1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

THANKS GUYS, 70 year ago today

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by gasman, Jun 6, 2014.

1. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I'd like too just say Thanks to all the young men who gave there lives this day 70 years ago, true HERO'S and I will be forever grateful.

2. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

To all those involved back then, thank you for all I have today!

3. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

I don't think too many would give there lives so freely today

4. themadspread

themadspread Donator

fair play to that man truly great men never should thier deeds be forgotten

5. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

To be honest, I think we were made of tougher stuff back then, yes we can all talk the talk these days!

They paid the biggest price for the sake of democracy and freedom, if it was me, I would of curled up in a ball and cryed like a wee lassy!!!!!

6. jps norton

jps norton One Hit Wonder

We are all in debt to the brave men and women who fought for our country and our freedom which we all enjoy in our lives today.
    . bless you all.

Always remembered and never forgotten

7. slipperyeel1

slipperyeel1 Engaging Member

. bless them all.

8. David M

David M Donator

I sometimes think they've all been forgotten already by looking at what half the country drive and shoot. I spit blood at it all, sorry gents.

Can anyone explain how a country that caused untold misery and suffering to millions in the first world war, be allowed to rebuild to a strength caperble of nearly conquering the world just 22 years later and cause all the misery and suffering all over again..? Did they actually pay any penalty in losing any war..? In my mind they are world leaders again.

Sorry for this post mods, please delete as necessary.

9. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Absolutely agree!, and as for our young men giving the lives so freely, what utter tripe!!! The poor feckers were often found lying in a pool of their own guts squealing for their mothers, people who come out with all that trite poppycock about our brave young men giving their lives!!!! They didn't give anything, their lives were torn out of the mess of their poor bleeding dying bodies. Yes they were brave, in very many cases a lot braver than me, to charge up those Normandy beaches into german machine guns to be sliced and diced!!!!......Lets just drop this gave their lives freely sh1te shall we, they didn't.:mad:

10. jantar

jantar Donator

Please read the whole post and its relevance before making any adverse comments.
    For starter's I am not belittling anything those who gave their lives for. I attend all such occassions as do those I 'coffee' and natter with. I am of an age where I was so close to the wars end I felt the aftermath and still to this day have my ration card.
    Now onto this mornings conversation in the local cafe....We all got to chatting about the old service days (boring old ferts we are) and one of the oldest at 88 remarked that it was a pity that with all of the pomp and circumstance (his words) of the 2 rememberance celebrations (if that is the correct term?) we acknowledge each year for the great wars there are no such reminders for those who have lost their lives during the more recent conflicts such as the Falklands, the Gulf war and presently in Afghanistan.
    Simple question, but why is there not some consideration given to them when they too were in the service of this country? Are they to become the 'forgotten' ones for which the phrase 'we will remember them' is never uttered in rememberance of what they accomplished by giving up their lives?
    Lets be fair across the board and bring them into the picture....there must be a way to do that surely. Could they not all be combined into one Rememberance service/parade?
    Is it perhaps because no-one is shouting loud enough on their behalf? :confused:

11. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

WOW , I think your find VETS attend from all the conflicts that you have mentioned on all the remembrance days and as for the rest of your post, I'm lost :confused:

12. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

and know you!!! OMG I'm at a total lose for words :mad:

13. sneakysniper

sneakysniper Donator

It's because it was a world war mate, which affected almost, if not, everyone.
    At our town cenotaph there are the names of all those who have fallen since WW1 as far as i am aware, ie my fathers cousin is prominent on there and he was killed in the Falklands.
    What i shudder at the thought of are the people, men and women, who parachuted in during WW2 as spies/helping the resistance etc. If captured they were tortured and executed. I'd rather face an MG42 than that.

On a side note, if you haven't read it, try to read a book called NO DRUMS, NO TRUMPETS. Truly amazing account of a French officer's (yes French!) role in WW2. His name is Alec Le Vernoy

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  14. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

May I direct your attention to the link below, where it clearly states that ALL are remembered from ALL conflicts / wars.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembrance/how-the-nation-remembers/plant-a-poppy/remembrance-day

15. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

and moving on to you :(, I think your find the whole war thing is started by a small group of leaders/heads of state by said country, not the gen public and there army, and if I was you I'd have a little look around your home and in the CAR you drive, cozs there be bits and bob in there made in Germany, and that's a Fact

16. neiled

neiled Donator

What a very insular post :confused:. I take it you only buys British having checked all labels etc. on everything you buy and you wouldn't dream of buying anything Japanese then seeing as they carried out as many atrocities as the Germans on our lads.

Do you think the remnants of the British Empire feel the same about us considering the atrocities we carried out throughout the world?

17. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

There Are veterans associations from every conflict from the Falklands to Suez, Korea and the Gulf War etc, and also the Bevin Boys who worked the mines, nurses, London transport and the merchant navy.
    All are featured heavily in the coverage from the cenotaph every year on the telly. I always catch it later in the afternoon asI'm to be found attending our local parade in which many of the above attend.
    It seems nowadays for many rememberance Sunday is just another day to go shopping, play sports etc etc.
    Regards, Stu

18. jantar

jantar Donator

I had a feeling that this type of response was exactly what would happen. I don't know why you could be 'lost' when the post is very clear on its content. Particularly this part; Now onto this mornings conversation in the local cafe....We all got to chatting about the old service days (boring old ferts we are) and one of the oldest at 88 remarked that it was a pity that with all of the pomp and circumstance (his words) of the 2 rememberance celebrations (if that is the correct term?) we acknowledge each year for the great wars there are no such reminders for those who have lost their lives during the more recent conflicts such as the Falklands, the Gulf war and presently in Afghanistan.
    What my post contained was the combined thoughts of a group of us who you term 'Vets' (a deplorable term derived from the USA), actually they and I are very senior citizens who have all served in the HMF for extended periods, the majority having served during WW2 and so have the absolute right to make their feelings and thoughts known. The 'Vets' of later conflicts (is a conflict a war?) might attend but there is little mentioned of their part in the ceremony. The world wars are, and must be remembered but the point is that ALL such conflicts should be too. Please have another read of the OP and put yourself in the shoes of the ones whose words I used during our 'cafe break' to bring this issue to the forum. Because it was made clear that no insults or any other form of disparagy towards the fallen were meant none ought to have been taken. There really was no need for it. If we are so anti then why did we all attend the local ceremonies as a group and remain there until their completion? Why did we spend our pensions on tributes and cards?
    We have nothing to be ashamed about and hold our heads high.

As for Ichabod Armacost, all I can say is that I totally dis-associate myself from his views because most of it need not to have been mentioned. Old wounds are best left closed.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  19. jantar

jantar Donator

Hm, when you look at the world of manufacturing it is the Germans, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Koreans etc who now all dominate the marketplace. At least my fav rifle is a Daystate and my Vauxhall car was British before it got sold out to Germany!
    Common Market? poo to that!

20. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Well here is one at least to tell you that I never knowingly buy anything that was made in Japan or Germany,it's very difficult sometimes I would have to agree, but if the Germans and the Japanese think there is some sort of auto forgiveness systems available to them just by the passing of time, they really ought to think again. I am not even going to try and justify my attitude to anyone on here, for a great number of you, who are my age or older, it shouldn't be necessary. There is no Statute of limitations on war crimes, whoever committed them, including the British government. Somewhere though, you have to have a think, and having done so, draw a line in the sand, and say "thus far, and no farther"

I don't know why gasman is getting all po-faced about what I said, it aint hard to understand, but let me try again, I object very strongly to people who make silly, trite comments about those that lost their lives in the war, (whichever war), comments like they "gave their lives freely" really wind me up. Most of the poor sods had their lives torn from them without by your leave, or thank you very much at all, by enemy bombs and bullets, or if up close and personal whimpering on the end of an enemy bayonet. There is nothing noble or fine about a death like that, it's just death, and usually very much on a grand scale. If the outcome of all those deaths means you can sleep easy in your beds tonight, well then, all well and good, and yes you should be forever bloody grateful!