1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

them germans really know there stuff!

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by martin22, Dec 18, 2013.

1. martin22

martin22 Donator

over the years ive owned many rifles (pcp and springers) of many brands,ive allways been an air arms fan personally but over the last few months ive been useing weihrach springers and ive been mighty impressed
    yesterday i bought a hw100ks my first weihrach pcp and tonight on a spare of the minute phonecall ive just been up to my permission with a mate for a quick half hour mainly just to give the rifle a quick blast and check the zero ready for a big outing tomorrow
    i mainly use my rifles for hunting and ive got to say the hw100ks is one of the best pcp's ive owned,its absolutly perfect for hunting,well balanced,easy to load,short enough to shoot out the truck window lamping and not too heavy at all,combined with the nikon prostaff scope i think this is one of the best hunting combo's ive owned to date,
    ive been told the shot count is pretty low on the k about 50-60 on a .22 per fill but if im honest i doubt ill fire more than 30 shots on a good night so it doesnt bother me too much
    so hats off to the germans from a weihrach convert here :up:
    i tried to get a few pics up on the permission but its just a waste of time with the iphone and shining the lamp the phone just shown loads of glare up :mad: but here it is after a quick wipe down
    1528664_10201417816351407_906457654_n.jpg 1476163_10201417829831744_922315855_n.jpg 537284_10201417829871745_1530566523_n.jpg 1469902_10201417829791743_1053379629_n.jpg

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Looks great, you will be happy with that. Best mag system on the market in my opinion and a cracking rifle:up:

Bit of info below I've just copy and pasted from an old thread I quoted on so shot count will be a touch more than you think :up:

shot count is

HW100 .177 - 90 ish
    HW100 .22 - 125 ish

HW100K .177 - 50 ish
    HW100K .22 - 90 ish

Weight of the K model is about 7.5lbs un scoped and 96 cm long

Weight of full length is about 8lbs un scoped and 105 cm long

3. Snipertez

Snipertez Donator

Good choice Martin, thats you set-up for xmas/new yr then ;)

If you end up fitting a bi-pod and want to off-set the extra weight, think about an A+M ali custom cylinder. Lovely bit of kit that'll chop nearly a pound off the rifles weight and also ups the shot count by about 20-30%.

l Hope its the start of a great love affair and she turns out to be a keeper.

Enjoy :)

4. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

I did a powercurve test on my HW100 KT in .22, 96 fll power shots!

5. 177

177 Donator

iPhone ?

Commiserations.

HW100KS ?

Congratulations :)

Nice rig you have there - bunnies beware...

I always swerved away from the HW100 variants, having tried most of them when they were first released I couldn't seemt o wrap myself around any of them comfortably.

That changed recently when I tried one of recent vintage belonging to a mate of mine. His was the HW100KS, like yours, and it seemed absolutely great in the shoulder. So much so that I'm teeter tottering on the edge of buying into one.

Yes, I know, my hypocrisy knows no limits :rolleyes:

Have fun with it - looks like you've got yourself very well tooled up for a serious effort on your permission(s)

Should we expect a progress report in the Hunting section ?

:)

6. martin22

martin22 Donator

thanks for the info fella's the shot count looks a lot more promising than i thought
    i only had a quick half hour with it and admittantly it was a bit early and we never saw anything that was in range and worth a shot and it was quite windy up there,we did check the zeroes in the barn though and have a quick walk down the lane
    if im honest i think i may have dropped a bit of a clanger as ive sold both my 3-9x40 prostaffs (nikoplex and bdc)and the 3-9x40 vortex diamondback on here recently but i did notice the fov doesnt seem quite as good on the 4-12x40,maybe its just me though as ive been spending a bit of time on the range lately with my lad so i will have to give it a proper test on the next outing (hopefully tonight)
    regards to getting out over christmas-definatly,my landowner keeps pestering me to thin the squirrels and pigeons out but with work and getting my lad up to scratch lately on the range i havnt been putting the time in i should,the squirrels are playing havoc with the pheasent feeders in the wood and the pigeons have over took the trees near the stables and messing everywhere,so im hoping now to get up there and make an impression and the hw100ks is a perfect tool for the job,
    there doesnt seem to many rabbits up there lately and i have seen a few foxes about but secretly im trying to lay off the rabbits a bit,i dont want to wipe them out completly i feel im just cutting my own nose off so unless the landowner asks me specifically im going to lay off them a little untill next spring :cool:
    fingers crossed tonight were off up to my mates permission for a night lamping on the rabbits so fingers crossed there should be an update tomorrow
    and also sunday i will be having a day on the pigeons/squirrels up on mine and little does he know yet i will be letting my lad take his rifle this time,he's put a lot of effort/practice in lately and i think he's ready to put it to use so look for the updates as i will look forward to writing them :up:
    regards to the above the rifle did come with a bipod and i will look into the a&m cylinders,and .177 yes the iphones are pretty ***p :down:

7. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Nice to see a 'sporter' stock for a change :thumb: .................... :coffee:

8. martin22

martin22 Donator

thanks,im a bit of a traditianalist myself and prefer a nice sporter stock over a thumbhole any day :cool:

9. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Love the sporter stock on the 100 , not a fn off thumbholes , even though iv got one , only because my ranger came with one , got to give it to the krauts , even if the Bstrds bombed my aunties chippy :rolleyes: ( tru story BTW )

10. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Its funny i had a KT stock on my hw100 but after a year I sold it and went back to a sporter stock and never looked back until I sold the rifle

11. martin22

martin22 Donator

ive never owned a TH myself and admittently ive only shouldered/shot my mates hw80 that had a custom TH stock on it,dont get me wrong i loved the feel of and it felt right,some of the TH stocks really do look nice too but i just like the traditional lines/feel of a sporter
    and also just a personal thing and i know it would probably never happen i dont like the idea of having my thumb through the hole,i allways have visions of breaking my thumb or something,i know no ones going to walk round with there thumb through there but it has happened to me before where ive took a couple of steps to the side to clear some branches ect with the rifle shouldered and tripped over :facepalm: but thats another story :eek:

12. johnbaz

johnbaz Big Poster

Have to agree that the Germans really know how to make guns yet it's strange how they always come second in World Wars :confused::confused:

John :p

13. martin22

martin22 Donator

thats simple.....us britts are just far superior in useing them :D

14. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

Just look at the field target hall of fame to see the amount of English winners let alone the UK.
    We seem to excell in knocking over tin chickens with tiny lead projectile:up:
    http://www.freewebs.com/nftac/wftfhallofchampions.htm

15. davymole

davymole Donator

Northop Hall, Mold, Flintshire North Wales
    having sporter stocks on both my 95 and 97k it was a change to have the hw100kt a lot light with a shot count of 5 mags plus a couple of pellets in .177 .Quite fancy the SFS 99s imp only timwe will tell

16. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

The HW100 K's are an awesome gun, i rate both of mine above my Daystates and pretty much anything else. Mine have never let me down, after the warranties were out on them (few years ago) i stripped them, removed the AT's, and tuned and balanced them. I have never had to touch them since, they hold perfect zero, they're are very reliable, very well designed and finished, and never disappoint.

All the gun anybody would ever need ;)

17. DaveC_24

DaveC_24 Busy Member

Good choice of rifle there! I bought an HW100kt as a no-nonsense hunting PCP, and it really is superb. As much as I'm not a fan of a thumbhole stock for looks, the HW100's one is very comfortable, and isn't tight round your thumb either - I don't find that sort of thumbhole stock to be as comfortable as a sporter, usually. I get about 60 shots from a 200 bar fill on mine, in .177, which isn't what I would call "low" really - more than enough for hunting and to be honest it doesn't really bother me on the range either.

18. MightyOak

MightyOak Engaging Member

Hi Martin

Glad you're pleased with the HW100 and had chance to get out with . :up:
    Was good to meet you.

As I mentioned to you I had an aprox shot count of 85+ out of your HW100
    My .177 HW100 is about 54 ish.

Yes , you're right about the weight / balance of the KS model. I find it spot on and always find it odd , when people say that the KS is a heavyweight ?

Cheers mate .
    Happy Christmas

19. martin22

martin22 Donator

thanks mate and it was good to meet you too its allways nice to put a face to the name,i cant fault the rifle one bit and im well impressed with it,i'd done a little bit of reading up on hw100 prior so im thinking ive got my wires crossed with the .177 and .22 shot count,i do remember you saying now but i was all excited on the new purchase at the time :rolleyes:
    anyway thanks for the rifle youve definatly done me a bargain here and if your ever up this way feel free to give me a shout and drop in for a cuppa :up:
    thanks and merry christmas to you