1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Advice The Wonderful Zbroia Kozak And A Warning Purchasing A New Rifle.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by PBaz Barrett, Feb 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging lead me'..

Ok I thought I should post this to the forum as warning to anybody purchasing a new air rifle.

I purchased a new rifle recently, from a very well known RFD. A UK Zbroia Kozak .177 (short). Having tried a few mags through it (well 4 and that was about it from a 240 bar fill), I figured it was shooting hot, um very hot!.. So out came the chrony.. I was shocked to find that with JSB Heavies it was doing >850 fps @ close to 17ftlb :eek:.

So off came the stock and thought I would adjust the hammer down. (I wont mention the details). Only problem was I could only get it down to about 14 ftlb, before the adjuster was protruding too far out of the action to get the stock back on :rolleyes:. So I figured the hammer spring was too long (it was rather stiff to cock). When I removed it this is what I found..

IMG_1623.JPG

Apparently, for uk market (sub 12ftlb), they just shorten the hammer spring (rather crudely it seems). I heated and flattened the top 2 coils, polished the ends all nice and smooth and refit. This enabled me to screw the adjuster all the way in flush with the action enabling the stock to fit perfect ;). After some minor tweaking I was able to achieve 11.5 ftlb and treble the shot count compared to what is was. It was also worth noting the hammer shuttle was as dry as a nuns biff, a very light smear of light oil where the shuttle runs worked wonders (bit of lube and she slid straight in :facepalm:).

Anyway, on a more serious note, If ever anybody purchases a sub 12ftlb rifle new, or 2nd hand for that matter, ALWAYS get it chronied to be on the safe side. For me anybody that purchases and uses especially a sub 12ftlb, A chronograph is essential bit of kit everybody should have.

On a lighter note, here are a few pics of the said rifle..

IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1650.JPG

150+ consistent shots from a 300 bar fill
    Super smooth action
    Super to shoulder and shoot
    Fully regulated
    Perfect scope rail position and height
    Adjustable cheek piece
    And for me the best bit equipment I have found since I first discovered me todger.

I'm a lefty and it is the most comfortable rifle have ever held, and fired.
    Will hold it's own regarding accuracy against ANY pcp on sale today Im sure.

What a gem, I seriously will have trouble using anything else in the future unless this explodes or something. And anybody thinking of getting a Kozak.. If you don't you will be missing out.

At a 3rd of the price, of anything else that shoots this well. Its a no-brainer :cool:.

Thanks again to all you guys that recommended this great rifle, Other manufacturers need to take note..

Sorry this was a long winded one.

Regards
    Paul.

aeronut55, M3ntal, Lostkiwi and 34 others like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 BRIT SEALS - M & M Products - TbT

Interesting post Paul, hopefully a one off that’s slipped through the net like all of them.

And you’re right, everyone should have a chrono!

Enjoy the Kozak

3. Bagster66

Bagster66 Posting Addict

I might have to you know
    I don't really want to but I just might have to ;)

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  4. Bongodrum

Bongodrum Donator

Are these really £250, might get two.. Never really been interested in a gun so short, but after studying all the feedback am seriously considering adding one to my fleet.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  5. Barry J

Barry J Busy Member

I’m amazed an RFD would sell a rifle that hasent been chrono’d by them to ensure it was sub 12. Initially I was going to by a new RM8 Varmint, just before sale my RFD chrono’d it and it was 13fpe and he wouldn’t sell it to me, he then ordered another 3 and when they arrived the next day guess what........ all over 12fpe.

I know everyone should own a chrony ( I do now) however, when you go in to buy a sub 12 air rifle without a FAC you expect it to be legal.

talent and PBaz Barrett like this.
  6. topcat666

topcat666 Engaging Member

I admire your skill and courage in modifying and fettling a new rifle:I would have taken it back to the rfd to sort out.
    Well done.
    (Must admit I like the sound of the Zbroia Hortitsia - although I'm not sure about the name!).
    Enjoy your rifle.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  7. cjsid

cjsid Engaging Member

Shooting hot has been a bone of contention with the kozak , as I understand it that is why a couple of Rfd's that dealt with them no longer do , to many over power apparently

PBaz Barrett and ibo7 like this.
  8. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

This is the 1st poor write up I've read on the Zbroia Kozak. If it had been me it would have been strait back to the RFD for a replacement and to warn them that their selling over powered guns.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  9. ibo7

ibo7 Very Active

Weirdly when I went to Solware about 6 months ago when they started stocking them, they had the exact same issue with them hence why I didn't get to buy one at the time. It was the main reason for me going there.
    They said out of the box they were all doing about 16-17ft lb and only managed to get them done to around 13-14ft lb which is why they didn't sell any at the time. Damn shame as I really wanted it

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  10. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

I like the look of them, reviews are good but the 300 bar fill? When a bottle is max 300 bar and it's bloody hard work with a pump. You're not going to get many full fills from a bottle. At what pressure does the power tail off?

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  11. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Posting Addict

A very stupid RFD who effectively handed over a Sec1 firearm to (I assume) somebody without an FAC and appropriate Variation.
    Peter.

PBaz Barrett, oedbachgen and ibo7 like this.
  12. Kev The Fish

Kev The Fish Buxted Rifle Club Member

Nice report Paul
    The 2 New rifles I purchased both came with a 10 shot string showing the velocity, No pellet weight though so only assume it was with RWS superfields as they recommended these & think they said they said they tested with them too. Always best to check when you get back home anyway & again after pulling through the barrel as a guy at our club was only showing 8ftlb until pulled through then about 10.5ftlb. plus some people may also find theirs creep up after a tin or two of pellets. I like to test mine every tin or two just to be sure. Purchased a second hand Falcon & first thing I did was chrono it & just as well as running about 13.1ftlb... easily rectified in about 5 mins as no anti-tamper and a turn & a half on hammer spring adjustment nut & got it to about 11ftlb (fine for me).
    definitely worth a few minutes & pellets testing everything as not just shows power output but could also show up possible leaks or erratic behaviour.
    Good advice to check the Kozak as they may possibly come through a bit hot... All other makes too
    Kevin

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  13. Kev The Fish

also tested to about 495 BAR too I believe, So must be fairly confident it their Quality (Austrian sourced Metals used apparently)

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  14. protheroe

protheroe Engaging Member

I think its about 80 when power drops but not checked myself as I use a pump and its a lot less work to fill if it doesn't empty too much.

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  15. Kev The Fish

Luckily I have Dual 300 Bar air Tanks & a Compressor to fill back up (These Chinese £185ish units are actually pretty good)
    Makes it a lot easier than my old Stirrup Pump (Handy to keep as a back up though).

PBaz Barrett likes this.
  16. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

That's quite worrying, you find yourself with an illegal rifle that's way over, you've sorted it now and fair play to you for having the skill, I would have taken it back and made a song and dance about it, putting me at risk through no fault of my own, they would have been pleased to see the back of me I can tell you...

Ray

17. PBaz Barrett

I wish they were £250 mate, where can you pick them up for that? I paid £530 odd for this baby which I might add is super value for what your getting. :thumb:

18. PBaz Barrett

Exactly mate, well put. :up:.

19. PBaz Barrett

Thanks, but only a very basic level of skills are needed TBH to sort a Kozak. Very easy up to press, from my experience with them so far. :thumb:

20. Kev The Fish

Trouble is RFD is not responsible for "Your" rifle being over as soon as you leave the door, Bit like you can have your car M.O.T'd and get caught for a bald tyre/faulty bulb etc 5 mins down the road & it is your fault.
    But I would like to think (hopefully) others would agree that a small strip of paper with a shot string & 5 minutes of time from the RFD to show it has been tested would be done, this may also stop people going back to the shop the next day saying their new purchase is dropping air/over-limit etc. one of my local RFD's has a really simple Heavy duty bent pipe system to fire rounds safely into & it takes up about 1ft of space. It is usually a good sign if a RFD does produce this (Countryways Certainly Produced one on my Hatsan Purchase), Shows they care about what is going out the door.
    Kevin

PBaz Barrett and audi swift like this.