1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Question The land of what if

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by husky, Aug 15, 2014.

1. husky

husky Donator

If you were to waken up tomorow and discover that the power restriction on all uk airguns had bean quashed what would you get. I'm more interested in the calaber of gun than the gun its self would .177 and .22 still be the chosen ones or with no power restriction would .25 .30 9mm .45 and .50 be given a lot more consideration. Just imagin hunting rats with a 50 a near miss would probably give the wee beasty a heart attack and a hit wuld turn it into a greesy spot. Rabits at 100 yds with a .25 or .30 or bringing a fox in to 75 yds and letting loose with a .45 or .50. I know its only a dream but just let your imagination run free for a bit.:violent2:

2. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

Anything in one of the four main calibres, launching a pellet at the heavier end at about 900-950ft/s.

While getting as much energy as possible out of a larger calibre air cannon would be an interesting exercise (I think someone in American has managed about 700ftlb from a .5 calibre -or larger- rifle) high energy levels render the gun increasingly less practical and efficient.

Tbh I start to lose interest beyond about 40 or 50ftlb - you need a massive calibre to get energy out of an air rifle; it will still have to (practically) remain subsonic so will still have a trajectory like a lobbed house brick, regardless of how much energy it carries.

Post 50ftlb I'd rather have a 22LR or .17 HMR tbh..

3. JLB

JLB Busy Member

.22 PCP at around 25 ft/lbs.

John:)

4. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned BANNED

Id go straight out and buy a wolverine .303

5. jps norton

jps norton One Hit Wonder

I`d go for a Rapid, S type most probably because of the larger bottle.
    Either .22 or .25

6. Jake_snake

Jake_snake Engaging Member

7. Rattenskrieg

Rattenskrieg Donator

I think UKIP are thinking of changing the laws IF they get in. In favour of the shooter.

8. Batz

Batz Busy Member

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

For me it would have to be an edgun matador multishot in .22

10. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

My Favorite Close combat is the AA300 Shotgun - Drum magazine and can fire @ 300 rounds per minute

Including Mini Missiles that take out light armour @ 100 metres........

Several interesting Video's -

BOB/R

11. Sir Oscar

Sir Oscar Donator

It's nerf or nuffin!

12. dr.tigger

dr.tigger Well-Known Member

Given my current shooting territory. An air rifle club my dad's paddock, my back garden and a small farm in west wales:

My current sub 12 BSA r10 .177
    Theoben fenman in .20 and 20 ftlb.
    Daystate huntsman fac in .22
    Sako .22 lr

Assuming the time, money, somewhere to shoot. All the above plus:

Theoben eliminator
    Webley patriot ( Birmingham )
    .17 hmr
    .223 Remington
    .243 Winchester
    AIA lee Enfield clone in .308 Winchester
    L85 (nostalgia)
    AI AX long range rifle on .388 lapua magnum
    .338 wsm
    .375 h&h magnum
    .416 rigby

13. oliver13

oliver13 Donator

I think around 30ftlb is about as good as it gets with air weapons, regardless of caliber. It keeps it sub sonic & almost usable air use.
    The thought of chucking a 700ftlb .50 cal in some of the sheds I shoot rats in is frankly a bit frightening - but if you've got that kind of power to play with then an air shotgun is a definitly a prospect.

14. husky

husky Donator

I like the sound of the 300 rpm shotgun but I think you would need to use it on armored cars transfering money so you could run the buger. I allso forsee a problem down the clay pidgen club not the done thing old boy. Not so much shooting clays as laying down flack. As for the big stuff I wuld love to try it but the 303 airgun is probably the bigest I would go for. As for the Lee Enfield I would have the 7.62 conversion and the .45 moderated conversion I read about it years ago and have allwase had a hankering for one of those.

15. bl4de

bl4de Donator

Gat Gun in 50 Cal. :D

16. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Crosman Rogue .357

17. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

18. mbison

mbison Busy Member

Probably an AR platform in 300 blackout, but fully customised. Interchangeable barrels for CQC or long range shooting, lots of knock down power but versatile enough for sub sonics with a good mod. Good all rounder.

19. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Ah you mean one of these.

[​IMG]

Wouldn't mind one myself.

20. mbison

mbison Busy Member

That looks integrally suppressed. I was thinking more along the lines of an sr25 but with the 3 different length barrels. I saw one on a documentary once that had a 14/16" for cqc, 20" for standard AR engagement and 24" for the long range power. That coupled with a variety of ammunition and a good set of optics and you're pretty well covered. FN five seven and glock 21 as back ups.