1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Walther Rm8 Rotex In .22 (full Review) Must See!!!!

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by www.Air-Gun-Channel.com, Sep 5, 2020.

1. www.Air-Gun-Channel.com

www.Air-Gun-Channel.com Engaging Member

[​IMG]

Hey guys! If you only saw one of my videos in your life, this is the one I would want you to see. The Walther RM8 represents the best value in airgunning, if accuracy is your ultimate goal. This gun shoots long range groups with ease that most $1500+ guns struggle to achieve. Fully regulated German made perfection for the price of a Hatsan! PCP's don't get much better than this…at ANY price.

Like to hunt or pest? This gun and the JSB Hades .22 cal are a match made in heaven. This RM8 Rotek (the Rotex in EU) full review video will give you an up close look at Wather's flagship PCP rifle. Thanks for watching! -Nate

If this gun peaks your interest but you only want to spend $300, the best Co2 rifle ever created uses many of the same parts. It's almost a carbon copy of the RM8. Dime size groups at 35 yards and Nickle size groups a 50 yards with a Co2 gun!

…the Hammerli 850 Air Magnum full review:

2. Glockwomble

Glockwomble Official Forum Glockwomble

:laff: PCPs don't get much better than this! :laff:

foxtrott, Gat Man, Rat reaper and 4 others like this.
  3. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I await with bated breath Cloverleaf's reaction and comments to this thread/video after he's finished frothing at the mouth that is.;):D

Mitchelise, foxtrott, WR14210 and 7 others like this.
  4. Meal Dot

Meal Dot Posting Addict

Somewhere in the distance, I can hear a cannon being loaded........:laff:

foxtrott, WR14210, Dr B and 2 others like this.
  5. ukzero1

ukzero1 Posting Addict

Nr. Pontefract. West Yorkshire. BASC member
    Here we go again. I have the RM8 myself and cannot fault it's accuracy day or night. Here's mine with the Pard NV007 fitted.

100_1827.JPG

Right, I'll just grab some popcorn and watch with interest.

popcorn.gif

6. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Yep it doesn't matter what gun it is as long as you're happy with it and it does the job you use for then that's all that matters. There are some guns that some people rave over but if i was given a new one the first thing i'd do is chop it in for something i like.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    ukzero1 likes this.
  7. Mortimer

Mortimer Pro Poster

LOL:D

8. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

To be fair the barrels on these seem like decent quality (other than the one I saw that looked like it'd been pulled through with barbed wire, but that could have been the owner's doing).

Probably the only bit of the gun worth having mind...

9. Bozz

Bozz Posting Addict

Oh that was very anticlimactic of you Mr leaf I was expecting more , you must be starting to like the RM8 please tell me me when you are going to purchase one for your collection.
    Graham.

cloverleaf likes this.
  10. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

:finger::)

SlugFest and Glockwomble like this.
  11. Stevie432

Stevie432 Member

I'm a fairly new RM8 owner, in fact I joined this is forum about a week after I bought it (wrong way round, I know) and was immediately terrified by quite how much they divide opinion on here. I thought I might have bought myself a lemon.

A couple of months and a few of tins of pellets later I've decided that it's.... fine. Mostly.

You get what you pay for in all things, and some days I think I got quite a lot for my money. It just turns out that £400 is SFA when it comes to PCPs... I don't regret buying it, I wanted my first PCP and my budget was limited so here we are... I'll just keep knocking over squirrels and saving my pennies for that HW100.

My question, however, is this: Why did all the airgun magazines have such an enormous lump in their pants about this rifle when it came out? I read absolutely glowing reviews on airgunshooting, airgunmagazine and gunmart, which pretty seriously influenced my choice to buy one. None of them drew attention to the things that are pretty obviously not that great about it (even to a non-expert, such as me). Was it just that that it was, spec-wise, so far ahead of anything in the price bracket that they were all just blown away by the supposed value for money? Was it the extra-shiny marketing campaign that Walther seem to have splashed out on? Or are some shooting journalists just in the pocket of ze Germans?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Bozz likes this.
  12. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Yep, it’s the best PCP innnnnnn the world - honest - I really is........

Cough!

Glockwomble likes this.
  13. Glockwomble

Glockwomble Official Forum Glockwomble

I had one, sold it and would sooner own a spud gun in the future. :thumb:

Nords, Andy_J and mikeyhall1 like this.
  14. mikeyhall1

I agree mate, and shockingly Walther are dropping all their spring guns now so all they really have is the RM8.....

Glockwomble likes this.
  15. mikeyhall1

PS - forum award for most “tags” used :D

Glockwomble likes this.
  16. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

WELL...
    ive had 200 sets of reg seals for them a month ago,now im down to 160
    me,i love them
    if it werent for the RM8 ide have a lot less guns in my collection :)

17. ukzero1

ukzero1 Posting Addict

Nr. Pontefract. West Yorkshire. BASC member
    Can sum it up in one word...accuracy. I have the RM8 in .22 and it's more acccurate than some guns at 3 times the price. Yes, it's a 'lump' to carry about. but when rested on a bipod or similar, the results speak for themselves. Here's what mine did at 25 yards using Air Arms Diablo Field pellets. The last bull was a 'flyer', a wonky pellet.

Rotex RM8.JPG

There's also a vid on Youtube with Si Pittaway (Vermin Hunters) using one on a weekend competition using an RM8, he won the competition.

18. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

The mags give favourable reviews on everything because they don't want to lose advertising income.

19. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun Enthusiast

lol Spud guns are better quality. :thumb::D

20. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Nothing wrong with that AT ALL. I dont think there has ever been doubt about the accuracy of it. Its just that its not a popular gun.

Paulsgt likes this.