1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Air Gun Bipod

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Clubshot, May 28, 2014.

1. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

http://javelinbipod.com/

Come across tham at last Weeks Phoenix Meet

Magnectic Connection - so quick release

Light weight - But was asking £225.00 Direct

BOB/R

2. Hoodster

Hoodster Engaging Member

I like the idea but I can't believe that price :eek:

3. SniperSi

SniperSi Donator

looks good but i can see many people paying £225

4. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

I'm with Si chap, that is one silly price to be asking for two sticks and a hinge!!!:D

5. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

Wow I may have put one on all my rifles! No I'm quite happy with my snipersystems ones off the bay,they are very good quality and were £36 each:)

6. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

If you had to tab 25 miles carrying your kit your kit, and had the choice between a noisy, metal bipod or one of these to put on the bottom of your AXMC, or if you were a deer stalker on the hill, again having to carry the weight then the price is not even a consideration. A stalking guest who has paid out £2000 for a weeks stalking is hardly going to notice £225 spread over the next 10 years or so.

You need to start thinking much wider than just airguns - the military, police, professional stalkers, hunters in areas like the Yukon or the mountains of New Zealand...the Alps and Pyrenees even for Chamois, Ibex, the mountains of Hungary or the Urals for Ibex, Tahr...the Rockies for the sheep, elk.......where you will have a shot across a valley present itself at anything up to 1200 yards. That is the chance you have of filling your elk tag on the trip, you want the best chance of making the shot count and a price difference of £150 is not going to be a barrier, especially when you look at the extra features you get for that money. Lazzeronni ammunition is about £5 per round now, the hunting trip is £2000, the Scmidt & Bender scope is £1000, your rifle for the task is £1500...the flight is £800.

I think they will be very well received and the price will not be a barrier.

7. ratman60

ratman60 Pro Poster

hello, nice piece of engineering but i am sure a few good engineers on here might do there own ?????. i bought an USA design and made gadget called a squirell claw which fits the front bipod bolt and ideal for forest and woods hunters hence the name.

8. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

No I don't, cos I aint going to be doing any of those things:D

I think it's just hoping to be a bit of rich boys bling. What I do need to be thinking about is whether it's good value for money for me to be fixing to my air rifle. Like I said before, it's a lot of money for two sticks and hinge!

9. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

Did you make it? Or bought it in from USA...got any pictures ?

10. Accuspell

Accuspell Pro Poster

£150,000 is a lot of money for a piece of pipe and a steel block attached to a lump of wood...but people pay it.

11. GIRLYPANTS

GIRLYPANTS Banned

for gun snobs

wondering if its more suited for them daystate people :D

its made out of weapons grade balonium

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  12. 177

177 Donator

Others who have different requirements will look far more objectively.

There are always going to be more folks who will pay £50 for a scope than will pay £500, or £1500, but there are still people who can and will pay for good gear and, as Accuspell has pointed out, it's actually a tiny cost overall when averaged out during a lifetime of ownership and/or used between more than one gun.

I'm not a fan of bipods for all the reasons this one was created.

I bought an inexpensive .223 bolt action workhorse rifle the other day that had a bipod fitted. The first thing I did when I got the rig home is remove it - heavy, noisy, high faff factor and totally screws up the balance of the rifle for shooting offhand or kneeling.

I may not rush out and buy one of these, but I am going to look into it more, so thanks to the OP for posting the link - a very interesting piece of kit, to the right audience of course.

13. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

I think I was being very objective, It's just another bit of kit for rich boys to waste their money on, just a basically over priced bit of bling. If it was priced at a level whereby you weren't left thinking that somebody is taking the p**s, I might have summat different to say. As it is................

14. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Beats me why so many fall for it, but they do, time after time after time after time after time..............It's just the same as the "right badge in the car park" bolloix!:D

15. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

When you consider that it's only £110 more than a Harris bi-pod and it does look like a superb piece of engineering then I think the cost is justified, I'd like to see one 'in the flesh' to see if it's as good as it looks.

16. 177

177 Donator

OK, so ought we all to use the lowest common denominator in price for all of our kit ?

A mate of mine doesn't earn a huge amount but he buys high end shooting gear. He's anything but a snob - a proper, down to (salt of the) earth type and he saves for bloody ages to buy the gear he gets - sometimes for years.

Unsurprisingly he has a correspondingly high appreciated for his gear, once he is finally able to buy into it.

It appears these days that the more people are prepared to spend the more they qualify as a 'snob'.

I honestly don't understand it.

I hear it more and more, particularly in reference to Daystate air rifles.

If you're happy at one level, fine.

Shouldn't other people be allowed to be happy at another level without all the commentary ?

You could apply this across the board if you really wanted to:

"You paid how much for..."

Guns, scopes, clothes, vehicles, pens, pretty much anything.

Are we really at the "right badge in the car park" level ?

Seriously ?

In the interests of transparency can someone tell me where the line is drawn and who drew it ?

I'd hate to inadvertently stray into territory above my station.

A mate of mine recently bought a Diana springer and had high expectations of it. Lovely to look at, and perhaps the very worst springer I've ever shot for rattling your fillings loose.

Does buying into something like that qualify, given it's comparatively high asking price, especially in relative terms taking its overall performance into account ?

It's one thing if something isn't to someone's taste.

Another thing entirely to assume that anyone who may be interested is, by definition, something they are not.

If someone wants to buy into Daystate and can afford to, power to their arm and I hope they enjoy their purchase.

It's a pretty bad state of affairs when a bunch of airgunners start labelling other airgunners based on what they choose to buy into IMHO

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  17. r10hunter

r10hunter Honorary Member

If you are only going to use the bipod off of a bench at the air gun club maybe it is overpriced bling.

But if it allows you to swap quickly between a set of sticks and a bipod easily when out stalking, and you don't have the bipod legs in the way when walking with the gun then it's a good product for that person.

It is expensive, but know one says a word when an airgunner spends £1000 on a night vision system.
    Or a pigeon spends several thousand pounds on his decoying gear.
    Many people own quad bikes or 4x4s just for shooting they are expensive also.

If it helps someone's shooting then why not.
    Cheers Andy

18. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

If I had the cash, I would have one in a shot,

If you can afford then its not over priced:)

19. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Well I could afford to buy one, but I don't want to, because I would feel ripped off! In my opinion, it simply isn't value for money.

20. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Thinking about it I suppose you're right, the huggett PHUT is about £80 but I have seen the same thing made to the same standard for about a tenner!

Its probably double the price of most mods, but I wouldnt say it has double the effectiveness