1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Webley Nemesis Co2 Pistol. (a Quick Review)

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Wild Bill, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast and voice of reason

Hi folks.

As you know I like my pistola's, well just about anything CO2 and the other day I had the chance to try and buy a Nemesis co2 pistol from my local RFD for a very good price. So I purchased it and I'm happy with it.

P1020878.JPG

Now I know some of you have had this pistol and didn't like it but I do. I really do. I wanted something for some casual plinking but with a semi serious target capability for my small back yard range. Obviously as fun as semi auto style blowback replicas are, for good target work they are hard to master. So I thought this would be good for some 8-10 yd paper punching. No blowback, but multishot with a twin magazine or single shot loading tray.

P1020866.JPG

You insert the co2 cylinder into the chamber under the barrel and tighten it with the supplied hex key which is part of the pistol grip endcap. I get about 50 usable shots from a co2 capsule and I will tell you now, it is more powerful than any of my co2 replicas including my 7.5" barrel Colt SAA. I haven't chronoed it yet but going by the way it goes through my shed :)oops::confused:) and rips through tin cans, I'd say this is easily pumping out more than 450 fps with Bisley Practice pellets.

P1020870.JPG P1020869.JPG

I love the fibre optic sights and they work a treat especially in low light. The ergonomics of the pistol suit my hands just fine. It feels great to be honest. It is quite light and very comfortable to hold both single handed and two handed.

I like the looks of it, not everyone will but I do. It reminds me of a slim Judge Dredd pistol. It is made of some sort of ABS with a steel rifled barrel and steel bolt etc. The bolt can be swapped over to the right side for wonky handed shooters.

P1020875.JPG P1020881.JPG

The twin magazine is unique. It holds 7 pellets on each side and rotates with out jams. You shoot 7 rounds and then remove it and swap it around for another 7 rounds. Quite good actually. It cycles very smooth on my example.

It also comes with a single shot loading tray for when you can't be bothered to load the magazines.

I found the pistol to be quite accurate at 8-10 yds even with my old shaky hands. This target has two magazines through it at 8 yds standing, single handed shooting. I think it's not bad and obviously with practice and a drink :tea: to steady my hands, I think it will cloverleaf no problem.

Anyway, it's another pistol for my collection. I love them all. And you just can't beat a bit of relaxed plinking/target shooting on a nice evening after work.

P1020872.JPG P1020868.JPG P1020871.JPG P1020879.JPG P1020867.JPG

Cheers all. Happy shooting, whatever style you do. :up::)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Monkeyjoe

Monkeyjoe Busy Member

Nice review Bill, and nice pistol... I’m not too keen on the magazines, they way they sit puts me off a bit, single shot looks good though, like the bolt action.... and the Murphy looks really nice, just put me in the mood for one now...

Wild Bill likes this.
  3. SimonCornwall

SimonCornwall Engaging Member

I like the sights, I want something like those for my cp1, even if it's just the front

4. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Looks nice Bill, think the mags are the weak point, will be interested to see how you find them with use.

5. Wild Bill

So far so good Douglas. They load easy and they cycle smooth. Time will tell I suppose. :up:

6. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Thanks Bill, keep us updated, am tempted myself.

Wild Bill likes this.
  7. Gaz2121

Gaz2121 Gazza

Looks really good and pistol shooting in the garden is great fun .

Monkeyjoe and Wild Bill like this.
  8. short-carabine

short-carabine Engaging Member

Tempted to one of these in .22 at some point

9. Nubble

Nubble Donator

Cheers Bill.
    :thumb:

10. Finnthedude

Finnthedude Engaging Member

Looks interesting, I too like the look of it.

What's it like noise wise? Will it take a moderator?

Good review.

Finnthedude.

11. Wild Bill

Yes it will take a screw on moderator. It is relatively noisy as most co2 pistols are.

Cheers

Finnthedude likes this.
  12. Oat

Oat Very Active

Nice review Bill
    Thanks for sharing

13. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Nice write up with pics Wild Bill:thumb:.

Got to ask, with all these modern type guns, have you gone over to the dark side, or are you on the change:D.

Monkeyjoe likes this.
  14. Wild Bill

I just like guns man. Gotta be ready for the zombie apocalypse. :thumb: WalkingAnt.gif

sagalout, oedbachgen and Monkeyjoe like this.
  15. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

:laff:

PS get rid of that crawly:mad:

Monkeyjoe likes this.
  16. Wild Bill

WalkingAnt.gif ..OK.:tea:

oedbachgen likes this.
  17. Wild Bill

Just a heads up update on the Webley Nemesis.

I can tell you that this is my most powerful CO2 pistol. With Trophy greens (lightweight alloy pellets) I have chrono'd this at an actual 460 fps today. I really rate this pistol. It is ideal for plinking and close paper target work. Now I need a small lightweight silencer/moderator for it. This afternoon I spent a good few hours and quite a few co2 caplets with this pistol and I can't fault it really.

Love it.

Finnthedude likes this.
  18. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging led me'..

Yup I tried to squash it with my finger 1st time I seen it, I thought wtf lol..

PS Nice review Bill :thumb: Enjoy..

Wild Bill likes this.
  19. Roger G

Roger G Well-Known Member

Been thinking about a Nemesis for a while and after reading your review I took the plunge. I saw one pop up on Freeads and contacted the seller who was only 30 mins drive from me. He is a great guy and a gun fanatic, so I spent about 90 minutes with him looking at his guns and chatting. The Nemesis was bought new in May this year, but he decided it was superfluous to requirements. It is in excellent condition, unmarked and I tried it on his mini range. Cost me £80 which I considered an excellent deal and I shot it for the first time at the club last night. Very powerful, feels about the same power as my 2240. Just need to dial in the red dot, although it was pretty good on the open sights at 20 yards. Weight and balance feels nice and I am going to enjoy shooting it. Thanks for tipping me over the edge Bill:) I'll be getting rid of my newly acquired Artemis CP400 which comes nowhere near the Nemesis for quality and power.

Roger

Wild Bill likes this.
  20. Wild Bill

Nice one Roger. The Nemesis is a very underrated co2 pistol. Just waiting for a 11mm to picatinny adaptor for my red dot that I will be fitting to mine. :up:

P1020870.JPG

P1020879.JPG

Roger G and PBaz Barrett like this.