1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Nhs Will They Look After You ??

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Scrinja, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Scrinja

Scrinja Et sic faciam Idiots

Was sent this clip and glad i am over here if this is going on in the UK
    Just Lost for Words really

2. allanthomas66

allanthomas66 Posting Addict

With due respect that is a 5 minute video of a single incident, in a single hospital ward. The context of which has not been properly explained.

I find it utterly insulting that you would generalise and insult our over stretched, under budgeted healthcare system in such a way as claiming they wont look after the citizens of the UK.

The fine people of this country rely upon the NHS to help overcome this killer virus, and they are doing their damndest night and day to do so.

I personally take my hat off to every member of our healthcare system for the job they do.

Finally this forum has been filled with kindness for members, terrified at the thought of losing loved ones to this virus.

Why spoil that with fearmongering about the NHS?

Jonny86, chivy, Qujaho and 25 others like this.
  3. Ramsay

Ramsay .... gone Plinking

Cold shivers...:facepalm:
    ...and also lost for words..

4. maz1

maz1 Engaging Member

this is not right , what are we all paying for , looks like they don't want to look after us.

5. Vangard

Vangard Busy Member

Without the NHS I know with out a doubt I would not be here now writing this.
    We are very lucky to have them and I for one thank them for what they've done for me.

Howard2, Sanguinius, NIVEA and 9 others like this.
  6. Ramsay

The video is shocking... and that was my initial reaction...
    however after reading the above, I have to agree AllanT
    These are distressing times and health services all around the world are stretched but hopefully doing the best they can..

ajs.59 and Johnphilip like this.
  7. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

Yet more scaremongering from you :facepalm:

I will echo what others are saying about how fantastic our NHS doctors and nurses are at this incredibly difficult time. My neighbour is a senior nurse at Norwich hospital and is working every hour . sends at the moment ... she is absolutely knackered and barely sees her husband and son, yet still has the consideration and decency in offering to buy personal essentials for my aged mum who lives with us as she can shop early due to her working status.

Please stop posting negative content especially as you aren't a UK resident with no real idea what it is like for the medical staff and vulnerable people over here :mad:

8. Jimmypie

Jimmypie AGF Leshiy rehoming service

And the NHS are glad you are not here too , one less person to deal with , good luck in Spain .

Qujaho, foxtrott, greyskull and 5 others like this.
  9. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

... which has a far higher incidence of infection and resultant death rate than the UK I believe.

10. Burden666

Burden666 Donator

If they'd have tested him (which is against government recommendation anyway, only those showing symptoms are tested iirc) it takes a while to get the results anyway.
    He'd have had to leave before results were in so couldn't have gone back to his dad..
    That was filmed on the 17th, he said someone died on Saturday which would have been the 14th.
    The death at an hospital in Wolverhampton was reported in the papers on the 10th.
    Can't find a newer report.

Putting an already stretched, and stressed, staff under more stress by being difficult achieves nothing.
    While his concerns were likely real, his demands weren't realistic.

Qujaho, Sanguinius and Vangard like this.
  11. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

We're rather glad you're not here as well. Dude.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
    Qujaho, greyskull, Burden666 and 2 others like this.
  12. Burden666

Burden666 Donator

Because Stone Cold said so

Austin 3:16

13. Lev Levvin

Lev Levvin BEAST OF BODMIN

NHS saved my life

six weeks intensive care

double pneumonia and heart failure

Asian consultant

east Euro nurses

I owe them my life

eternally grateful

Qujaho, Sanguinius, Felixlogs and 7 others like this.
  14. RobTaylor

RobTaylor Busy Member

Well I've watched the whole thing and I must be missing something here mate. All I see is a pain in the arse taking up a much needed hospital bed in the time of a serious crisis, whilst sucking the attention of 4 hospital staff that could be doing something more worth while than pampering to this guy who is adamant to film and slag off the people who are actually doing something about this problem we have.
    Have you ever worked in the public services and have had to deal with complete idiots and time wasters day in day out? And on top of that, have you ever had the pleasure to do it for crap pay, crap rest periods, poor job security, poor social and family life and in the face of danger in varying degrees, all whilst there are people who you are trying to help with the insufficient equipment and resources you have, treating you like Censored?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2020
  15. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Is posting this really constructive? This video is of minimal value without wider context, but based on what's recorded the patient arguably has a point but seems belligerent, selfish, ungrateful and unwilling to accept that the world doesn't revolve around him.

It's a ridiculous generalisation to suggest that this is indicitive of the NHS as a whole and I think it's grossly unfair to denigrate our healthcare service in this way given that it's chronically under-funded, under-staffed and lacking in resources yet those on the ground continue to risk their own health to help others.

Staff are over-worked, under-paid, under-valued and now expected to essentially save the entire country from this almost unprecedented threat while carrying the same concern for themselves and their loved ones as the rest of us, but with the additional strain of being worked into the ground and recognising that they run a greatly increased risk on infection for the previledge of caring for others.

Pointless, unfair and largely unfounded fearmongering IMO.

Qujaho, pbrown, Taz72 and 10 others like this.
  16. Ramsay

I say delete it...free up some server space for decent threads in these distressing times..
    lets spread some good karma..
    Be well everyone!!:up:

17. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

To be fair it doesn't break forum rules, discussion has been measured and it seems that most on this thread are coming out in support of the NHS so I see no reason to bin it currently.

18. no country members

no country members Tooled up tool

I unexpectedly ended up in A&E in January (although I don't suppose anyone 'expects' to end up there!) anyway I was there for about 8 hours although I did not get bored as they were kind enough to keep me occupied during the day with many tests/scans/X-rays/needles/pins/fingers etc. etc. :eek: let's just say it was a 'memorable day! :D Anyway what I can say is that you do get a feeling that you are being 'processed' rather than 'cared' for but it's also true that there are some VERY noisy and apparently ungrateful patients appearing with too much regularity.

It's amazing the difference that subtle choice of words, tone of voice, eye contact and body language can make when communicating. Often it's more how you say something rather than the message you are delivering that matters. For example on the day I was in hospital there were at least 2 or 3 occasions where I was taken to a room and had a 'test' performed after which the healthcare professional left the room to 'speak to the consultant' just leaving me there alone which was fine until a few minutes later another nurse would appear apparently not expecting me to be in the room - now the difference - some nurses simply blurt out 'what are you doing here? You should not be here. You need to go back to the waiting room.' whereas at least one started the conversation 'Oh hello there what's your name? Who is looking after you? Would you be able to take a seat over here and I'll make sure someone comes to collect you when we're ready for you again? :thumb:

This can make the difference between feeling like you are being processed or actually being cared for and can also be the difference between whether a situation escalates or diffuses. The example in that video could have been prevented imo even if the bloke was a d1ck there was little attempt made to engage him properly and diffuse the situation. Avoiding conflict is in the best interests of the staff too as it will usually burn less of their time overall.

They could have said OK let's get that out of your arm first and get you comfortable and then we'll discuss your request to be tested. Yes he may still have kicked off later when they explained that he did not meet the criteria at this stage but at least the cannula they were trying to remove would have been out at that point. It's like everything in life though when the pressure is cranked up the cracks start to show and everyone's weaknesses come out to play! ;)

Stay safe and respect each other! :D

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Ramsay likes this.
  19. Sutty

Sutty Engaging Member

So the OP thinks that someone relatively low risk, with presumably no symptoms of Covid19 should have a test because he wants one, when the testing capacity is limited, thus potentially denying or slowing results of tests we really need to be able to manage patients properly!
    There are sensible guidelines in place as to who/when to test, and efforts ongoing to ramp up testing capacity and turnaround time.

20. Hunter 001

Hunter 001 Donator

The video doesn’t say anything, he wanted to be tested which is currently available only under certain criteria because there is no enough testing for everybody, this is a global problem.
    NHS staff works under extreme pressure putting their own life at risk.
    There is critical shortage of PPE and only in UK NHS staff have access only to simple surgical mask and plastic simple aprons to deal with both confirmed and suspected cases of Corona while other health workers wearing long gloves, full body gown and special face mask.
    8% Health workers in Italy became infected and several of them died. Two of our ENT consultant in UK on ventilator as we speak.
    NHS is our front line against this pandemic.
    NHS saved my son life when he was little, he is now 14 year old.

chivy, nevadacowboy, Ramsay and 3 others like this.