1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Saga of the Missing Ebay Item

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Relgubmot, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

I bought two items of the same seller on ebay, both from China. Now, I accept that buying things from China normally means a month or more wait, which doesn't bother me. If I need it sooner, I buy from a UK seller. Simples.

This time, I was pleasantly surprised when the first item I bought arrived in less than a week! Bought on the 7th at about 11pm, and it arrived on the morning of the 14th. On the 8th I had ordered a 2nd as a friend decided he wanted one; I figured this would be here on the 15th, right? Wrong.. Now the 26th and nothing's arrived so I drop the seller a line to ensure it's definitely been sent, and if so, when. This was the reply.

AG009847915CN
    Respect of customer
    The tracking information above, I after the search display has sign for it
    Please contact with your neighbors and family, and query the local post office
    The sincere regards and thanks

Obviously this tracking number is useless to me, and I again asked when it was sent.

This reply next:

Respect of customer
    I will contact the post office and the query tracking information
    I hope you can understand, international transportation has a lot of instability
    Please believe that I help you solve the problem of the sincerity
    Thank you very much
    The sincere regards

This evening I received this:

Respect of customer
    I query the postal service in China
    They have to contact the post office
    we contacted the post office on your zip code and the carrier confirmed delivery to your address, so it appears the package may have been stolen. Since stealing mail is a United Kingdom Offense, we will be opening the necessary claim with the Britain Postal Inspector, aka the Postal Police. we should appreciate your cooperation when they contact you for your legal that the item was not received, which they will do as part of their investigation, since mail tampering and/or theft is punishable by stiff gives and/or hail time, and they are very serious about catching criminals who interfere with the nails. Please let us know after they have contacted you so we can follow up on our side. In the meanwhile, we will processes your Goods sent when we return to our office after the weekend.
    Sincere greetings and wishes

My reply was this rather annoyed retort:

That is potentially the biggest amount of tosh I have ever read. Allow me to correct your points below:

1. The post office in the UK is Royal Mail.
    2. Royal mail cannot track a China Mail tracking number.
    3. There is no such thing as the Postal Police.
    4. There is also no such thing as the British Postal Inspector.
    5. If a parcel in the UK is delivered and nobody is home, a card is left allowing the addressee to collect it from the sorting office. They DO NOT deliver to alternative addresses unless you have a previous arrangement. I do not.

Please, stop sending me ridiculous messages like this and answer my original and simple question; WHEN WAS THE ITEM SENT?

Wonder how long this will go on for, and whether I'll ever receive it?? I will update!!

2. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

The tracking number you quoted is a Royal Mail one and it shows this:

View attachment 93100

Forgive me if I missed something. For sure the signature looks a bit dodgy.

Looks like the tracking number is for the first shipment. I guess they owe you the number for the second order.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  3. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

WTF?? I didn't even think to look on the RM website, how can it be though? How could it be sent from China with a UK tracking number? That's no signature I've ever seen.. Plus I presume that would be for the one I received on the 14th...

4. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

I think you're right. I just edited my post above to reflect that. Our posts must have crossed.

5. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

Oh right, how can something be sent from China with a UK Royal Mail tracking number though? Seems a bit odd to me, dodgy signature, massively misspelt surname..

6. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

Time's wrong on your ipad BTW lol

7. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

Did you sign for the first delivery? I know how tricky it is to sign on those electronic handsets the pass across for us to scrawl on.

8. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

Nope, it came with the normal post no signature required, no UK postage label, just one of those chinese customs declarations

9. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

All a little odd. It seems that the Chinese can ship with a RM tracking number as they have provided it for the first shipment.

I guess things have perhaps gotten a little lost in translation. I'd see if they reply to your last message and, if not, I'd send another message explains to them that the supplied tracking number is for the first shipment and ask them for the number for the second order.

10. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

P.s. As frustrating as it might be, I'd perhaps lighten the mood of your next message. Don't forget they know where you live and the last thing you want is some of their Triad friends knocking on your door if you upset them.

:)

11. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

Fair point, I'm getting rather annoyed though, I've had about 6 messages and all that was needed was a reply to my first message saying 'yes, last week' lol

12. Mart61

Mart61 Pro Poster

I hope you took my post in the light hearted manner it was intended. I'm sure they will do the right thing by you. Who knows you may even get a second item out of it.

13. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

There is no continuity of tracking info between China Post and RM, if it hasn't arrived demand a refund, don't let them fob you off with crap like they have or promises to resend! The Chinese are masters of smoke and mirrors but for the most part very honest!

eBay rules have also changed now, you have only 30 days to make a claim from the estimated arrival date now instead of the old 45 day deadline! be warned some will try and string you along past the buyer protection date!

14. weebster

weebster Posting Addict

I sent an item back to china via international signed for which I tracked leaving this country and arriving in china,I was then able to track that item to delivery via china post.
    I think you can track from china via their postal system which then hands over to royal mail which should be trackable if it is that kind of service paid for.
    The trouble is a lot of the items are not logged in at RM's international sorting hub when they should be,they just treat them as standard mail,saves time etc.

15. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Might well be the case, I've had a few items from China supposedly tracked and not arrive, when eBay checked they discovered the sellers were inputting false tracking information into the INR case hoping to trick the eBay buyer protection system, eBay sussed them and refunded!

Like I said, I find Chinese sellers generally to be very genuine but as in every society there are always the bad apples.