1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

The Hunter (call Of The Wild)

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Wild Bill, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Firearm Enthusiast & FX Wildcat owner.

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    Whilst I don't do real hunting myself because I don't like killing animals, it doesn't bother me if others do it for food or control. But I do miss my hunting that I used to do. So I like playing the odd hour or so in a good Hunting sim on my PC. This one is the latest and I quite like it. It is extremely relaxing listening to the birds and insects whilst stalking a big deer or a bear.

The day night rotation is quite good and it goes from morning to night in a few hours to simulate a long day out in the sticks.

I like how sometimes in the early hours of the morning their is a mist low down that burns off when the sun comes up. I also like how you can track animals.

theHunter-Call-of-the-Wild-PC-Game-Free-Download.jpg

the-hunter-call-of-the-wild-medved-taiga-pc-cd-key-1.jpg

I took this with the in-game camera you are equipped with.
    Time is 10am on a sunny October morning. California Northern Lakes.
    20200619141605_1.jpg

2. Rye

Rye Busy Member

I played this game on PS4 and was very impressed.

I have just bought a new gaming laptop so may buy this again for that extra graphical fidelity and more favourable controls.

The game really captures the wilderness well and the lighting coming through the trees looks stunning.

3. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

Hi Bill....I’ve been playing this since lockdown on Xbox One. It’s so addictive and the parks are huge. I think I’m on level 30 and still looking for diamonds. I really rate it because of the realism to tracking and wind etc....the choice of rifles and ammunition choice is excellent. The scenery and landscapes are so impressive, I particularly like the wind on the trees and shadowing :thumb:

Wild Bill likes this.
  4. Q__C

Q__C Well-Known Member

I bought COTW just after it came out on a punt on the PS store ... barley played anything else since I absolutely love it bugs and all.

New reserve coming out soon !

any other PS4 players who play this ?

It’s one of those games that doesn’t have mass appeal be nice to find a few other players...

5. TalinMoracius

TalinMoracius Arch nemesis of Colonel Heinz

It's a stunning game, I love sinking a few hours into it now and then.

One time I was sneaking up on a moose at night and stumbled into a bear who killed me!

BARNEY20 and Jagdwaffen like this.
  6. Q__C

Q__C Well-Known Member

First time I got charged by an animal ( a white tail as it goes ) it came flying out of the bushes and I may have screamed a little ...

Jagdwaffen, the dog and TalinMoracius like this.
  7. the dog

the dog Petrol engines do NOT like diesel

LOL
    Bill.... If you make a poor shot on a bear, does it turn on you and maul you? How many lives do you get? LOL:eek::D

8. Q__C

Q__C Well-Known Member

Yes it does ..... it’s happened a few times ;-)

the dog likes this.
  9. timmytree

timmytree Pro Poster

Oh dear!
    Be careful of the man eating beaver in the early hours, keep your keypads handy to protect your virtue and be ready to do your wives bidding when you wake up. Great white hunters? Fairy washing up liquid is under the sink, next to your dishwasher tablets and furniture polish.
    The Dyson is charged for your next foray into the wilds of the dining room to face another tiny spider and the bog needs another dose of bleach if you're man enough. If not, the local volunteer group will send round a couple of Brownies or a Cub in shorts and a fresh pressed woggle.
    I gave up make believe and fairy stories when I read "The Lion, The witch and the wardrobe" as a child. :rolleyes::D:D

10. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Yes great fun, but I’m still on DayZ, one word Awesome

Jagdwaffen likes this.
  11. Wild Bill

I do not understand a word of that. What is your point mate? :rolleyes::coffee:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  12. Q__C

Q__C Well-Known Member

I think it distills down into “I don’t play computer games therefore people who do are wrong”

or by extension, watch TV /Films/ read fiction or dream.

still takes all sorts ;-)

Seamaster and Wild Bill like this.
  13. Wild Bill

I see. :D If that is what he meant I don't take any notice. He was being a bit immature. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Seamaster and Q__C like this.
  14. Rye

Rye Busy Member

This is on offer on steam, so I have just purchased it (again)

It looks great on the PS4 so it should look stunning on my gaming laptop. :thumb:

Jagdwaffen likes this.
  15. johnnyv

johnnyv Busy Member

Shame there's not a British version with beer cans and broken glass, take away wrappers and those cylinder things that looks like there's been a great co2 plinking session but I believe people inhale the contents strewn all over the place.

Maybe a nice motorway roaring gently in the background

Then there could be hikers and bikers popping out from anywhere and a police helicopter scanning from overhead looking for the guy with a gun in the woods

Ohh and dog Censored lots of dog Censored:D

Does look stunning though:up:

Jukebox and Mike.lewis like this.
  16. Jagdwaffen

Jagdwaffen Suns up guns up

Just to give anyone that hasn’t seen it an idea...

oedbachgen, Rye and BARNEY20 like this.
  17. callum taylor

callum taylor Busy Member

I play this game it’s very good but if you have no patience then you’re screwed. Was stalking a whitetail deer next thing you no I hear a bear sounded uncomfortably close. Next thing it leaps out this bush in front of me I had to hip fire it with the .270 luckily head shot:D:eek::thumb:

Jagdwaffen and Wild Bill like this.
  18. gt74

gt74 Engaging Member

I haven't a clue about computer games but bought this for the kids on the back of this thread.
    What a cracking game.Keep getting running commentary shouted from them "Stalking a whitetail"...."Coyote clean kill"..."Bear":D