1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Lychen

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by hamza, Nov 4, 2019.

1. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Another little project that has finally been finished off. This was one however that I never really meant to start and was a bit of an accident. Often people compare their guns to kids, well this one would be the unwanted pregnancy...

Anyway, pictures!

3F74A7B9-E03D-48C8-BFA0-26B10399CBC5.jpeg 83641501-B643-4618-88CE-0EC6796B734B.jpeg 02FE0870-964C-479F-B93A-53CEAD77CF11.jpeg E99BEE9A-1230-4A1F-9890-A52BF2785E00.jpeg CDF7EFBD-02BE-45E7-A633-B5B49BD1E422.jpeg F0E681D0-6156-4CC3-AF03-F9C9405BC9CB.jpeg

It’s a Weihrauch HW100KT, or at least that’s how it started life... it now sits in a rifle length CS800 stock with a rifle length 250bar HW100Tuning titanium cylinder and Airfective single stage Matt black shroud. Its been tuned and setup by @HW100Tuning too. Scoped up with a Hawke Sidewinder TAC30 4-14x42. There’s a Rowan Engineering trigger and the stock was refinished by @nath92 .

I originally bought this when looking for donor guns to create Bumble Bee and Hornet and also looking for a PCP for my nephew for his birthday. My nephew liked a full length HW100 I had bought which eventually became Bumble Bee and I thought the KT version might suit him, so I put in an offer to the seller and we negotiated a bit... and eventually came to a deal.

In the mean time though with the help of AGF we found a better PCP for my nephew and a great example for sale, which I bought. I had already agreed to buy the 100KT though and so i kept my word and bought that too. This was the first mistake.

I knew I would another need another HW100 though for Hornet which I had already started but had yet to acquire an action for, but really it needed a full length not carbine. I decided to not try and swap barrels and just buy another HW100 with a view to probably just selling this one on later or keeping it as a standard KT. This was the second mistake.

Now all this time I had this gun, I had yet to even put a pellet through it. I finally got around to putting it over the chrono, and yikes it was putting out close to 14ft-lbs. I contacted the seller and he did offer to take it back but I decided to keep it and sort out the power issue. Mistake number three! I should have just sent it back.

Instead I packed it up and sent it off to the nice people at @HW100Tuning to sort out the power.... and while it was there I figured it would be silly not to have them tune it...

While it was off getting fettled I had also acquired the donor gun that was to go on to become Hornet. This was a rifle length HW100 but came sat in a CS800 stock. The idea had been I’d sell the CS800 and recoup a bit more money than a standard stock. For one reason or another though at the time I ended up quite liking the CS800 and wondered if I could keep it somehow.

And so I ended up buying a HW100Tuning rifle length titanium cylinder and Airfective single stage shroud to make the KT fit into the full length CS800.

Sadly, upon further investigation and testing at HW100Tuning, they found that gun was only producing spreads of 25fps, which turned out to be the barrel missing a choke. Mel offered to not go though with the Ti cylinder to keep costs down or just return it as is, but I decided to plough ahead and asked them to replace the barrel (see, mistake two, I could have just kept this one to create Hornet and didn’t need to buy another rifle if I was going to swap the barrel anyway!)

And so that’s how I ended up with my parts bin special mace from two old guns and various new bits, and hence the name Lychen. A tarted up derivation of lichen (which is a hybrid) to make it look a bit cooler.

A few more pictures of it being put together

C76A8F90-42D6-4928-A2C7-E4C6E278F08E.jpeg 85F1E8E9-4C24-43F1-803F-3A9A9740480B.jpeg C7850724-2788-45C0-8B40-11826A230A4F.jpeg F2AE29BB-AC8F-4CF0-96C4-5212AE0207E8.jpeg D4228A7C-0673-4A37-945A-FD85AF22ADD1.jpeg

So there we have it, it’s now shooting at 11.8 ft-lbs with a 7fps variation. Had it’s inauguration yesterday plinking with my nephews and one of them who is a die hard springer only fan was converted and likes it rather a lot. Preferred it to Bumble Bee in fact.

Me personally, I’m a bit meh on it now. It’s not as nice and doesn’t fit as well as the other recent creations, I find the cheek comb a bit low to be honest and it’s not as nice to shoulder as Hornet and that’s still in development. Not too sure what to do with it, little point in selling as I wouldn’t recoup much on it.

The Robin, paulairgun, Wofty and 10 others like this.
  2. Marky-Boy

Marky-Boy Just The One + 1

Cool Story and now look at the bad boy
    That’s a Keeper

hamza likes this.
  3. Hopalong

Hopalong Busy Member

Stunning.

hamza likes this.
  4. HW100Tuning

HW100Tuning Straight Pride

Nice - another one for the Gallery :up:

5. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Already emailed Mel a link to this!

6. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Posting Addict

Lovely ! A 100kt is on my very long wish list , really like the cylinder & shroud combo , it looks a great balance .

I do reckon that Optisan would look much better on this though :p:cool:

Marky-Boy and hamza like this.
  7. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Hmm maybe. But I far prefer the Hawke Sidewinder.

I’ll probably end up selling the Optisan to be honest.

Jimmypie likes this.
  8. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

I like that, that's nice and what a good outfit HW100Tuning are, great product and good to deal with..

Ray

wsnaith, HW100Tuning and hamza like this.
  9. Bunny-on-Bunny

Bunny-on-Bunny Engaging Member

Nice mistaka to make buddy, my bloopers this year total enough to buy 5 1/2 s/h minty HW100...
    Rescue dog = 1 off HW100 worth of home damage in less than 2hrs in 1 day.
    Rescuing my Cleo Cup = 4 1/2 HW100 worth of electronics damage due to a lost key and attempted immobiliser bypass by a crettin.
    I suppose the bright side is it came home for £60.

hamza likes this.
  10. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Nice set up, im particularly interested in the shroud, does it do a good job on taking the bark out the muzzle report?

I have a similar set up on a KT and I'm looking for a quieter solution up front[​IMG]

The Robin and Jagdwaffen like this.
  11. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Yes it does. I was actually quite surprised at how quiet it is as I was expecting it to be louder.

I didn't do any side by side comparisons with anything but was without hesitation back garden friendly and I doubt it would be a problem hunting... but I don't hunt so wouldn't like to say for sure.

Very similar noise levels to the standard HW moderator I'd say.

If needed I can check more accurately against a HW110 with a standard HW mod and a HW100 with a Huggett Shroud later. Might be the weekend before I can get to that though.

lone wolf likes this.
  12. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Thanks for that it sounds ideal for my needs as it's my hft/hunting gun

The only thing that I would have to take in to consideration is the overall diameter of the shroud

as I'm running a standard hw100 rifle length cylinder the gauge end being slightly bigger, i presume you new hw100 cylinder is the same overall diameter as the original?

This would make my hw100 complete and I can then finish the other HW or the rapid

13. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Yes the HW100Tuning cylinder has the exact measurements as the standard HW unit and the Airfective Shroud should fit just fine with it.

lone wolf likes this.
  14. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Thank you for that, I'm rather excited now

Drake267 likes this.
  15. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

No problem.

They sell the Shroud in matt black and carbon finishes. I opted for matt black but it's worth noting that doesn't match the black on the HW100 block if you're picky about that. With Lychen I just couldn't be bothered anymore but with Hornet (details to come soon) I didn't like it and went a different way.

Of course you can always go with a Carbon finish is you like that.

lone wolf likes this.
  16. TR158

TR158 Posting Addict

As you say Hamza, it is rather 'meh' a bit of a pig in fact and you're right, you'll never hope to recoup your outlay. I could do with another 100 variant. Gooooo ooooon then, £500 and I'll relieve you of your heart ache

Seriously nice effort Hamza. I suppose you feel the way you do beacuse of how it came about and sort fell together, but it really is a genuinely handsome rifle. I'd hang on to it and see if it grows on you. Obviously you'll lose something if you decided to sell but I think it would still attract a decent price given the quality of the parts and the build

hamza likes this.
  17. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

Enjoy it matey

hamza likes this.
  18. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

Thanks. I'd be in no hurry to sell it I think and unless I got a very good offer on it I'd hang on to it even if its just to let my nephew have use of it when he wants since it seems to have converted him to the dark side of PCPs!

Who knows I may end up liking it myself too.

TR158 likes this.
  19. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

That's a cracker matey....really nice, should bring your years of pleasure that :thumb:

20. HW100Tuning

HW100Tuning Straight Pride

TR158 likes this.