1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Theoben Evo He

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Ian Mawdesley, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Ian Mawdesley

Ian Mawdesley Well-Known Member

Hi all , will a HW90 gas ram fill adaptor, fit a Theoben evo only getting 8.8 fps out of the evo would just like it to be up a bit thanks

2. drolraw

drolraw Active Member

Pretty sure it won"t. If it was pre HE I would say yes.

Ian Mawdesley likes this.
  3. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Probably just needs recharging with a pump. Recommended fill pressure for HE is around 40 bar +/- depending on calibre.

4. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

Best fittings sell a fill adator that has both the HW90 and Theoben threads ( you remove one part to reveal the other thread).

However, I'd be looking to find the reason why power has dropped.

If the piston seal has started to deteriorate, adding more air will only further worsen this.

It could be a failed schrader valve. It could be any of the internal seals.

5. Ian Mawdesley

Thanks for the replys the gun has been in an atic for 10 years so ot been used took it to local rfd and they have pumped up the gas ram and currently doing 11.3 so some improvment going to chrono it again in a few days just to see
    Regards Ian

6. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

They all leak at some point. By checking the fill pressure to see if it’s correct at least he won’t have to strip it all and it may well just be a loss of pressure.

If the power is low with the correct pressure then he does need to look elsewhere.

TORNADOS7, Ian Mawdesley and robs5230 like this.
  7. The Squire

The Squire Engaging Member

Hopefully that will sort it then if it’s been left for a good while. Beware though if the muzzle energy drops off again quickly, could be a deteriorating piston crown (seal) which are quite expensive compared to the same component on a springer.

8. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Not easy to source either, I think Impact have the only stock.

I wonder if the Zephyr crown really worked anyway?

hmangphilly and The Squire like this.
  9. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

If you decide to get the adapter and use a stirrup pump to do the job then be very "very" careful as it don't take much to overfill them, when I did mine I just primed the pump, lent on it until the air inside compressed and then gave it a little squirt, about a quarter of a stroke (in fact probably less) was more than enough, in fact if I remember rite I had to let a little out as it was too high and it took me a couple of attempts to get it right...

Blackmax likes this.
  10. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

This is how I’ve done them, because you have a gauge for reference.

11. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Posting Addict

zephyr.jpg theoben slr.jpg

No idea what that's supposed to achieve

12. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

The upper photo is the Zephyr and along with machined channeling in the cylinder it's supposed to direct air to the transfer port making the gun more efficient. Not sure it was ever scientifically proven and it's had its doubters.

The mounting design looks pretty close to some BSA seals I got off Cloverleaf so I wonder if you could use them.

13. robs5230

robs5230 Oversprung

For what it's worth, I think the Theo seals are terrible.
    Totally too hard in my opinion.

I've removed those Zephyr seals and its clear to see they have been spinning around on the piston. Plenty of evident marks to show that from TP imprints / combustion.
    They'd only be efficient if they didn't rotate.

The should have fitted a seal like the parachute seal HW uses, or even the old Venom Powr Pulse seal.

The Squire and Blackmax like this.
  14. hmangphilly

hmangphilly Posting Addict

It looks like cobblers to me

but I’m in a funny mood

15. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Me too! :laff:

hmangphilly likes this.
  16. The Squire

The Squire Engaging Member

So it sounds like the forum has decreed that the Zephyr philosophy is waffle and flim flam! Think I'm OK with that.
    The seals certainly aren't the best, and I'm sure that a few years back there was a particularly bad batch of Evolution style seals. I'd bought a .177 Evo by post (bad move) and the seller hadn't realised the seal was u/s :rolleyes:
    To cut a long story short I got a new one that lasted about 6 weeks, I thought I'd done something stupid so bought another and it lasted about the same. Fortunately I ended up speaking to someone with a common understanding at the supplier who sent me some replacements FOC, they were a lot more compliant that the first couple which had failed by the front face cracking through about 120degrees circumferentially.

17. Ian Mawdesley

This is all getting very technical, I will chrono on sunday and see if the evo is up to the job.Thanks for all the help