1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question The Age Old Question

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by SlyM1ke, Apr 9, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is it better to give than to receive?

1. I'm a giver, here you go!

25 vote(s)
    96.2%
  2. I'm a taker, hand it over!

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. SlyM1ke

SlyM1ke Posting Addict

Is it better to give than to receive?

Yes, no maybe?

I don't know but I would like to put it to the test..... With a giveaway!!

After having a totally naff day (https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/wounded.264667/), I decided to try and shake off my bad mood by doing something nice, a random act of kindness if you will.

Whilst pondering my meger existence, I formulated a cunning plan to test if us like minded folk on the forum and indeed the universe as a whole, being the cold expanse of nothingness that it is actually have the same opinion on the subject.

A poll is the first part of the test, the results will speak for them selves and give a brief overview of what the hive mind is thinking.

The second part of the test is to enter the giveaway! However 2 conditions must be adhered to in order to make this a super scientific experiment:

Condition 1.
    The first line of your post must be a positive statement, fulfilling quotation or words if inspiration.

Condition 2.
    The next line must contain the name of a @Forum Member. It is your choice as to potentially win a prize yourself or to pass it on to to another member (you're either a giver or a taker ;)).

There are two identical prizes, that consist of the following:

54 hand made cardboard targets, lovingly crafted myself earlier on in the evening, printed on 210gsm cardboard and painstakingly cut out by hand.
    40 orange paintballs.
    6 wooden golf tees.

Posted directly to your front door.

Winners will be chosen by a random number generator, posts will be counted and two numbers will be selected between 1 and X (X being the number of the last valid post). Should either if the numbers land on a non compliant post, the previous valid post will be a winner.

This next bit is where the universe gets its vote. As all valid posts will contain a name indicating whether the poster is a giver or a taker, ultimately the universe gets to show its hand, so to speak and choose wether the givers or takers truly rule the galaxy.

Obviously there will still be three potential outcomes available:

1) it's all gravy and everyone is selfless and the universe has got our back. :thumb:

2) we are all in it for ourselves and we would take candy from a baby without a second though, eat said candy and throw the wrapper back in the pram. :(

3) we live in chaos, drifting aimlessly through the universe without rhyme or reason, the universe couldn't care less what we do or how we act. :eek:

Regardless of the potentially unsettling outcome here's a photo of what you might win (or pass on).

IMG_20190409_220009.jpg

Obviously, this is all just a bit of fun and should have no major impact on your sanity once the competition ends. I won't take responsibility for any nervous breakdowns, vomiting or bouts of clarity that may occur from the upcoming results.

As a side note, all the targets can be downloaded from here: https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/printable-140mm-targets.259439/

Good luck to everyone who enters, the draw will be next Tuesday. :thumb:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. Thewelshwonder

Thewelshwonder Busy Member

There’s always someone worse off than yourself so be happy with your life.
    @TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony, Monkeyjoe and SlyM1ke like this.
  3. bobjen38

bobjen38 Posting Addict

If you don't enter you'll never win. Thewelshwonder for being kind.

SlyM1ke likes this.
  4. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Can I video that?

I'm happy. Mrs TinCan and I are happy with our life. :thumb:

5. Thewelshwonder

Thewelshwonder Busy Member

That wasn’t suggesting you were unhappy I was nominating you for the prize

TinCan Tony and SlyM1ke like this.
  6. SlyM1ke

SlyM1ke Posting Addict

Come on @TinCan Tony cast your vote.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  7. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I would give someone my last to help them out.

It’s nice to be nice.

@Shoto1

Can I nominate more than one person?

Shoto1 and SlyM1ke like this.
  8. Super-20

Super-20 Posting Addict

Life is 10% what it throws at you.
    And 90% how you deal with it.

@Rincewind666

Rincewind666, ibo7 and SlyM1ke like this.
  9. TinCan Tony

For unwavering help to all other shooters despite his own predicaments...

@SteveO

SlyM1ke likes this.
  10. TinCan Tony

Done. :thumb:

SlyM1ke likes this.
  11. Nubble

Nubble Donator

There is always someone more deserving than me.

Therefore I wish to donate the prize, should I win, to any newcomer to the forum or to the sport.

There.

Cheers.
    Nubble
    :thumb:

Nice idea btw SlyM1ke.

QuoVadis69 and SlyM1ke like this.
  12. Rattymcrattyface

Rattymcrattyface hurrr duurrrr

Trojan horses bruise their hooves, on the broken roads of time.

@thriftyarek888

ibo7, SlyM1ke and Treecreeper like this.
  13. Treecreeper

Treecreeper Based

The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.
    Free Tibet !

Well, I'm going for one of our American members (Shipping costs ! :D ) @charlie351 :up:

charlie351 and SlyM1ke like this.
  14. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

There is no point in doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, if you want to change the outcome you have to change the input.

@cloverleaf

SlyM1ke likes this.
  15. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

As @Jay Butts intends to come down south to teach us how to shoot I nominate him if I win as he needs all the help and practise he can get ! :laff::laff::laff:

Thanks to the OP for the kind gesture. :claping:

Jay Butts and SlyM1ke like this.
  16. Deleted Member 39870

Deleted Member 39870 Banned

Always better to give rather than receive

@PumpnGun

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SlyM1ke likes this.
  17. PumpnGun

PumpnGun Donator

Beware of Greeks wearing lifts :D

Scott..

Ray

QuoVadis69, Jay Butts and SlyM1ke like this.
  18. rmcn82

rmcn82 Active Member

‘A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor’ ... use this one in work with the guys.

Jay Butts and SlyM1ke like this.
  19. bucketboy

bucketboy Very Active

One parcel is cheaper to post than two @SlyM1ke

ibo7, Jay Butts and SlyM1ke like this.
  20. Jay Butts

Jay Butts Life, it’s so much better than the alternative!

If two vegans are arguing, is it still a beef?

@QuoVadis69, you’ll see the pure brilliance I am my friend (ahem!:rolleyes:)

:laff: