1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

The Airgun Centre Essex - No Thanks

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Ouch!, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

Here is a message I sent them after they treated me badly....

Dear Airgun Centre Essex,

I am writing to you to make you aware of a complaint about your customer service.
    This is not just because I want to moan, but because I'd like to see you improve and I don't beleive any company can do that without feedback.

I bought a rifle with scope and bag from you about 2-3 years ago. It wasn't the cheapest price available, but I heard about your lifetime warranty and was impressed.
    The rifle was a .22 BSA Lightning XL with a Hawke 3-9x50 scope.

The rifle didn't see much use until recently, when I joined an air rifle club.

They chrono'd my rifle for me at 11.3 fpe and all was well.

At the end of July this year, the rifle made a funny noise upon firing and then felt different afterwards, so fearing it had been damaged I came into your shop and spoke to the guys there. They took the rifle out the back and fired some test shots and came back saying "It's firing very smoothly and consitantly it's one of the best ones of those lightnings I've ever fired" But the truth is, they were fobbing me off. I think the spring had broken. They sent me away.

I still wasn't happy with the gun so I asked at the gun club and it was chrono'd at 8 fpe.

I returned to your shop and a big man with lots of muscles initially tried to fob me off again, firing a few test shots and saying this is really consitant etc etc, but I said "it's power has dropped and the chrono shows it's only doing 8 fpe please can you get it fixed, I think the main spring has gone. "

The man said "Okay leave it here and we'll have a look at it and ring you when it's done." No time frame was given.

After 3 weeks I had no messages, so I rang; a man on the phone said "Oh yeah, that's been fixed for ages, come an get it" This was annoying.

I collected the rifle and asked the big man with the muscles "What was wrong with it? what did you fix?" The reply was "I dunno, the bloke that mends them isn't here and he hasn't put a note on the ticket". I felt like he didn't care about it, or me as a customer, at all! This was very annoying. But there were greasy fingermarks and bits of tape all over the rifle so it looked like it had been repaired.

I came home and still wasn't happy with the gun. It till seemed down on power, so I bought my own combro chronograph (£50) and it said 8 fpe.

I had lost all confidence in your company and your so-called 'repairs' so I ordered a V-Mach tuning kit (£80) and in order to do so, I stripped the rifle myself and found that the first inch, or so, of the main spring had snapped off and the repair you carried out, was to throw away the inch of broken spring and re-assemble the rifle with an absurd amount of moly-grease inside. The broken end of the spring has not been dressed or flattened and has been left with a sharp edge to chew the inside of the action of the rifle.

To say I am an unhappy customer, is an understatement. I will be in the market for my first PCP rifle in the new year and am busy saving up, as I fancy trying my hand at HFT.

At the moment, I would not even consider buying a tin of pellets from you again. Basically, you have lost my custom with your appalling customer service.

I do not expect that you care about that, but customer service, is very important and so far, my customer experience has not been good.

I've already discussed this with a lot of my friends down at the airgun club and posted about it on some of the forums and honestly, it looks awful.

So here are some ideas that could help you improve your customer experience and keep customers happy.

1. Please spend the time to be honest with your customers in future.
    2. Give them a realistic time frame and realistic expectations when you make repairs.
    3. Never fob people off; they can tell and it's really annoying.
    4. If you promise to ring them, please do it.
    5. Shoddy work is not acceptable, to anybody.
    6. Remember we live in the social media age. An unhappy customer has contacts with 1000's of other potential customers (Bad news travels fast).

Many thanks

Ouch!

2. DR2501

DR2501 Donator

Couldn't you have posted this last week before I bought my new rifle there?

Lol only joking, but I will ensure that I take care noting names and promises to call back when I need to return my rifle for repairs/servicing.

3. Big Uli

Big Uli Donator

Bloody annoying when shops do this
    That's why I only use 1 shop

I know for a fact if I hand any of my 2 guns over to Mick or one of the 2 Richards I'm going to get to notch service
    Past experiences support this view and there is always a call when it's ready.

4. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Excellent post - I'm a firm believer in letting companies know when they've done a good job BUT also when they mess up,
    that's a good balance in life..
    I do hope you get the courtesy of a decent reply / remedy.
    There is NO excuse for shoddy service.
    Good luck. :cool:

5. Cymru-Dave

Cymru-Dave Donator

It shouldn't be but sadly it seems to be the norm!

6. jme99s

jme99s Donator

That really is crap customer service how does you gun shoot now with the v mach?

7. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Interesting -

Aware of a growing number that have had issues with this Dealer

Being aware of Life Time Guarantee - makes you wonder as No Manufure issues AT Service Kits - so how they can service Guns in house

Or Allow dealers to work on Guns with covering warrenty - All needing to be done by Manufacture

Issue arrive as that costs money to return guns to manufacture -

Will be interesting to See there reply -

BOB/R

8. Ouch!

Ouch! Donator

I haven't had the v-mach delivered yet; it's in the post. But I'll let you know.

Ouch!

9. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

The "big man with the muscles",could find himself having more time to train,once word gets about,as to how awful their customer service is;)

10. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Honorary Member

I've always wondered how the Airgun Centre manage to stomach the cost of their lifetime warranties..

I suspect that the warranty only covers the first owner (knowing how quickly airgunners change their kit I imagine this writes off a lot of potential claims very quickly), plus many owners appear to buy from the AGC and get it delivered to their local dealer (fap knows why when the dealer could probably supply it cheaper from the off); and are hence reluctant to pay the (dodgy, uninsured carriage) to get the gun back to the AGC for work in future.

I imagine it's a similar blag to gift vouchers and extended warranty on electrical goods - offering something (at a premium in this case) that seems good on the face of it but upon further investigation actually has very little value.

One other thing that worries me is the quality of the warranty work when the company is doing it for "free" - they're going to want to to cost them as little as possible; meaning cheap parts and a rushed job (or a complete bodge as apparently in this case).

Finally, offering a lifetime warranty on something as obviously p**s-poor as a BSA lightning has to be asking for trouble IMO...

I'll be interested to see how (if) they respond; might be worth contacting trading standards if no progress is made.

11. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

My lighting was p**s poor until the vmach kit was fitted.

You out won't be disappointed:)

12. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

I doubt it, he has been there for years, you certainly know when you have him on the phone, 'Big Steve' I think. Little Steve and the older guy there are OK.

13. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

ffs dont tell me his vocal chords have got muscles also:p:D

14. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Good on ya mate, with treatment like that they be exposed.

15. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

LOl, not quite (would not really call them muscles either). Its normally his condescending tone that gives him away.

16. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

Great advert for a business, having rude staff on the frontline / receiving calls:cool:

17. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

How hard was it for him to chrono the rifle,and up the power to 11ftlb,its hardly a Daystate Airwolf,and to then stand in front of a customer ,and lie through his teeth....should be kept in the back of the shop,unlikely going to happen as its a family business.Many a time i have strolled into my local RFD,only to find the owner messing about with somebody,s springer on the counter,my first words to him...."Your only going to make it worse"....Thankfuly he has a great sense of humour:D

18. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

sounds like they don't deserve our money .....
    I fix all my guns but still buy pellets / scopes and bits and pieces etc
    hope you get a result
    cheers
    si

19. Tim_B

Tim_B Top Poster

I've found that whilst there is some fobbing off at times, if you deal with Pete (who I think is the owner) then you get good service. Little Steve is also good to deal with as Richard mentioned. I now email Pete first, then go see them, that way I know I can deal with him.

Thanks
    Tim

20. Panther

Panther Donator

I purchased my Panther from them, didn't start to well when I said I wanted left hand bolt the quote was "we call left handers cripples" at that point I asked "Do really want my money because you are going the right way not to get it" they dropped the £30 LH charge that comes from daystate. fortunately the gun has been ok, I should imagine the "lifetime guarantee" is probably not worth the paper it is written on, I wont purchase from them again nor take my gun back if there was a problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.