1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

theoben Rapid 12 in .25 non fac

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by manchesterandy, May 27, 2015.

1. manchesterandy

manchesterandy Engaging Member

What are past/present owners opinions on this gun? I'm thinking of buying it, and I haven't even seen it yet. Just want to weigh up the worth of traveling to view it.
    Is it a heavy gun?
    I've only ever used .22 sub12ft for pigeon and squizzers so how would this fare for rabbits at (long-ish range) up to 100yds?

2. 177

177 Donator

Non-FAC for 100 yard rabbits in .25 ?

:rolleyes: ;)

My mate has an FAC Rapid in .25 running at forty-something FPE and it's scary. Amazing accuracy and huge dropping power.I

I've only ever shot a couple of sub 12 .25 air rifles and I would be happy using them at closer range, but nothing more.

If your plan is to FAC the gun you may well find it costs less to buy one that is already FAC.

Don't you know anyone local with a Rapid that you could shoulder and try ?

3. Elk hunter

Elk hunter Keyboard Hero

Like a brick I expect!

Most use sub 12flb in .25cal for close range rats, but I've never used one just what I've read.

Andrew

4. 177

177 Donator

.25 at 11.75 FPE with a 25 yard zero:
    [​IMG]

.25 @ 43 FPE with a 44 yard zero:
    [​IMG]

61 inches LESS drop at 100 yards at 43 FPE over 11.75, and that is with a comparatively light (in .25 terms) H&N Field Target Trophy pellet.

I know it's wrong, but I want one :)

5. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer Keyboard Hero

I wouldn't even consider a .25 running less than 45ft/lbs.
    @ sub 12 ft/lbs it will be loopier than a rainbow

6. Titchgamer

Titchgamer Honorary Member

I reckon you will blind yourself looking at the sun through a scope to get to 100 yards with a sub 12 .25!

They are really only good for short range, less than 20 yards ide say but bloody amazing for rats!!

As for the gun itself Rapids are awesome but yes they are heavy beasts!!

7. whitevanman574

whitevanman574 Donator

shot them doing all sorts of power 20 yards rat and .25 looks like isis have been there . however above is better if you have fac . but speaking of fac I wouldn't bother I would get a rimfire , that's just my opinion

8. manchesterandy

Thanks for your input. I recon rimmy will be best for cost. The gun I saw was up for £675 in an RFD but I rekon I could have got it £100 less. But even so it'd cost a few quid to FAC it and then it'd loose value. Thanks for your input

9. 177

177 Donator

This is probably not the time but, despite the fact that the .22 rimfire is by far and away my favourite and most used rig, FAC air has its place and there are often scenarios where a rimfire or any other powder burner would be inappropriate but FAC air can offer a viable option.

Sub 12 Rapids are fetching silly money at the moment and, as you say, if you took it to FAC and on ticket you would effectively devalue it and throw some of your investment down the drain.

Think about what you need, the ground you shoot over, the available quarry, and then factor in what you want.

I will always keep a sub 12 air rifle for barn rats and pigeons.

Once I got my FAC Rapid I found I rarely touched the sub 12 air rifles on more open ground.

Trouble is, I rarely touch the Rapid either when I can take the rimfire...

10. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Lots shoot .25 sub 12 but u won't get further than 50 yard with a conventional mill dot scope but me and the robin used to both smash 5mm spinners at the range at 40 meter it isn't impossible but lot better at fac. Wats the price as rapids are easy to change cal and .25 bits very sought after

11. 177

177 Donator

It's that 'could have got it for £100 less' bit that intrigues me :)

12. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Rapids arnt as expensive in real life as what lads on forums make out 177 forums are full of sheep what believe wat they read I wouldnt pay over £500 for a rapid these days unless very special bits on

13. the67al

the67al Engaging Member

A sub 12 .25 rapid at 100 yard rabbits:eek:

14. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

A sub 12 .25 won't reach 100 yard but it will 50 no probs ;)

15. manchesterandy

I would mind getting .17hmr and a 12g shotty. The missus might have other thoughts tho :-(.
    What are the chances of being granted a .17hmr and 12g on my very first application?

16. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

If you have some land and the owner will sign for you Very good unless you have mental health issues or have been in trouble with the law.
    Cheers Andy

17. buffy vampire slayer

buffy vampire slayer Keyboard Hero

you do not need any land to shoot on or be a member of a clay club to apply for a shotgun ticket and if you`ve been a good boy,you cannot be refused.
    this does not mean (regarding my reply on your other thread) that when you get one you can shoot it anywhere without thinking of the consequences.

18. JPL1971

JPL1971 Donator

Sub 12 Rapid .25 @ up to 100 yards???

You'd have more chance throwing a ducker at em ;)

Cheers
    J