    Berreta m92
    Cp88
    Px4 storm.

I can go to Crawley to buy then I get to handle them all, maybe even try one or two?
    I know they have a short range there.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Rob-ontarget likes this.
  17. Rob-ontarget

The umarex 1911’s are nice too.
    Would be a shame to overlook a classic!!!:D
    3C2DC2E9-B2A3-4B6E-9BC7-2F4AF05C3058.jpeg
    3A258D11-9506-4234-A311-C0F13AE5E6BF.jpeg

18. pjgtech

pjgtech Donator

+1 for the CP2 here, its a pistol, its a carbine, its a single shot, its a multi shot, it has good build quality, its relatively small and light weight, and the triggers not too bad either and its accurate for short ranges. :thumb:

19. Genstab

Genstab Active Member

Sig Sauer C226 is very affordable, all metal, looks and feels great, is blowback and has lots of innovative features. However, I returned mine because I did not rate the build quality, especially compared to a Umarex pistol, but mostly because it misfired continually whatever magazine or pellet I tried. Reliability is all important and the C226, regrettably, failed me.

20. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member