1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

the last few days has been out of control

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by clabby, Jul 4, 2008.

1. clabby

clabby Banned

as I'm shore most of you are aware there was a joke that turned sour a few days ago that involved myself, Andy, A1 and jammy. now it had escalated a bit from a joke. about us hunting A1 and using .22 pellets as bait on the welsh border. then the joke was put a side and A1 put a video link on the chat box. which involed self defense it was a stupid video but it in voled pulling a gun out on the attacker which Andy and jammy took offense to as it was a bit of a kick in the love spuds. as A1 had been talking about us shooting him. at this point i left as as i thought was getting a bit to niggly and was past my bed time:rolleyes: to witch i am not mentioned on the letter A1 asked me to post the other day.

it was a joke that went to far on both sides. and there has been a bit of a atmosphere. we have not set a example to the new members that have joined and possibly put new people off.

so i would like to say sorry to every one for our behavior.

and rockabilly i have no idea why you were mentioned in A1's letter. like you said on the post i put up for A1. most of us are into fishing or music or computer games. so i am sorry he had put that. it was a bit out the blue .

BUT WE ARE A AIR GUN COMMUNITY WE SHARE THE LOVE OF THE SPORT BUT TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT NOW AND AGAIN MAKES A CHANGE!!!!

thanks
    clabby

2. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Unfortunately a1's decided not to come back, I think just to make a point or something. He told me the forum was crap on MSN, I knew he was leaving the forum before that post was put up.

This is a bad thing to happen - I think it was uncalled for knowing what I do now, that said I wasn't involved with the whole thing.

Some people would say it's better without a1, some want him back - whatever happens ... well done people :clap2:

3. clabby

clabby Banned

A1 had been digging into andy which triggered the hole thing off

4. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Clabby, I'll thank you for your post, but that was only the last straw as far as Andy was concerned and had that been the only thing A1 had done I'm sure it would have gone almost unnoticed. The fact is he had been baiting Andy for a long time and he'd just had enough. Over the past couple of months Andy has contacted me privately on several occasions to talk over what should be done about A1 and it's probably down to me that things actually got as bad as they did. My advice to Andy was to just ignore A1 where ever possible and try not to take what he wrote to heart. I hind sight this might not have been the best course of action, earlier intervention may well have stopped the rot sooner and it wouldn't have come to this now. You can rest assured though, the responsibility for A1 leaving does not rest on your shoulders, many of us knew how things were going and did nothing till it was too late.

5. clabby

clabby Banned

thanks buzz i had noticed A1 had been digging at Andy since i joined the forum but our actions were not rely acceptable on both sides. so i wonted to say sorry to every one :up:

mabe there is a lesson to be lernt here?

6. Buzz

Buzz Banned

There is...don't put off till tomorrow, someone you can ban today !!! LOL

7. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

:D:D:D:D.....:cool: Nice one Buzz,that made me laugh :)

8. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

Steve wants to be a moderator so he can ban Andy Hawke for nicking his high scores on the arcade :moo: :D:D

9. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I could do that if the price is right MOO !! LOL

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  10. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

How about half a tin of Spitfire pellets :cool:

11. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Done !! How long a ban do you need ??

12. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Only a short one,about 10 minutes would be good :up: I would miss the old b****r if it was any longer :D:D:D

13. MOO

MOO Keyboard Hero

long enough for us to get master checkers back :D :moo:

14. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

no chance, hehehe,....now 15min you just might:D

15. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I wasn't really gonna ban you Andy...just flushing your enemies out ...honest !!

16. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

l know mate;)

17. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Andy you have PM about banning Buzz for me.(you already have the pellets)
    Make it six years please ;)

18. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Awe, 6 years at my age....I'll be dead by then..that's not fair...I'm not playing now !!:(:(

19. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

Ban is now lifted,it was only whilst you were asleep.you are back on again but please behave yourself in future :D:D:cool:

20. sigee

sigee Well-Known Member

You guy's have got it so easy on here and I will tell you why.
    I was recently banned from another airgun bbs as Im sure some of you are aware and oh boy was I treated badly.
    I stuck a few bits up for sale and lost access to the sales section,so I pm'd a mod and asked why,he had no idea and returned my access.I stuck another item up for sale and again lost access to sales again no explination so this time I decided to put a thread up asking for an explination as I honestly didnt know what I had done wrong.....Then all hell broke loose.Anyway to cut a long story short I was told what I had done wrong,I apologised and did what was asked of me to put it right and then I was kicked off the whole board and as soon as that happened I was insulted and lies were said about me.
    having read through some of the things going on here I think your mods are much more tactfull and curtainly not as heavy handed as some elsewhere.

Cheers
    Si

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008