1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The National Anthem

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Peter Norris, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Peter Norris

Peter Norris Posting Addict

What are your feelings regarding [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] declining to sing the National Anthem at the Battle of Britain memorial service yesterday?
    The thought of him becoming PM gives me the horrors.
    Peter

2. resnikov

resnikov Busy Member

Ok he's for a republic but it's still the national anthem of the country he is a citizen of so should sing it.

If he doesn't like it that it mentions the monarchy he can get that changed when he's in power

I see it as a sign of disrespect to the all the people who served for our armed forces during the second world war.

3. harry brown

harry brown Banned

I posted about this on tinmans thread yesterday. Me, I'd like to see him dragged to the gutter and dispatched. He is of absolutely no benefit to this country or it's British Citizens.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  4. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

I quite agree with Mr Brown.
    The scumbag should be publicly humiliated. It is utterly disrespectful. It proves just how petty and pathetic a man he is, that he let's his poncy politics over ride common decency and respect for the real men who fought. Without those guys and girls, he wouldn't have a chance to be a lefties, as there would be no freedom of speech, no 'democracy' ( ha ha) and he would have been executed years ago as soon as he started to turn left.
    It's not a matter of politics, it's a matter of respect. And that, to me, shows a complete lack of respect. The man is a disgrace.

5. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Harry here! This scruff is not fit to be called an MP, He is a disgrace to British politics, His ideals on wanting to get rid of our country's defence systems reek!!! The man is obnoxious and totally unelectable!!!!!

6. BillyBremner

BillyBremner Banned

God refusing to save the Queen after Jeremy [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] didn’t ask nicely

The Almighty God has today announced he will no longer save the Queen because Jeremy [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] didn’t sing a nice song asking him to.

God has taken steps after new Labour leader Jeremy [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] refused to sing a song to an entity he doesn’t believe exists, about a woman whose job he thinks shouldn’t.
    Speaking through his representative on earth, God told reporters, “Look, I exist, I know that, and now so do you, so I’ll just continue to look after those who plead to be protected, and those who please me.”
    “Which is why we have prayers and songs and stuff, so you can ask me nicely to save you from me killing you. If you ask really nicely you get to live forever like all those people I made immortal.”
    “No, I can’t name one of those people off the top of my head right this second.”
    “Anyway, seeing as this [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] fellow didn’t sing that song, I don’t see why I should continue to save the Queen for you mortal peasants?”
    “I’m not saying I’m going have her struck by lightning or anything, but if I was her I wouldn’t go crossing any busy roads this week.”
    Monarchists have supported God’s position, claiming that perpetual pleas to an omnipotent deity are the only things keeping her alive.
    Royal family supporter Simon Williams told us, “I heard what God had to say, so if the Queen dies in the next few weeks, just remember whose fault it is.”
    “Jeremy ******* [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules].”
    “Well, unless Charles has a flaky alibi, obviously.”

7. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Bellend springs to mind

8. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

On a side note, our national anthem is rubbish isn't it? So long and droney. We should change it.

9. carper

carper Engaging Member

absolutely disgusting and disrespectful

10. Pete236

Pete236 Big Poster

That depends on who is setting the speed, the volume and the key it is sung in.With the full trumpet fanfare and a full band playing it, and at a decent tempi, it's a beautiful piece of music and really stirs the blood.

11. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

12. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

I'd like to see the National Anthem replaced by 'Jerusalem' that really stirs my blood!

13. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

I was utterly shocked and appalled that JC didn't sing along with the Queen's song.

I never thought [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] would sink so low.

I was told as a child: better to keep your mouth shut and have peopl think you are an idiot than open it and remove all doubt. Poor JC doesn't do stealth, does he?

Ladies and Gentlemen, you ain't seen nothin yet.

God save the Queen and crazy [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules]!

14. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

So far [Politics are banned - read the Forum Rules] has Refused to sing the National Anthem, appointed a vegan as agriculture minister and run over a camera man. No doubt we'll be getting more gems as the days pass.

Really enjoying this new approach to politics. Wonder what else we can look forward too.

Declaring war on France?
    Bringing back hanging?

...although he is anti HS2 so not all bad.

15. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

What???!!!

Are you in the WI?

Grow a pair man!

16. harry brown

harry brown Banned

[video=youtube;UQ0oCmDXrVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ0oCmDXrVk&list=RDUQ0oCmDXrVk#t=0[/video]

OR

[video=youtube;THYgeETrkPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYgeETrkPs&index=2&list=RDUQ0oCmDXrVk[/video]

17. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent Lagerfanny

I'd choose 'We Are The Champions' by Queen for the national anthem.

A good solid British song that would be great for rubbing in the face of other nations and making Britain even less popular overseas.

Also it isn't named after a city in the Middle East.

Land of Hope and Glory? I'd rename it Land of Welfare, Health and Safety.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  18. Dag

Dag Very Active

The odd thing is that half the sportsmen who represent their country in international events appear not to be singing their anthem...and that includes quite a few English ones too. Strange that the media and public never comment on that! :rolleyes:
    Dag

19. harry brown

harry brown Banned

You'd only choose Queen "we are the champions" because that's the only CD you have!

20. kermitboy1

kermitboy1 Banned

This just goes to highlight how much of a plonker he really is, and just how out of touch he actually is with the majority of people within our country. I say let him carry on. Least this way, other miss informed people may see how much of an idiot he actually is. The other parties must be laughing their heads off. KB1