1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The new Webley Typhoon (a warning!)

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by EX Mod Cog, May 24, 2008.

1. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Thought I should put this review up (it's more of a warning) about the Webley Typhoon, short and sweet.

Good Points

Comes standard with dovetail grooves

Bad Points

Ridiculous weight
    Excessively front heavy
    Parts don't fit together
    Badly fitting plastic grips makes it painful to hold
    Cocking aid bends with use
    Open sights are poor
    Bad safety design

General Comments

There is nothing good about the Webley Typhoon that I can think of - and there are certainly no reasons to ever go out and buy one, because this pistol really is terrible, and it brings shame to the Webley name.

The Typhoon is without doubt the heaviest and largest pistol I have ever handled - it's very hard to hold out at arms length for anything longer than five seconds, and even if you manage this, the chances of hitting the target are small because of the poor open sights - I could barely hit a tin can from 10 yards with this pistol. As a result, fitting a red dot sight or pistol scope is essential - but this will add to the weight, making the Typhoon even more impossible to use. There is one logical way around this - fit a bipod - but this isn't something that should be done with a pistol - especially one of such low power - at around 3.5 ft/lbs the Typhoon only packs half the legal power punch in .177.

And as if the weight isn't enough to make shooting the Typhoon impossible ... there are the grips which, like 90% of the rest of the gun, are made from a cheap, nasty plastic - They also have finger grooves designed to fit the hands of a small baby.

The cocking aid - after no more than about thirty shots it starts to bend - presumably because it's made from a cheap resin plastic - no doubt from the other side of the world as this is how Webley go about things these days.

The safety catch ? Again, terrible ...

I won't cover every point in detail but you get the message - the Typhoon is a very bad product and I would not recommend it to anyone.

If you're looking into getting one then please take my advice, along with what others have said about this pistol and don't get one - instead I would suggest the older and much better Webley Hurricane or Tempest models.

There you have it - the new Typhoon - Webley's biggest mistake. What an awful gun!

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I agree with cog i've been defending the webley guns on here a lot recently but i have a typoon and it is rubbish :down:

3. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Thanks jamjon, I wasn't unlucky enough to buy one, I've just used one, never want to pick it up again.

4. jamjon

jamjon Posting Addict

I won mine fortunatly if i'd paid for it i'd have been p****d off

5. Vulcanator

Vulcanator Engaging Member

Cognition,

Webley Typhoon Test: Gun is a piece of Censored-don't buy it!:down:

6. Boshy

Boshy Newbie

I'm glad I saw this thread last week as I was just about to hand over my hard earned reddies for one...this thread changed my mind and I opted for the Beeman 2004... and I love it!!!...this is the first time I have shot a pneumatic and I was really chuffed with it...so much so that in the two days I've had it I have put close to 700 rounds through it but unfortunately it appears to have sprung a little "gas leak"...when I get to the end of the charging movement it has started to let out a little "pssst" just before it closes????...has this happened to anyone else?? I'm disappointed because I really love this little gun...

7. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I've opened a new thread for comments on the Beeman 2004, so this one stays more on topic.

8. simply james

simply james Banned

the old ones are always the best

9. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

My local and best gunshop said it was a pile of Censored:down:

10. Comp

Comp Engaging Member

Dont sugar the pill, Hughie,... just say what you mean,,,!!! :D:D:D:D

11. hughie

hughie Posting Addict

I didnt day it was my local gunshop owner who did :D

12. bucky

bucky Busy Member

too right

i agree,,,theyre the same size and weight as a house,,,i knew a guy who threw his away in disgust

13. noluv6

noluv6 Engaging Member

Well done you.
    Tell it how it is.

14. adesaxo

adesaxo Active Member

''

i bought one of these about a year ago an sent it back twice i thought it had a few problems because i couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards well not in the middle anyway in the end i got my money back it was a big disappointment as i am a big fan webley.

well you know what they say if a bloke never made a mistake he made f##k all. Ade.

15. MoggyM

MoggyM FLM

16. Q__C

Q__C Hiding From The Wife

Sounds great !! Is there a waiting list do you know ?

Thanks for the warning

17. Geordiedan

Geordiedan Busy Member

Holy necrothread batman :eek::D

rmcn82 likes this.