1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Good news The Green Light Arrived

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by BiggaJ, May 23, 2015.

1. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Got back at lunch time to find a parcel at the front door, straight away saw it was from abroad so guessed it was my CP-1 multishot.

After taking the wrapping off, my heart dropped. The picture and description on the box would lead you to believe they had sent the wrong pistol. The picture showed the original CP-1 with the plain hand grip and the lettering didn't mention this was anything leaving me to think it was the stock and old model.

Quickly opened it up, my breath held.....happily, the packaging must be still to be updated (I hope) because inside not only did the chequering look good but it also comes with a single shot adaptor. This is a simple affair but certainly unexpected and was not something that was advertised as being included.

There is a lug along one edge that locates in a slot located in the breech. The whole arrangement is held in place by a magnet once fully slotted home. The magazine uses the same set up.

After inserting a CO2 cartridge and cooking the action (all very smooth) I noticed the trigger moved quite smoothly, it's only a single stage with not much pull required to make it fire, this was confirmed when I handed the pistol to the better half and asked her to test fire it. Before she had even sighted it the gun fired very much to her surprise. So, a light (ish) trigger but certainly smooth.... Have they listened to the complaints after the launch of the single shot? I could only tell by firing the multishot against the stock single shot but to me, it's not too had. A little light but not something that counts against the gun

All in all, looking at the package, the quality on offer and the addition of the single shot adaptor I have to conclude that this gun is well worth a few hundred quid of anyone's money if bought from a UK retailer, the question is WHY would you pay this amount when you can have one delivered to your door for about half what you would pay from UK RFD? .... I paid £100, this included registered post and my bank fees. The transaction was simple and in my case GunCZ (Tomas) were faultless.

Oh, and all the packaging is in English with no sign of any other language on the box.... Only down side are no detailed instructions.

View attachment 117300 View attachment 117301

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

Looks great for a oner :up:

3. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Sounds like a good Tons worth to me!!!!

4. Critanime

Critanime Donator

Looks sweet. And for the price your can't complain. Maybe once you have some shots fired through it you can give us all the low-down on it. The chequering and grip look really nice.

5. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Should be going to the club on Tuesday or Thursday so will give an update on this thread. Have to say, loading tye magazine is a fiddle but I will see if I can get used to it.

6. Critanime

Critanime Donator

As daft as it sounds I bought a pocket knife that has some golfing accessories on it. One looks like a two prong fork and is handy for showing pellets in to and out of magazines.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  7. twodoctors

twodoctors Engaging Member

8. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

I certainly have noticed the centre screw working loose as I rotate the plastic cover to load the pellets. Seems a bit odd but something I can fix with a closer look. Not noticed the loading issue but do need time to run some tests at the range.

9. harry brown

harry brown Banned

Well this is my take..That's okay if you sort out the return postage and pack it yourself if it goes wrong! I really find airgunners some of the meanest penny pinchers I've ever met which is why I don't bother socialize with them generally, simple!
    RFD's in the UK have a hard time competing with the ebay sellers who specialize in very limited/select areas of the sport. A highstreet shop has to try cater for all requirements.
    By advocating buying abroad you are killing the social aspect of meeting other users face to face in the shop IMO. I can buy stuff cheaper on the net often, but buy from the RDF to help support a local shop to keep going, when the internet goes tits up!

Also check the exchange rates, because that is why you are getting a good price, just now!!

Pound to a pinch of salt you're one of the first to buy a poppy and tell us how you support HM Vets, maybe insist on a nice metal badge eh ..:rolleyes: :puke:

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  10. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Agree with some of your sentiment Harry and it is exchange rate dependent. There are plenty of guys doing this however, I do support UK RFD's as do many others, bought my Alecto, R10, crono, pellets, scopes, gun cases etc etc in the last few months. It's others on here posting about buying from overseas that prompted me to look, countries like Germany, Holland, Poland.

It's what a forum does Harry, brings faceless people together, offers of advice, ways to buy, recommendations etc.... But I guess I'm preaching to the converted seeing as you have been a member of this forum longer than I have! Then it's down to choice and on this occasion I chose to buy from overseas having already spent a few thousand of my money with UK dealers and UK (cottage industry) tuners.

However, I have never been in an RFD and spent my time chatting to other customers either in the airgun centre or my local shop.... Who incidentally is primarily a fishing tackle shop that has recently taken to selling airgun products and it is going so well they are expanding this area of the business. This place is called Tackle up in Fleet. I guess the internet is how so many regional RFD's have become well known nationally through Internet websites and forums like ours promoting them as being good to deal with. As always the internet can be a very effective tool but it can also be very dangerous.....we all have choices.

Are you suggesting you have have never bought from Internet sellers RFD's or eBay? I can categorically say I have never bought anything at all from eBay and have never bought anything airgun related from Amazon.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. AlsoFishes

AlsoFishes Well-Known Member

People comment that it looks like he has the mag on the wrong side. He also appears too be dropping the pellets in backwards?

12. twodoctors

Non brick-and-mortar shops in general offer better prices than the traditional shops. I don't think it is "wrong" to buy from the net, neither do I have a duty to support my local. It a bit like saying "I must not shop at the big supermarkets, and only buy stuff from the local corner shop, even if the corner shop are 10-20% (often more) expensive." If it's a fixed price item (eg newspaper or magazine) then I would be more than happy to. For other stuff, every little helps. I do shop at my local RFD if I want something quickly, need their advice/service, or if I am getting a small quantities of stuff (eg pellets) when the P&P would wipe out the savings. I personally only buy large ticket items/white goods from brick-and-mortar shops because I want that customer service, and as you mentioned, if things goes wrong it'll be (in theory) much easier to resolve.

In the case of CP-1, it certainly doesn't make sense to pay double so the UK distributor (and to a smaller degree the local shop) can make a profit. I'm proud to say I bought mine from Poland as well and paid just over £70 for it. There was very little to go wrong with the CP-1 and I thought it was worth the risk.

For the CP1-M, it looks like there's an issue with the magazine, so I shall either not bother or hang fire until I see more users feedback, and then reassess the risk. This is also what forum like this is all about.

Good luck with your CP-1M BiggaJ. Look forward to hear more about your experience. Enjoy the pistol!

Adrian

13. davethepitch

davethepitch Active Member

+1 to the above comments.

14. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Just had a look at the magazine and there is an alignment issue, amazing how this is able to pass as acceptable by manufacturer etc. It's not something that is unworkable, just needs a little bit of tlc to work things out. I suppose similar in a way to the trigger issue many had with the CP-1.

The other comment regarding the mag being on backwards (or something) it does look wierd but it is correct and yes, you do load pellets from the back of it!! A very strange affair but again for the price blah blah, it's an inconvenience but much more of a problem had I paid over twice the amount for it in the UK.

15. twodoctors

I'm sorry you've taken one for the team BiggaJ. Sounds like a non-starter for me at the moment if there is a known issue with the magazine. Although Brutuz fixed it with a bit of tape in the video, this appears less than ideal. You could argue that if you had bought it from the UK you could bring it back for a refund... and I'm sure some RFD would put up a bit of a fight. Having only owned single-shooter (except the Desert Eagle), don't know if I like the idea of loading up this fiddly magazine either...

...but I gave my CP-1 (and the desert eagle) to my brother in anticipation of the launch of CP-1M. And I still have my HW45 and Beeman P17. What do I do with the spare (50) CO2 canisters though! Sigh! :-D

Adrian

16. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Lol, thanks however, until I can get it down the range I have to say it represents great value for money. The single shot adaptor was a nice surprise too.

I am sure there will be some very inventive solutions to this problem and the pistol will be reverse engineered lol, I'm sure my trigger is a much improved version of the original due to forums such as this pointing out its failings

17. davethepitch

davethepitch Active Member

Hello BiggaJ

If i was you mate i would not be to concerned where i got it from and i guarantee before long someone will have a solution to this issue as the CP-1 is a good pistol for the price so i say just enjoy your CP-1 Multishot and think of the money you have saved. :)

Dave

18. BiggaJ

BiggaJ Donator

Thanks Dave....that's exactly my mentality towards it.

19. Critanime

Critanime Donator

20. AlsoFishes

AlsoFishes Well-Known Member

Doing the 2-stage trigger mod is not as straightforward as just tapping two holes because the trigger is hardened steel and needs heat treating before and after the mod.