1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

The Truth At Last

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Popgun, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Popgun

Popgun Post Whore

2. Baldalot

Baldalot Post Whore

:laff: :claping::claping: .........specially because that story had a happy conclusion.

BiggaJ likes this.
  3. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

:roflmao:

Now all we need is for the diving team to be honoured for saving the lads against all the odds ... true heroes IMO, worthy of the highest award, more so than many of the halfwits in this year's list who got a gong for things like donating nearly a million quid to the Tory party FFS :mad:

DRAGONBAIT666, SteveO and Baldalot like this.
  4. mike-carter

mike-carter Very Active

Just glad all were saved, err are you hearing this Mr Pickford? All were saved.:D

5. SteveO

SteveO Donator

That scenario made me feel ill watching it unfold just like the Chilean miners some years ago, it's one thing I wouldn't be able to cope with, being trapped in that tiny space.

I'd have needed all the Ketamine and a good smack over the head every time I woke if I was trapped in there, I don't know how they managed to hold their Censored together - I heard they knocked them out with Ket.

BIG Kudos to them and the rescuers, very sad about the Thai seal who died!

That football coach needs a good penalty kick in his gonads!

That hurts likes this.
  6. sidney

sidney Post Whore

Some kids did something really dumb, led by someone stupid, and a man died in the recue.
    Medals all round, eh?

7. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Should we have just left them to rot then ? :facepalm::mad:

Jesterdog likes this.
  8. Jesterdog

Jesterdog Donator

This is a prime example of why a dislike button is needed.
    The only dumb thing the kids did was to follow their coach. Someone who they would have trusted.
    Yes, in retrospect he was dumb to take them there, I assume without training, notifying others etc. But this is a different culture and possibly the caves were a common destination for outings. Regardless, the coach's actions will be investigated and probably action taken against him. Even if after an inquiry he is exonerated, for the rest of his life he will live with the knowledge of the result of his bad decision to go into the caves. The worst result being -
    A man died in the rescue - I hope he receives the highest posthumous award available and that his family are massively compensated for their loss.
    The rescuers are playing down their heroism, I still think they were heroes.
    I can only hope that if I find someone is in danger, that I will be prepared to expose myself to that same danger, in order to try to save them.
    Medals all round? No, but almost. Certainly many many people deserve high recognition for the good actions that were taken

9. sidney

sidney Post Whore

Not at all, but I bet the family of the dead rescuer are a tad miffed at all the jolly celebrations, while there's been hardly a mention of him since he died. Theres virtually nothing about him in the news. Ill stand by my cynicism while the rest are plotting a book deal and film rights.

plinkerton likes this.
  10. plinkerton

plinkerton Busy Member

Darwin Award almost for stupidity.

Poor sod died helping rescue them.