1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Sig Sauer M17 Co2 Air Pistol.

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Wild Bill, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast and voice of reason

Just a small and quick review of my latest acquisition, the Sig Sauer M17 pistol. A worthy addition to my armoury of co2 firearms.

[​IMG]

I have had quite a few blowback BB pistols and they are more realistic in operation but having sold all of them I have moved onto pellet firers.
    Now after doing some research into co2 blowback air pistols I came to the conclusion that the M17 was to be on my shortlist. It ticked all the boxes for my personal checklist.

1. It uses pellets (I only use pellet guns, no BB's)
    2. It has nice crisp and strong blowback
    3. It has the wonderful belt feed 20 round magazine
    4. It has white dot sights (I always prefer pistols to have painted dots on their sights)
    5. It is field strippable to an extent and I like that for cleaning.
    6. It looks good and feels good to me.

[​IMG]

The pistol is a nice weight and feels like the real thing according to reviews on tinterweb especially in the States. It looks damn nice to me and I especially like the cut away ejection port. Many modern co2 pellet blowbacks don't have that.

The M17 has a hefty jolt to the blowback that needs to be managed. Unlike a CP-88 or the likes of with no blowback, getting pellets to group requires practice just like the real thing. I remember training on the Browning Hi power when I was serving in the military and getting a group was damn hard due to the kick and using open sights but it was manageable after plenty of range time. These blowback pellet air pistols are no different. They require time, practice and consistent hold.

I like the way the M17 is constructed. I like the way it can be field stripped for maintenance like cleaning the barrel easily and clearing possible jammed pellets.
    The magazine holds 20 pellets in a belt which rotates very smoothly but is even better after I coated it in PTFE spray. It positively glides around now and makes the pistols double action trigger a lot better. The co2 cylinder iis pierced automatically when you close the lever and the whole magazine housing adds some weight to the grip housing and this balances the pistol very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I am really used to my cowboy SAA pistols for plinking in the garden and I normally don't shoot targets but I have decided to start doing more paper punching with all my co2 firearms. And I am enjoying it. For pistol shooting I normally shoot at roughly 8-10 yds at the paper targets and with my SAA's I can normally get a great grouping about the size of an old 50p coin and obviously it's much harder with a blowback pellet firer but I am not doing too bad and they are getting tighter. But at the moment using a combat grip stance and controlled firing I can at least put all rounds on target.:confused:;) Just.

[​IMG]

I am using Bisley Practice mostly but I decided to try a tin of my Field and target Trophy green pellets made from lighter alloy. They look nice and by goodness the seem to fly nicer too. Look at the difference between Bisleys and these Trophy's. I really like alloy pellets and wish they were cheaper.

[​IMG]

Now ironically for me, when I shoot fast the groups seen to be better for me than when I take my time and do single shots. I wrecked this target with 60 shots as fast as I could pull the trigger. That's mighty fine combat shooting if I don't say so myself......:ranger::) It would serve me alright in the zombie apocalypse. :thumb:

[​IMG]

I am enjoying my backyard plinking and target shooting more now than I have ever done. There is no pressure, just fun. And fun is what it's all about folks.

Thanks for reading.:up:

PS, I wonder what the next pellet firing blowback pistol will be for me........? PT-85? Glock 17? Umarex SA-10? The world is my oyster.

CaptDAR, 2506sendero, Oat and 8 others like this.
  2. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Nice review Bill, glad you got one. I believe the slide is actually steel as well but have not tried the magnet test.

Wild Bill likes this.
  3. stew87

stew87 Certified

Excellent review Bill, they do look good I've been looking for a co2 replica that looks and feels the part. Glad to hear your enjoying yours :D

Wild Bill likes this.
  4. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

I'd be extremely surprised if it's steel, they're usually cast zinc alloy.

5. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Yes I know, but I did read in a review that this one had a steel slide, I sold mine a while back so can’t test one myself. Perhaps Bill can confirm one way or another?

garryt likes this.
  6. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

Some reviews I'm sure are done by monkeys....;)
    I saw one recently where the reviewer said the slide on the pistol he was holding was plastic, but it's actually metal.

Douglas Soal likes this.
  7. Wild Bill

How would I know? I don't really care to be honest. :cool:

8. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

Aww,

C'mon Bill, surely you can find a magnet?.............:p

Wild Bill likes this.
  9. Wild Bill

Gotta fridge magnet from Hunstanton. Will that do? :thumb:

garryt likes this.
  10. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

Yep.....:D

11. Wild Bill

Just tried the magnet test. :up: I'm afraid you will have to test one yourself for the answer. :D

garryt likes this.
  12. garryt

garryt Engaging Member

Bleddy spoilsport.......:(

Wild Bill likes this.
  13. Patton

Patton Jack Reacher's big brother

Great review. I'm sorely tempted. It's close cousin, the P320, isn't strippable which put me off. Apparently stuck pellets are a mare. But this looks sweet, FDE is so tasty...

Wild Bill likes this.
  14. Wild Bill

This M17 is really powerful though. I tested it on a water melon today. Took some footage.............

ClearEagerLark-max-1mb.gif

15. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Great information on the Sig Sauer M17 with great photos to had to the information Wild Bill:thumb:.

16. oedbachgen

oedbachgen Top Poster

Nice shooting Wild Bill...………..:laff:

TR158 and Wild Bill like this.
  17. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging led me'..

Yep glad your enjoying it!.. Its a fun little shooter that rather addictive.. Good groups with this are very rewarding..

ps just put a drop of pellgun oil on the belt's, nice tip Bill.. Buttery smooth action now (trigger). Sould tighten my groups up!..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  18. Wild Bill

Thanks, I use PTFE spray on the belt. Smooth as a baby's bum. :thumb:

PS, been using it again today using Field & Trophy Green Alloy pellets and it's fantastic with these.

CaptDAR likes this.
  19. PBaz Barrett

PBaz Barrett 'I love slinging led me'..

Yes since lubing belt's, with trigger so good now I was able to achieve these result's at 10m also using your pellet of choice..
    IMG_1838.JPG

I have also picked up this super compact little Sig Sauer case. Nearly fits down me britches its so small..
    IMG_1845.JPG

All fits in lovely :thumb:..
    IMG_1847.JPG

As you say.. Its a great Replica.. Well worth a extra mag too. Not sure what FPS its doing with
    these H&N Greens, but produce great groupings.. :thumb:
    IMG_1855.JPG

Wild Bill likes this.
  20. dnasher

dnasher Active Member