1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

That's Not A Wardrobe...

Discussion in 'Target Shooting' started by Steve170, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Steve170

Steve170 Well-Known Member

Currently constructing an indoor set up for my co2 pistols. Thoroughly enjoy the design and build stage so may be a bit of an anticlimax for me when completed.

Built inside a wardrobe and so using the drawers to house my kit. Slightly concerned about the noise this will make, hopefully won't be loud enough to trouble the neighbours and if need be I can and may anyway change out some targets for quieter ones.

All that needs to be done now is a top row of 6 gong targets, a catching tray for the pellets and the all important backboard. Will paint the targets at some point.

Currently has 12mm thick mdf backing and have ordered some 4mm neoprene rubber sheet. I'll have this screwed into the top and hanging loose. In my mind this should stop pellets getting through and cushion them enough so they don't bounce back. If needs be I can hang a door mat up or something similar but want to try the rubber sheet first.

The gap underneath fits a 17cm funnel trap. (fits 3 if I had 3).

All designed for a bit of fun as I have little range. Some of the targets are so big that they may bore me soon but I can change them if that happens.

IMG_20190912_165640.jpg

MaHa, Nubble, OldGreyDog and 7 others like this.
  2. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

Best use of a wardrobe I've ever seen

QuoVadis69 likes this.
  3. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Wish I had space for a spare wardrobe . . . .

Look forward to the finished product. :up:

Steve170 likes this.
  4. walter Often

walter Often Posting Addict

I like that mate. Great idea. I've got the day off tomorrow. I'll wait until the wife goes over her mothers and tell her I've been busy with some home improvements while she was out. She'll be absolutely stunned when I show her my handy work.
    Wish me luck! ;)
    All the best.
    Walter

5. Steve170

Haha I wish you luck! Fortunately for me there is a really bizarre shape to our kitchen/dining room where the last owners put in a toilet so there's nothing else to do other than target range.

walter Often likes this.
  6. Steve170

Yep, I don't care much for fashion. Fancy wasting all that space for clothes

walter Often and ibo7 like this.
  7. walter Often

Lol. On a serious note mate? I do like it. Only problem I've got is the longest room in our place is only 6m! And there is furniture and a tv that would hinder my aim with a .22 Springer! It's worth an ask though. GULP...!!
    Great idea mate. Nice one.
    Walter

8. Steve170

Yeah this is shooting closer than 6m! So will probably change targets to make it more challenging. The room is pretty big and they put a separated toilet in leaving a gap/corridor of about 65cm width and maybe a couple of metres long which then opens up to the room. The only thing we could've put there was the fridge but it's too separated from the rest of the kitchen and we (I) 'managed' to squeeze it somewhere else. A saving grace for me is that from the outside it doesn't look messy to the wife

walter Often likes this.
  9. walter Often

credit to you for using your imagination Steve. And credit to your wife for understanding and accepting that your great idea deserved becoming a permanent fixture in the family home. Great stuff mate.
    Well done to you both.:thumb:
    Walter

10. Steve170

Haha thanks! I will definitely tell her!

Here is a pic of part of the area I was trying to describe.
    IMG_20190912_184942.jpg
    Walls to the left are the toilet. Where I've taken the photo from is where I can shoot from. Strange little corridor eh...

Nubble and walter Often like this.
  11. walter Often

Now I getcha steve! It would be hard to think of a better use for that little alcove. Blends in nicely mate. From the outside it wouldn't raise a second glance at all. Then you open the doors and......ABRACADABRA...!! .... a shooting range! Nice bit of storage in the draws for all your kit as well mate.
    Nice one Steve.
    All the best.
    Walter :claping:

Steve170 likes this.
  12. Steve170

Got my rubber in now (thanks tincantony) ... IMG_20190914_160625.jpg

...will have a test later to see how much it dampens the pellet. Its hanging loose but at 4mm it's still more rigid than I expected and have no doubt it will stop the pellet. Tapping it gently with finger tip moves it back nicely...dare I say it appears promising.

Nubble likes this.
  13. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

LOVE IT!!!!!

If the large targets bore you...... get some shoot n c splash stickers. I use a 2cm circle and stick on large targets as an eye.

You can like a thousand stickers for a tenner : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/900-Roll...var=584666632603&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

[​IMG]

If noise is an issue I find blu tak works great to significantly reduce the sound (and the pellets stick rather than bounce back) Just stick a thin piece on the metal.

Not my idea, but someone else suggested a blu tak ball on string. I use that and its great. Its the quietest of my targets. so if noise is an issue you can intermittently shoot the blu tak :)

Steve170 likes this.
  14. Steve170

Had around 50 shots with a colt SAA. No penetration to the neoprene. When I hit the rubber directly the pellets did bounce out of the unit. The majority landed in front of me, so within 4m. I did get a small amount come back past me. These were bouncing on the floor or rolling, nothing over knee height I suppose.

My choice of targets means there are some potential danger spots, like the threaded rod or hitting the top of the spinners etc, where I imagine a pellet could ping back at me. I should wear some safety specs in case.

Overall very pleased so far. Bit of paint for the wood shelves and the top row with gong targets needs to be added.

Here is a pic of the marks left on the neoprene from the pellets...
    IMG_20190914_170756.jpg

15. Steve170

You're a star! Yeah the knockdowns are particularly noisey. I'll look into the stickers too. Thanks a lot

16. Cottonpickers

Cottonpickers Donator

if you want some stickers just PM me and I'll happily send a selection

17. Steve170

Thanks that's very kind of you.