1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

That Time Of Year Again For Torches

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics and Illumination' started by Tim_B, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

Well, anytime of the year is a good time for a torch but with the darker time of year upon us I wondered what everyone is using on a regular basis?

My line up this year - mainly for dog walking duties is
    • Nitecore P12 - had this a few years and a real workhorse which hasn't let me down. A nice beam, although not focusable, but I have never needed to. 4 power settings plus sos and strobe
    • Thrunite Archer - was the backup for the Nitecore for a few years, but since getting the next one below its been relegated to desk duties. Very handy torch with mid brightness, various power level.
    • Olight S2A Baton II - bought last year and is very similar to the Nitecore, just smaller in physical size. Various power levels and a very similar beam to the Nitecore P12, just a bit wider.
    • Olight prerun - this years purchase when it was on offer and the fact "I needed" a headlight (the fact I have a headlight band for thenightcore is neither here nor there). Various power levels with a really wide beam, which is no surprise given its mainly a head torch. Will take me a little while to get used to the wider beam. As the bulb is at 90 degrees to the body you can be hands free with what you are doing
    • Nitecore Thumb (keyring) - on my main keys and always with me wherever I go. A very handy, rechargeable torch. 2 power levels.
    • Olight i3E (keyring) - on my key ring with the gerber dime - a great pairing and is in my pocket most times I leave the house. Nice small bright torch.
    I do have other torches (quite a few), but these are the ones I use n a regular basis. Battery life on all of them is very good.

So, what are you using this autumn/winter?

From left to right - Thrunite Archer, Nitecore P12, S2A Baton II, Prerun

IMG_8354.jpg

Leshiy, David M and steevie dan like this.
  2. steevie dan

steevie dan Pro Poster

You have a torch fetish too lol

Tim_B likes this.
  3. steevie dan

steevie dan Pro Poster

Every time i'm out shopping i just have to have a play with torches where ever i may be, the wife just looks at with that really look lol, can't help myself.

Tim_B likes this.
  4. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

If I want a torch I just make one, there's several in the pipeline for when I can be bothered!

DEGS, Tim_B and steevie dan like this.
  5. steevie dan

steevie dan Pro Poster

This fetish must be an Ipswich thing i guess, mine all started when i was 6 my dad took me to a shop on Norwich rd. It was called Safari, do you remember it ? Anyway i would not leave the store till my father bought me a Pifco Lantern one of those metal bodied things with a flashing beacon on the top and spot light on the front.
    Lord knows how many torches i have had since then, a torch for every occasion i think, lol
    Actually i think it was ST Matthews st not Norwich road thinking about it.

Tim_B likes this.
  6. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

Never heard of it, although I am not that old :roflmao: I think my first torch was one of those silver things that looked like an army one but did different colours.......like you had loads of different ones since then......

steevie dan likes this.
  7. Missed_Again

Missed_Again Busy Member

I've got a Fenix TK41 that I've had a good few years and is still a monster for kicking out light.

I generally use a smaller Nitecore one, but the Fenix is good for the missus to use when walking the dog when dark as it's a weighty lump if needed if you know what I mean.

steevie dan likes this.
  8. steevie dan

steevie dan Pro Poster

Yes Tim i had 2 of those mate the one with little slide things up the sides, well i don't know how old you are mate but i am 60 and the fetish hasn't died yet lol

Tim_B likes this.
  9. Tim_B

Tim_B Major Poster

You only have a few years on me - I just asked my other half and she has t heard if it either :D

steevie dan likes this.
  10. steevie dan

steevie dan Pro Poster

It was only a few doors up from the swimming pool had an orange plastic sign above with Safari in white as i remember sold all kinds of stuff, i believe it closed down in the 70's.
    An interesting shop they sold torches too.

11. Bunyip

Bunyip Member of the Edgun cult

Unilite fv 9r,great all round usb charged torch, chucks out about 950 lumens, also bulletproof(up to now :))

Tim_B and steevie dan like this.
  12. Nords

Nords Thermal Fiend

Marauder 2 from Olight here (plus a few other smaller Olights). Outstanding torch, it really does reach out to 800m or so, but the spread setting is even more impressive.

steevie dan and Tim_B like this.
  13. Jonkem

Jonkem Pro Poster

I seem to have lost more torches than I've ever owned :facepalm:

Don't know how that works but certainly head torches disappear on a regular basis :shrug:

steevie dan, Tim_B and That hurts like this.
  14. David M

David M Donator

I still use my mini q5 cree torch every night on the dog walk with it's original 14500 crappy Trustfire li-ion battery I bought 7-8 years ago. I charge it about every 5 days. I used to use it as a front bike light when fishing across the Kent marshes and as a cheap lamping rig with homemade butt switch. Great value....:up:

https://images.app.goo.gl/d3GnKGakRFKjbvqWA

15. That hurts

That hurts Barely Active

The trick is to keep them switched on all the time so that they're much easier to find in the dark ;):D

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    steevie dan, Tim_B and Jonkem like this.
  16. Bigman17

Bigman17 Busy Member

Skyray king

17. Jimmypie

Jimmypie Pffft , Pop , Twang , Bang

Usually a Surefire of some description :)

steevie dan likes this.
  18. Jiggy ward

Jiggy ward Donator

I'm not 100% on the models but I only run olight now I have a warrior x turbo, java lot pro,seeker 2 Pro they are the main ones then I have 3 size of the index finger about 5 that fit on the key ring and the pen I do look at getting others from them butbdlnt need anymore as I've got enough for my needs

19. Keith Bucknall

Keith Bucknall Busy Member

I love olight